Spectra Baby

2.5

BrisbaneGirl1990

BrisbaneGirl1990South East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy from them unless you want a broken pump they won’t repair correctly or replace.

I exclusively express so pump all my milk I feed to my baby. Bought my S2 in December last year. By March it had already lost suction. I sent it back for repair and they sent it back sounding like it was going to blow up and with a new “rattle” sound. It sounds like it’s on the brink of failing. I let them know and they have completely discounted my concerns even though they market this pump as absolutely quiet. They haven’t responded to me and are ignoring me so I’ve now lodged a complaint to OFT. Absolutely disgusting. I would recommend an Eonian or a Freemie instead. Don’t waste your money. They are absolute thieves!

Alan N

Alan NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dishonest Business

**DO NOT PURCHASE** Do not support this business, they are dishonest and should be listed as a scam. They refuse to honour returns or warranty claims. When the pumps work they are great, but as soon as there's a fault this business ignores your messages until you get the ACCC or Fair Trading involved.

Spend your money elsewhere and support a business that has after sales support and cares about its customers. I will be honest and say I read the reviews here and thought it wouldn't happen to me.

John V

John VSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service and no warranty

I wanted to return a brand new product (S1 pump) after having pregnancy complications.
There was no response from Spectra. After sales and their return / warranty policies are shown on the website which they do not follow.

They blatantly lie when ACCC was involved saying the item was opened when they in fact never have procession of the item to make that comment.

I would not buy from this company ever again as they do not communicate until ACCC get involved and the only way to contact them is via email.

Mother & Baby Shops

Find out how Spectra Baby compares to other Mother & Baby Shops

Kenneth

Kenneth

Non existent after sales service. Do not buy from them!

Purchased item as they had 30 day return policy. Being a new parent, I wanted to make sure we had everything ready before we needed the item. After buying, decided it was not required and requested to return the product. Called, emailed, chat on Facebook (confirmed message was read), but all contact attempts were ignored.

Ended up with a Tommee Tippee pump which looks superior, is a quarter of the size and $30 cheaper!

Seems to be a pattern. Look at all the bad reviews.

Steven K.

Steven K.Sydney, NSW

SCAM: won’t accept warranty claim

Purchased the S1 pump from this company the suction is very weak and the battery life decreased exponentially. I am well within my consumer rights for a refund however the business refuses to provide me with one. After multiple videos this company just keeps making excuses. I hope fair trading can resolve this so I do not need to spend my time at court dealing with this deceitful company,

Absolutely disgraceful and disgusting

KiriSydney, NSW

Horrible customer service and bad quality products

kpinks10

kpinks10New South Wales

Do not buy this machine

Don’t buy this machine unless you buy a 12 volt charger as a spare. I was left high and dry after returning home from hospital with a premature baby when my machine would not turn on because the charger was broken. I followed all troubleshooting instructions and it still wouldn’t work. It was late at night and going a whole night without a pump was not possible. I had to send my husband to the chemist to buy another pump costing $380 and I contacted the company who will only offer a replacement charger. Terrible customer service and cheap product.

Lucy

LucyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service ever

My pump broke down, so I posted it to spectra to get it fixed. They claimed they posted me a replacement pump overnight. The pump took over a week to arrive. I kept checking the tracking number, it said that it was in SA first and then in QLD! (I live in Melbourne...).
When I complained saying that the pump took over a week to arrive, they said that it was my fault, accusing me of collecting it 2 weeks later. The rest of their email was quite unpleasant and they basically kept blaming me for everything.
Also, I posted my pump into the original box. They sent it back to me into a normal cardboard box, so of I want to sell it in the future it's going to be an issue now.
Great job, Spectra. Thanks a lot hey

S j kSydney, NSW

Not accepting genuine warranty claim

Hi have both the s2 and the 9+ from the au website. after two months of usage (including purchasing many spare parts via amazon), the s2 expression mode is so weak that its expression mode on vacuum 8, 10 to 12 is weaker than than when the s2 is in letdown mode (vacuum 5). After multiple videos and emails sent to customer service, the business refuses to acknowledge even the possibility that the suction has reduced significantly. I cant prove something online that they refuse to accept online. Now Im having to use the 9+ as my main pump even though the s2 is hospital grade - there doesnt seem to be any recourse I can have within the company except to go fair trading (which quite frankly will drag things on even longer)

Mother & Baby Shops

Find out how Spectra Baby compares to other Mother & Baby Shops

Simmo

SimmoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worse customer service

I am a single mother of twins and I wanted to utilise their sale. For some reason my computer just showed gobbidly gook on the site, Spectra's Customer service expected me to ask a friend to make the order for me and ask them to pay on my behalf, not believing that I had no one to help. As a single mother of twins I find this discusting. There was no help whatsoever.

Sean A.

Sean A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible product and customer service.

Bought some parts for a total of a hundred dollars and received them in open packagings (the parts are no longer sealed) for all of them. They are shipped without boxes or bubble wraps/pads at all. Made a complaint to their customer service and they were not apologetic at all saying that my items were not broken therefore there is nothing they can do about it. The fact that the packagings are broken, for all I know the parts could have been used prior or it’s quality been compromised. I’d never expected such experience received from such a reputable brand, which is totally unacceptable!