Listing monitored by Specsavers

PJC
PJCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lens are poor quality

I only recently purchased 2 pair of glasses. And already the lenses have worn patches on them. It’s like something has deliberately rubbing them on fine sandpaper. Extremely disappointed, and I already raised it with my local store. Just bad luck. No the product.

Amanda
AmandaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You get what you pay for…less some.

Virago
ViragoBRISBANE

Support non-franchise optometrists: Doug Perkins, Mary Perkins have made their billions

Purchased from SS on 3 occasions and each time the product has been unsatisfactory. Wrong prescription, poor quality lenses and frames and even some free dodgy women's health advice. Unfortunately, in the regions, SS are often the only optometrist in town! The up-selling, 'nickle and diming' is thoroughly tedious. Made wiser by previous experiences, on the last occasion, we elected to take our prescription elsewhere. Well! The change in the salesperson's demeanour was palpable. From now on we support only non-SS optometrists. Founders of SS Doug & Mary Perkins, who have a net worth in the billions ($), don't need anymore of our money, especially if they can't guarantee quality and value in return.

les uglik
les uglik

Custer service

Went in to specsavers, cause l had a loose arm on the frame, they said what was wrong, but if they fixed it, and it broke, they would not be responsible.
Poor Poor Poor. It was only a loose arm

Not great- multiple eye appointments & glasses that give me a headache

Went to the Cloisters store to get new glasses. After my eye test, I received my glasses a few weeks later. Did not feel right. Took my other 2 glasses (not from Spec Savers) in to compare. Had another eye test & glasses taken away to get fixed. Told my eyes had changed (despite my other glasses being OK) and the new glasses did not need to be changed. So now I have a pair from Spec Savers I do not wear. Never again

Phil
PhilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not satisfied !

Purchased 2 pairs of glasses , main pair not suitable as they cant be adjusted and are forever slipping down my nose. Been back numerous times for adjusting within 3 months .now told i cant return them as they are out of warranty ! Not happy will never return to specsavers .

scott w.
scott w.

Scratch

I'm on my 3rd set of glasses from Specsavers,the lenses barely last 12 months before they are full of scratches,at $500 a pair the quality is pretty average,time to try elsewhere

Linda M.
Linda M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lilydale Marketplace

The girl selling the glasses was as nice as can be (sales pitch?) but the woman doing the eye test was so rude that I ended up feeling nervous. She would ask a question and then speak loudly over the top of me when I attempted to answer her. I began to feel unsure what my answers should be! Very nasty!!

Flabbergasted

Disappointing

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy Customer

Gone Rusty in just over 2 years

Purchased new spectacles from Specsavers Optometrists paid $449.00. Have had to ask for new nose pads as they turn green almost immediately, went back to Spec Savers as one arm was very loose worried about a screw dropping out. Told they are ball bearing type not screws type glasses and looseness caused by glasses going rusty? They are always used indoors and never get wet, so can only wonder if it is perspiration. I have since notice rim on right side also showing yellow rust. I can only say I have never experienced eye glasses going rusty, in the years I have had to wear glasses.

Jac
JacHunter Region, NSW

Very cheap frames. And I felt rushed

Optometrist gurgi? Friendly but very impatient in test made me feel very rushed. No help offered choosing frames. They were so plasticy and cheap anyway. Will go elsewhere for glasses. Lady next to me said same thing. Shame.

Worst service. Eye test done in less than 15 minutes

The young optometrist was very rushed. Making me make choices at speed. Didn’t address of all the options

JulesB
JulesBCentral Queensland, QLD

Franchises obviously don’t deliver like small optometry businesses do

The staff at the Rockhampton Specsavers were pleasant and helpful but I wound up with bifocal glasses that are essentially useless as the script just isn’t right, despite taking them back and being re-examined and having the lenses replaced at no extra cost. However, they still are little better than no glasses at all. I bumped into an acquaintance while at Specsavers and again saw her while XMas shopping a few weeks later. She had the same experience and has gone back to wearing her old glasses, as have I. I don’t know if it’s the optometrists or the lens manufacturer at fault but I won’t be going back again.

max
maxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Specsavers customer service

A process was seen by 5 people not very personal the optomtorist was best of lot sales staff poor would not go there again not a good experience

Jillj
Jilljasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I have had a pair of glasses for two months. I knew the script was incorrect as I had double vision in one eye. I went back a second time and I was told the script was correct. At 73, I stopped driving, and stairs became tricky. It was suggested that I may have had a mini stroke (as I had fallen). A brain scan proved otherwise. I saw a recommended private optometrist and my new glasses are perfect for distance, TV and reading. The prescription was quite different to the one prescribed by Spedsavers. They are not multifocal as I was prescribed at Specsavers. My question is - can I get a reimbursement from Specsavers?

Just me
Just me

Hi jillj
I don't work for specsavers
This is a question u would have to ask the store manager. I suggest giving them a call. Best of luck

Ann
Annasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I ordered a 2 for 1 deal and am not happy with 1 pair. Can I get a Freud on these?

James W.
James W.

Dear Ann, if you received a 2 for1 deal there can be no refund to my thinking, however I am sure that they would be happy to fix or exchange the second pair, I suggest you go back to the store and talk to them.

Cheryl H.
Cheryl H.asked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I got my glasses in February this year 2019 less than seven months old they are and they have snapped in two pieces in the middle of the nose been in the store and told I will have to pay £15 for a new frame I was only cleaning my glasses when this happened surly the glasses had a fault in as I wasn’t heavy handed so frames are only guaranteed for 3 months this doesn’t seem right to me. Any help?

Hi Cheryl. It looks like you're in the UK? If so, their Head Office is in Guernsey and you can phone them direct check their number out on their UK website. I have twice had the same experience with outlets in Australia and both times took them back and had the glasses replaced free of charge. If the UK Company don't do this for you (7 months is absolutely not a long time for wear and tear), contact the UK Government Department that deals with dodgy retail outlets - in Oz it's called The office of Fair Trading- I always find that just the threat of contacting them does the job! Hope this helps.

See all Specsavers Retail Stores questions

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers