Customisable suction to suit different needs
Helps boost milk supply
Easy to clean and maintain
Loud motor and heating up
Used it no more than 80 times for the first kid as he was breast fed, the second child was a prem baby so needed to express every 3 hours and worked it to the maximum, only lasted 1 night and the second night started making loud noises, and longer to express, unit feels really warm. Spoke to spectra, they say because the unit is 3.5 years old, there is a lot of variable and we got a good use out of it, no service department so offered us a refurbish unit at a cost.
Pretty much these are disposable and only meant to last 1 child,
He says tha...
Warranty next to nothing!
Bought the pump in Oct 2015 and only started using it in Feb 2016 (when our baby was born), the pump was working well in the first 2 weeks but then the filter suddenly stopped working. Contacted their facebook page to seek for a replacement part and was told I need to buy them rather than claiming through warranty. What? I haven't used it for more than 3 weeks and it was less than 6 months since purchased! So what is the warranty for????
Very very disappointed.
Low suction and uncomfortable to use
Suction not strong enough but when you turn it up it is very painful to use. It didn't empty my breasts well enough and I got mastistis!! I turned it up and it left me with bruises and was very painful to use. Hard plastic cups are very uncomfortable to use.. Not happy at all with this pump.. Have gone back to my Tommee Tippee single pump which takes twice as long to use :(
Find out how Spectra Dew 350 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps
Know better, choose better.
Inferior and Fiddly
I purchased this breastpump at the Brisbane Expo. It's been a nightmare and has seen me waste countless hours adjusting it and trying to get it to work. The valves constantly fall from the shield into your breastmilk which instantly makes it loose suction and you have to scoop them out which poses the risk of contaminating your breastmilk. When I go to the website to try and order more valves they are not available on their own. The backflow filter is hard to connect and if not done right will cause you to loose significant suction. Even when y...ou have connected it right - the suction is only strong enough for single pumping and then your hoping the valve doesn't fall out because you won't be pumping at all. The air tubes are too short, the on/off button is hard to find and the breast pump works on full strength all the time. I've tried calling spectra repeatedly with no answer to my calls resulting in my having to purchase another brand. Very frustrating, especially after reading so many good reviews. Fiddly, hard to assemble, poor customer service
Questions & Answers
Hi I bought my Spectra 350 in August and have used it every day since, I exclusively pump so it gets a lot of use! I double pump and have always found its been great. Last night I turned it on to pump and found the suction to be reduced, I checked that I didn't have any damage in my valves (which were recently replaced), no damage in the tubes, made sure all parts were secured. Ive thoroughly checked the pump and all parts but can find no reason. If I close off the second hole and only do single pump it gives me my usual level of suction (this applies to both holes as I checked that both were sucking normally) and plugged in both of my kits to see if one was faulty in some way but both work perfectly on their own. I've never had reduced suction when double pumping before, it's decreased so much that I get hardly any milk coming out and barely feel the suction. Please help as I really rely on this machine to feed my daughter :( thank you in advance.
PUMP FIXED! I had a friend look inside the machine and the arm that moves the piston was bent ever so slightly so the disc inside the tube wasn't totally sealed causing a small amount of air to escape, he fitted a small washer and bent the arm straight again and now it sucks like it's new again!
Has anyone else experienced their Spectra Dew suddenly no longer suck? It was fine yesterday, I cleaned the parts and went to use it now but no suction. The machine is pumping, there is air in the tubes but no change in suction when I move the dial, even to maximum makes no difference. I've tried different tubes, valves, everything but nothing is fixing it. Thanks.
Nope. Sounds like a dodgy machine - I’d try exchange it
Hi JHS, thanks for checking in about this. :)
I would encourage you to shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org as 95% of the time, suction issues are able to be corrected with some adjustments to your shield kit. :)
I will keep an eye out for your message so we can get this resolved for you.
Does this lose suction when used as a double pump or is suction the se as when you use it as a single?
Hey Ree! The suction drops slightly when used as a double compared to single, but this pump has very strong suction, not many mamas are using it on the max suction level, and therefore would just turn suction up slightly when double pumping compared with single pumping.
Please send us an email if you have any more questions!
- The Spectra Dew 250 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has a single smooth, gentle (yet powerful) pumping action that makes expressing quick and simple.
- A larger hospital-grade motor makes for a powerful pump (with a vacuum range of 0-350mmHg) to draw out breast milk and build supply when needed.
- It’s suitable for heavy duty use (defined by the brand as 8 times a day) so it’s a great option for mothers who want to build their milk supply.
- It doesn’t have a letdown mode, so it may not be suitable for those who find it harder to express.
- This breast pump is advertised as being very quiet - Spectra says that this breast pump has a soft, constant noise comparable to heavy breathing, which could make it perfect for discreet expressing.
- The closed system and backflow filter prevents mould growth and moisture from the expressed breast milk entering the motor and - making this unit hygienic and easy to clean and maintain.
- It has a cycle length of 46rpm - this however isn’t adjustable, so may not meet the needs of all women.
- As an added bonus, the product looks like a breast! Subtle.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers took a liking to the suction of the breast pump, saying that it was highly customisable to perfectly suit their expressing needs.
- The breast pump helped many reviewers boost their milk supply.
- It was easy to clean and maintain, according to many reviewers.
- Reviewers liked how readily the parts were available online, making them easy to replace once the recommended use time of the different components was over.
|Category||Electric Breast Pumps|
Visit official website
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.