Customisable suction to suit different needs
Helps boost milk supply
Easy to clean and maintain
Better than the hospital or hire beasts if you have an established supply of milk
I got the Spectra DEW 350 with the intention of using it as a double pump set to establish and maintain my supply. I have had the Spectra a month now and have been using it as both double and single pump. Unfortunately despite getting a friend of mine whom is a lactation consultant to make sure I am positioning, breast massaging and using the set properly (up to a dozen times a day) I am still seeing no improvement but early days yet. It is a fairly quiet set to use and as long as you position the breast properly in the shields, using the silic...one massagers, I have found it does not pinch and very much mimics my bubs suckling action. I have found that using it as a double pump set dramatically reduces the amount of "suction power" compared to using it as a single pump set which is disappointing as much of the information on the site spoke of the ability to use the double set for situations such as mine with premmies and establishing supply because the double stimulation enhancing milk production. I am not sure how this issue could be rectified apart from having another more powerful motor or something that kicks in when the secondary pump is attached or having a different shield set that is designed specifically for establishing supply that takes in more of the breast tissue and has stronger suction etc Easy to attach my avent bottles to with the wide neck converter On off button hard to reach; electricity cord and tubing too short so could not be used comfortably unless sitting at a table right near an outlet; overheated quickly if placed on bed or anything but a table; massive loss of suction power when used as a double pump unit; unable to easily dial the suction dial button up or down without having to put down a shield which meant a properly positioned shield seal when double pumping was then lost as you couldn't dial up the suction
Questions & Answers
Hi I bought my Spectra 350 in August and have used it every day since, I exclusively pump so it gets a lot of use! I double pump and have always found its been great. Last night I turned it on to pump and found the suction to be reduced, I checked that I didn't have any damage in my valves (which were recently replaced), no damage in the tubes, made sure all parts were secured. Ive thoroughly checked the pump and all parts but can find no reason. If I close off the second hole and only do single pump it gives me my usual level of suction (this applies to both holes as I checked that both were sucking normally) and plugged in both of my kits to see if one was faulty in some way but both work perfectly on their own. I've never had reduced suction when double pumping before, it's decreased so much that I get hardly any milk coming out and barely feel the suction. Please help as I really rely on this machine to feed my daughter :( thank you in advance.
Has anyone else experienced their Spectra Dew suddenly no longer suck? It was fine yesterday, I cleaned the parts and went to use it now but no suction. The machine is pumping, there is air in the tubes but no change in suction when I move the dial, even to maximum makes no difference. I've tried different tubes, valves, everything but nothing is fixing it. Thanks.
Hi JHS, thanks for checking in about this. :)
I would encourage you to shoot us a message at email@example.com as 95% of the time, suction issues are able to be corrected with some adjustments to your shield kit. :)
I will keep an eye out for your message so we can get this resolved for you.
Does this lose suction when used as a double pump or is suction the se as when you use it as a single?
Hey Ree! The suction drops slightly when used as a double compared to single, but this pump has very strong suction, not many mamas are using it on the max suction level, and therefore would just turn suction up slightly when double pumping compared with single pumping.
Please send us an email if you have any more questions!
- The Spectra Dew 250 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has a single smooth, gentle (yet powerful) pumping action that makes expressing quick and simple.
- A larger hospital-grade motor makes for a powerful pump (with a vacuum range of 0-350mmHg) to draw out breast milk and build supply when needed.
- It’s suitable for heavy duty use (defined by the brand as 8 times a day) so it’s a great option for mothers who want to build their milk supply.
- It doesn’t have a letdown mode, so it may not be suitable for those who find it harder to express.
- This breast pump is advertised as being very quiet - Spectra says that this breast pump has a soft, constant noise comparable to heavy breathing, which could make it perfect for discreet expressing.
- The closed system and backflow filter prevents mould growth and moisture from the expressed breast milk entering the motor and - making this unit hygienic and easy to clean and maintain.
- It has a cycle length of 46rpm - this however isn’t adjustable, so may not meet the needs of all women.
- As an added bonus, the product looks like a breast! Subtle.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers took a liking to the suction of the breast pump, saying that it was highly customisable to perfectly suit their expressing needs.
- The breast pump helped many reviewers boost their milk supply.
- It was easy to clean and maintain, according to many reviewers.
- Reviewers liked how readily the parts were available online, making them easy to replace once the recommended use time of the different components was over.
|Category||Electric Breast Pumps|
Visit official website
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.