Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric (page 2 of 11)

• Portability

Number 1 breast pump

Extremely comfortable
Extremely effective
Extremely quiet
Love the light when you need it
Easy to travel with as I have done so a hundred times. I’ve used it for almost 2 years for two of my babies and I exclusively pump.

Purchased in July 2016 at Spectra Baby for A$300.00.

Amanda

AmandaCanberra 2600, ACT

Fantastic pump

Used to exclusively express for 14 months. Found the pump to be fantastic. It wasn't too loud, had a night light, and was portable. The pump is a little big, but beint hospital grade - it is needed.

Purchased for A$300.00.

Amanda99

Amanda99South East Queensland, QLD

An excellent product for pumping

Purchased in October 2018.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Mel F.

Mel F.Sydney, NSW

Best investment for breastfeeding

I purchased this pump based on reviews and it did not disappoint!

It has multiple settings to adjust to your comfort level, you can start off in massage mode and switch to expressing mode, you can start and stay on low suction and increase it as you need to, you can adjust the frequency as well.

I used this pump almost exclusively after birth every 3 hours, now I use it only if I need to as I exclusively breastfeed.

I really like that I can take this around the house without cords, it’s really light and I can get several pumping sessions out of a full charge.

This breast pump helped me to get as much milk as possible comfortably and the design of the product has minimal to nil wastage of milk compared to other pumps I’ve used.

Purchased in June 2019 at Spectra Baby.

Usage FrequencyShort-term
Crishi

CrishiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best Investment!!

I use this pump multiple times daily and love how efficient it is. I used the Medela pump at the hospital and it took me 40 minutes to express the same amount the S1 gets out in 20 minutes. Highly recommended well worth every dollar!

Purchased in March 2019 at Spectra Baby for A$379.00.

Court719

Court719South-Eastern Region, NSW

Amazing! Second time buyer

I love my S1! I previously had an S2 with my second born, but needed something portable with my third and my S1 ticked all the boxes! Shipping is always super quick and the team are great to deal with!

Purchased in December 2018.

Sofia C.

Sofia C.Perth, WA

Wonderful pump

Love this pump. Easy to clean, effective i.e can pump $150 ml in 15-18 mins. My breast no longer hurt and am happy to pump three times per day. Previous pumps were taking over sn hour to get the same amount of milk and my breasts hurt and had more moving parts to clean. This machine is also super quiet. Worth the price tag. Only complaint is not being able to choose flang size upon purchase of unit, they all come with a standard 24mm flange and I need 32mm. So when I bought the pump online I also ordered a 32mm set-set means one flange, so need to order another one at $29.

Purchased in June 2019.

Meredith

MeredithBrisbane

Love it!

I'm an exclusively pumping mum, this is my second Journey, for my first I used a Spectra s2, but wanted something portable so bought a S1. I'm so glad I did and it didn't disappoint. I make 2.5L a day using this pump and it can easily empty me well enough. I currently use it 4 times a day for 30mins and only charge it probably every 3 to 4 days. The battery lasts really long.

Purchased in June 2018 at Spectra Baby for A$303.20.

LynL

LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Effective and sturdy

It's easy to use, though to find the right settings to maximise milk output, I relied on the IG account "Legendairymilk" rather than the Spectra manual. It is expensive to start off with but the effectiveness at which it empties milk from me is great. Make sure you have the right flange size. I exclusively pump and have used the pump avg 7-8 times a day for 2 months now. There's no reduction in power, or any noticeable change. I purchased pump parts and accessories during clickfrenzy sales, mainly so that I don't have to wash and sterilise 8 x a day and have spares for convenience.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$379.00.

reviewgirl

reviewgirlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best!!!

After asking around I finally decided on getting the Spectra!!! Very happy with how this breast pump works. Its very strong and efficient. I love that its portable and has a light for at night time. I Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 at Spectra Baby for A$379.00.

Usage FrequencyShort-term
Jason

JasonSydney

Highly impractical: Must air dry parts. Impossible when pumping every 2-3hrs! And $672+ in replacement parts every year!

Purchased in March 2019.

Naomi

NaomiSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this pump!

This pump is amazing! It's gentle, strong, quiet, handy, portable aaaaaand easy to use. Worth the money if you need to pump a lot. I have been using it for 6.5months exclusively pumping and I love it. Compared to other pumps I have used... this is by far the very best!!

