Specsavers

Specsavers (page 2 of 107)

Retail Stores, Online

Specsavers - Broadmeadows Store. Customer Beware!

Shaz
ShazWestern District, VIC

Biggest waste of money!

Over $500+ wasted! Bought 2 pair of prescription eye glasses from Specsavers for $339...have gone back to using my $20 chemist eye glasses. Bought a pair of sunglasses from Specsavers for $175....which had no glare protection, so I then went and bought a pair of $20 Polaroid sunglasses from the chemist which work beautifully!

Anne B.
Anne B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Trying to upsell

Booked into an appointment today. Unfortunately the young woman trying to confuse me with her upsell tactics, forced me to walk out. Why do they do this? When I go to other opticians, they don't have x5 levels of multifocal lenses, each $100 more as they go up. Might seem cheap. But you get what you pay for. Also the frames are cheap and nasty.

Kath
KathHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting

Sue
SueWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Specsavers I am disappointed

Specsavers unfortunately my prescription glasses are too magnified, I am nearly blind when I take them off. They are too heavy and they keep sliding off my face, the fames are too large for my face. I get sore, strained eyes. Back to my old glasses..going back on Tuesday and hoping they will get it rignt. has anyone else had this issue?

Kayezzz
KayezzzPerth, WA

Questionable hearing test...

Wendy P.
Wendy P.South East Queensland, QLD

Ignorant optm

Informed otom did not want multi focus glasses it keep on pushing them hard finally agreed to try after constant insisting by atom tried its not the way I use glasses hated it could not see a thing took back got $225 back must have been a ingorgant push for them to make money at currimundi store will change for me but I hope its to reading glasses as no one asked what they should be if not right they will have to do again could have saved all this by listening to me the customer not good sales people there just will do what they want

Deaf ears
Deaf earsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Questionable hearing test

I went in for an eye test but also received a complimentary hearing test. While doing my test I had an extremely loud Specsavers staff member talking to an equally loud customer right outside my test room door. For a few good minutes I could not hear anything of the test but only the loud talkers. Was told I had significant hearing lost.....under poor test environment???? Specsavers stick to glasses Only please

Store LocationForest Hill Victoria
Scottie
ScottieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Late...No apology

20 min after appointment time finally got seen....No Apology, even after I said, that keeping me waiting was rude...still no apology Wait it did not stop there From the time I arrived 5 min early till i left 1 hour later I had still not been seen by anyone to order my glasses. I don't know if it was just Chirnside or other Specsavers but that is not acceptable

H Smith
H SmithSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Overpriced products

I am a small person and require petite frames. As I was unable to find a suitable sized product I took an old frame in to have new lenses applied. I could purchase a new frame and the exact same lense for $299, however the cost for lenses only was $715. Now I did expect some price compensation for not purchasing the lens, but not the actual gouging going on. Needless to say I did not purchase from Specsavers.

Lisa
Lisa

Customer service atrocious at Frankston

Today I went in to get my eyes tested at Frankston Specsavers. This is the first time I have needed to get tested and did need glasses. I was left to wander the store with no clue of what suited etc, no staff offered to assist in any way. It was daunting and overwhelming! I had to send photos to my wife and hope she could make a judgment call just from a photo. This is the worse I have been treated by anyone in customer service!!

alferg
alferg

Always friendly, professional & helpful

I've always bought my glasses from Specsavers, & have found them friendly & very professional. I have had lenses pop out & various problems just from general use, & every time I have taken them to my local SpecSaver shop (Indooroopilly) they have fixed them on the spot!

Hearing test is a scam.

I was given a hearing test while in the store. I had not asked for one. The door was left open and the store was noisy. The earphones were not noise-cancelling. The store noise was a significant distraction. I was told it wasn't. When I had completed the test I was shown a graph of my left and right ear, and a summary below which said 'significant hearing loss'. There was not indicator of good hearing. There was no explanation of the parameters used to make the assessment. I do not believe this was a valid test. My hearing has not changed and is excellent. Is this a ploy to break into another market because online prescription companies are undercutting specsavers? Didn't work on me.

Gardyloo
Gardyloo

Appalling wait for eye test with appointment

Walked out of shop without purchase or test after spending over an hour waiting for prearranged eye test. Claim was that I’d been 10 minutes late but had been in their shop cubicle having eye photos/tests. Optometrist went out shopping instead and on return 25 minutes later took other customers instead who’d arrived later than me. I had intended buying two pairs of specs that weren’t part of any offer. Had similar long waits for optometrist in this shop but never had one who decided to go shopping instead of doing her job. Never again!

Phil
PhilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not satisfied !

Purchased 2 pairs of glasses , main pair not suitable as they cant be adjusted and are forever slipping down my nose. Been back numerous times for adjusting within 3 months .now told i cant return them as they are out of warranty ! Not happy will never return to specsavers .