Specsavers

Not great- multiple eye appointments & glasses that give me a headache

Went to the Cloisters store to get new glasses. After my eye test, I received my glasses a few weeks later. Did not feel right. Took my other 2 glasses (not from Spec Savers) in to compare. Had another eye test & glasses taken away to get fixed. Told my eyes had changed (despite my other glasses being OK) and the new glasses did not need to be changed. So now I have a pair from Spec Savers I do not wear. Never again

Phil
PhilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not satisfied !

Purchased 2 pairs of glasses , main pair not suitable as they cant be adjusted and are forever slipping down my nose. Been back numerous times for adjusting within 3 months .now told i cant return them as they are out of warranty ! Not happy will never return to specsavers .

scott w.
scott w.

Scratch

I'm on my 3rd set of glasses from Specsavers,the lenses barely last 12 months before they are full of scratches,at $500 a pair the quality is pretty average,time to try elsewhere

Linda M.
Linda M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lilydale Marketplace

The girl selling the glasses was as nice as can be (sales pitch?) but the woman doing the eye test was so rude that I ended up feeling nervous. She would ask a question and then speak loudly over the top of me when I attempted to answer her. I began to feel unsure what my answers should be! Very nasty!!

Flabbergasted

Disappointing

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy Customer

Gone Rusty in just over 2 years

Purchased new spectacles from Specsavers Optometrists paid $449.00. Have had to ask for new nose pads as they turn green almost immediately, went back to Spec Savers as one arm was very loose worried about a screw dropping out. Told they are ball bearing type not screws type glasses and looseness caused by glasses going rusty? They are always used indoors and never get wet, so can only wonder if it is perspiration. I have since notice rim on right side also showing yellow rust. I can only say I have never experienced eye glasses going rusty, in the years I have had to wear glasses.

Jac
JacHunter Region, NSW

Very cheap frames. And I felt rushed

Optometrist gurgi? Friendly but very impatient in test made me feel very rushed. No help offered choosing frames. They were so plasticy and cheap anyway. Will go elsewhere for glasses. Lady next to me said same thing. Shame.

Worst service. Eye test done in less than 15 minutes

The young optometrist was very rushed. Making me make choices at speed. Didn’t address of all the options

JulesB
JulesBCentral Queensland, QLD

Franchises obviously don’t deliver like small optometry businesses do

The staff at the Rockhampton Specsavers were pleasant and helpful but I wound up with bifocal glasses that are essentially useless as the script just isn’t right, despite taking them back and being re-examined and having the lenses replaced at no extra cost. However, they still are little better than no glasses at all. I bumped into an acquaintance while at Specsavers and again saw her while XMas shopping a few weeks later. She had the same experience and has gone back to wearing her old glasses, as have I. I don’t know if it’s the optometrists or the lens manufacturer at fault but I won’t be going back again.

max
maxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Specsavers customer service

A process was seen by 5 people not very personal the optomtorist was best of lot sales staff poor would not go there again not a good experience

Herbie
HerbieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Does not life up standards

I bought glasses in January twice the screws which hold the frame together fell off. That means if your a driving you have always to carry a spare pair of glasses with you otherwise you are stuck.
The glasses were bought with the most expensive coating. (anti reflex, clear view, etc.) The glasses smudge.
I was told this is normal. No other glasses I had in the past had this problem.

Alan K
Alan KIllawarra, NSW

Specsavers Online - Anti-Customer Service Defined, IMHO

Doreenrunner
DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Can not even order glasses with specsavers

Could not order glasses I wanted online as prescription could not be used, even the prescription is from a specsavers store!
Quality of lenses is low and they scratch so easy even keeping them in face or in the box! But I guess they want you to spend money in glasses every year no? But if you like a frame will not be able to get same next time as most of glasses are just batch imports.
I think will be taking business somewhere else with family as specsavers is not really holding the quality of the glasses for the big prices they charge on lens options...

Ebony.B
Ebony.BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not worth the money

I brought glasses probably 2-3 months ago and I’ve already got scratches on them when they’ve literally been glued to my face. The glass is terrible eg if you just washed your hands and dried them then touch the glass you’ll still leave a smudge marks on them. It’s ridiculous there two for the price of one deal is crap as I brought two glasses and still paid $400 so don’t waste your time and money and go to a proper place for your glasses then this high end crap. It’s all for the names and nothing else. I will not buy from them again