Purchased in June 2018 at Spectra Baby for A$303.00.

Natasha D

Natasha DSydney, NSW

Efficient

Switched to this pump after using Medela Swing for a while and increasing reliance on bottle feeding EBM. Medela was okay for occasional pumping but the Spectra S1 plus has changed my life now that I am relying on frequent pumping. Takes no more than 10 minutes (was taking me over 20 min before) to get a higher amount or the same. In built battery means it is portable, it took me a while to realise I was using the battery (I hadn't correctly plugged in the mains component). Also very quiet and night light is so useful. I still prefer my Medela bottles but this is easy enough with the cap converter I bought from Spectra online. There are a few more parts to clean, need to dry them thoroughly, but the time saved on pumping is worth it.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$479.00.

Kristie

KristieNorth Queensland, QLD

This was the best thing ever!!!

I had this pump since I had my second child. Didn’t get used much. My 3rd child was a 25weeker. I was living off this pump every 3hrs to keep my milk supply up. I loved I could drive and pump while going to hospital. I had a pumping bra so hands free. I would get more milk from this pump than the hospital ones they had for us Mother’s to use in the nicu. I loved this pump!! I recommend it to any new mothers so gentle to use and quiet at night as it didn’t wake hubby.

Purchased in September 2014.

Emma S

Emma SSydney, NSW

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about...

Ordered this after reading all the great reviews. Item arrived faulty! The fault didn’t affect the function of the pump (as I was told by spectra customer service) and I was encouraged to use it. I tried to use it for a little while, but the suction was horrible. My Medela swing worked so much better. Contacted customer service and they organised a refund. Customer service was great! For the price, I was expecting a much better quality pump and annoyed they sent out a faulty one. Only great thing was the built in light!

Purchased in November 2018 for A$379.00.

Renemk

RenemkSydney, NSW

A great pump

Pros: Easy to use, looks nice, a lot of different functions, portable.
Cons: Expensive, quite weighty.
I bought this pump before bub arrived after reading everyones reviews online. It is seriously a wonderful pump, double pump is great, however I haven't used it too often as have exclusively BF with no bottles... for some reason I can't let-down milk without the baby feeding. I wish I had waited to buy a pump for this exact reason, however if you are 100% certain you will be expressing, then this is definitely a great pump and I will keep it for the next pregnancy in case I need a pump. I have recommended to others.

Purchased in April 2018.

Nikki E

Nikki EPerth, WA

Game changer

The Spectra S1 is brilliant. I was using the Medela dual Swing prior to the Spectra and thought it was good until it died.
I researched all pumps trying to find the best pump for the best price. I settled on the Soectra S1 based on the reviews.
I love the features of this pump, the nightlight is super handy for night pumping. I was able to pump my 150ml allocation in 7mins compared to 25mins with the Medela version.
Very quiet.
Literally cut my pumping time in half! It’s comfortable and attaches really well. Easy instructions and features. Worth every cent!

Purchased in February 2019 for A$379.00.

ZoeC

ZoeCAdelaide

Can’t fault it

Reliable and easy. Love not being tied to a PowerPoint. It is large but has made my pumping experience as easy as possible otherwise. Battery charge lasts well. Would recommend

Purchased in September 2018.

A.L92

A.L92Sydney

Good.

I bought this because my midwife suggested and after reading all the reviews it seemed a clear winner. Don't get wrong, I'm happy with the purchase (....$300+ later) but the fact that parts become worn quickly and are pricey to replace is somewhat annoying.

The pump is strong, I love the light feature is great, especially if you need to pump during the night. The pump wasn't as effective as I'd hoped it would be, but not to say it won't work for other mothers. If you're looking for exclusively pump or return to work and pump, the spectra will be a useful.

Helpful hint: the minibie bottles can be attached to the pump.

Alicia

AliciaSydney, NSW

Best pump!

After extensive research while I was pregnant into what pump to purchase I settled on the Spectra S1. This pump is so easy to use and has many settings which means you can find the right setting for you. I am able to get a large amount of milk in less than ten minutes. I also appreciate the hygeine aspect with the back flow protector. The light and quietness is great when pumping at night! Highly recommended.

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews