Listing monitored by Specsavers

Hearing test????…at Specsavers????

Surprised and went along with it but I suspect the ‘automatic’ hearing test (when you actually go in for an eye test) is a bit dubious and costing Medicare,which in turn costs all of us. I wouldn’t allow them to do it again.
If I want my hearing tested then ‘I’ will book in for that.
I think Specsavers Mornington should stop the practice of pushing people to have hearing tests that don’t need them. Definitely suspicious.

Discount

Hi, while I was extremely happy with the service & product from Specsavers Burnie, I was disappointed to see an add on the TV of 50% discount posted only days after I ordered & payed for products.
Next time I will shop around rather that go direct to specsavers as I believe they should have advised me of the up comming sales promotion

Veronika
VeronikaCanberra 2600, ACT

Consistent bad prescription

Debbie
DebbieKalgoorlie

Don’t fall for the gimmick buy 2 get one free

WA Kalgoorlie - Don’t let them talk you into the gimmick above as if you only want one the rebate is more by a long shot. From the moment I stepped into the store it was sell sell and sell. Don’t fall for it.

John
John

Good if you're on a budget

Sales and service were basically very good. However I would say their frame options are on the very cheap side - can have scratchy harsh materials that may irritate contact points. My prescription was fine, but I wouldn't go here again simply because their frame quality is generally poor. Put it this way - all of my $2 magnifier glasses have better quality frames than these. if you need cheap prescription glasses, then I recommend.

Ken
Ken

Brandon Park Shopping Centre, VIC store - v good optometrist, pathetic, judgemental staff!

I have nothing good to say about the store assistant, Pam - Brandon Park shopping centre, VIC. She was unfriendly, judgemental (I am non-caucasian) - no "thank you", no "you are welcome", no "sorry" and no smile at all. I feel she had pre-conceived reservations. She was pretty young but just felt she was more of a car salesman than an optician store help. I hope this feedback helps with at least future hiring. My advice - no empathy, no love - no job!! Sadly, whatever the optometrist did in terms of good work, this store assistant undid!! Also, I noticed that she had no intention of providing my prescription if I did not buy there - again, dodgy service. Specsavers needs to wake up if they need to survive long-term.

Jimmy
JimmySydney, NSW

Not happy with anti-reflective and anti glare coating

I always drive at night and it annoys me a lot that's why added the anti-glare coat, but after trying it I can't see the difference. very disappointed. 75 bucks for nothing. btw I highly recommend Ashfield and Burwood Branch for good customer service.

MaBear
MaBearSouth East Queensland, QLD

Various degrees of service

My spec savers Customer Service experience varied from 1 Star to 5 star - so they get a 3.
Don’t shops do a customised invoice anymore? When I got home I realised there was nothing to show what I spent $1300 on. All I have is my initial bank receipt from when I paid.
The Optometrist who did my test was BRILLIANT- 5 ⭐️ to him.

Delia T.
Delia T.South West, WA

Bunbury Store

Staff were friendly and helpful overall but one staff was not friendly or helpful. Wasn’t interested in customer service. No willingness to help but that’s because I picked cheap frames

Jayne M.
Jayne M.Illawarra, NSW

Found my specs, service questionable

jayaus
jayausSydney Surrounds, NSW

Prescription sunglasses arm feel off

Left it with the boss and when I returned he said cannot be repaired as he doesn’t have the rubber to go into arm and the frames are no longer a available. Looked at glasses and $400 estimate. My partner took the damaged glasses home. And fixed it himself with an old pair of glasses screws.

Wacky W.
Wacky W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very average service. Felt rushed to get things over and done with. Friendly staff but looked fairly stressed.

The store was thankfully easy to find and I was greeted then the race was on. Seats very close together and staff rushing everywhere. Optician seemed to have a short fuse and it felt like go in and go out as quickly as you can. I got the $199 deal which was okay but when I looked at the receipt later it seemed there were other things on there which were not explained to me. I hate that. I will not be buying there again. I wish I had gone to my local in Mordialloc and maybe paid a bit more. The glasses are okay and I hardly wear the sunglasses which was what I got in the $199 deal. Just a bit underwhelmed by the whole process.

Loyal to good businesses
Loyal to good businessesUnincorporated, VIC

Not Pensioner Friendly

My father returned from a Specsavers assessment and mentioned that Specsaver policies were unfriendly. The assessment was detailed. But the policy of not ordering glasses until full payment was made was difficult for him. Also there was no pensioner discount on the price.

Prescriptions consistently not correct

Michele
MicheleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Below average customer service

Went for eye tests they were running 35-40 minutes late, but please communicate that we were in a shopping centre , could have had a meal/coffee instead of just sitting there.

Jillj
Jilljasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I have had a pair of glasses for two months. I knew the script was incorrect as I had double vision in one eye. I went back a second time and I was told the script was correct. At 73, I stopped driving, and stairs became tricky. It was suggested that I may have had a mini stroke (as I had fallen). A brain scan proved otherwise. I saw a recommended private optometrist and my new glasses are perfect for distance, TV and reading. The prescription was quite different to the one prescribed by Spedsavers. They are not multifocal as I was prescribed at Specsavers. My question is - can I get a reimbursement from Specsavers?

Just me
Just me

Hi jillj
I don't work for specsavers
This is a question u would have to ask the store manager. I suggest giving them a call. Best of luck

Ann
Annasked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I ordered a 2 for 1 deal and am not happy with 1 pair. Can I get a Freud on these?

James W.
James W.

Dear Ann, if you received a 2 for1 deal there can be no refund to my thinking, however I am sure that they would be happy to fix or exchange the second pair, I suggest you go back to the store and talk to them.

Cheryl H.
Cheryl H.asked
Specsavers Retail Stores

I got my glasses in February this year 2019 less than seven months old they are and they have snapped in two pieces in the middle of the nose been in the store and told I will have to pay £15 for a new frame I was only cleaning my glasses when this happened surly the glasses had a fault in as I wasn’t heavy handed so frames are only guaranteed for 3 months this doesn’t seem right to me. Any help?

Hi Cheryl. It looks like you're in the UK? If so, their Head Office is in Guernsey and you can phone them direct check their number out on their UK website. I have twice had the same experience with outlets in Australia and both times took them back and had the glasses replaced free of charge. If the UK Company don't do this for you (7 months is absolutely not a long time for wear and tear), contact the UK Government Department that deals with dodgy retail outlets - in Oz it's called The office of Fair Trading- I always find that just the threat of contacting them does the job! Hope this helps.

See all Specsavers Retail Stores questions

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers