Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric (page 2 of 9)

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
LynL

LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Effective and sturdy

It's easy to use, though to find the right settings to maximise milk output, I relied on the IG account "Legendairymilk" rather than the Spectra manual. It is expensive to start off with but the effectiveness at which it empties milk from me is great. Make sure you have the right flange size. I exclusively pump and have used the pump avg 7-8 times a day for 2 months now. There's no reduction in power, or any noticeable change. I purchased pump parts and accessories during clickfrenzy sales, mainly so that I don't have to wash and sterilise 8 x a day and have spares for convenience.

Purchased in March 2019 for $379.00.

Feeding MethodsBaby Formula
reviewgirl

reviewgirlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best!!!

After asking around I finally decided on getting the Spectra!!! Very happy with how this breast pump works. Its very strong and efficient. I love that its portable and has a light for at night time. I Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 at Spectra Baby for $379.00.

Usage FrequencyShort-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)
Feeding MethodsBaby Formula and Breastfeeding
Naomi

NaomiSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this pump!

This pump is amazing! It's gentle, strong, quiet, handy, portable aaaaaand easy to use. Worth the money if you need to pump a lot. I have been using it for 6.5months exclusively pumping and I love it. Compared to other pumps I have used... this is by far the very best!!

Purchased in June 2018 at Spectra Baby for $303.00.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Natasha D

Natasha DSydney, NSW

Efficient

Switched to this pump after using Medela Swing for a while and increasing reliance on bottle feeding EBM. Medela was okay for occasional pumping but the Spectra S1 plus has changed my life now that I am relying on frequent pumping. Takes no more than 10 minutes (was taking me over 20 min before) to get a higher amount or the same. In built battery means it is portable, it took me a while to realise I was using the battery (I hadn't correctly plugged in the mains component). Also very quiet and night light is so useful. I still prefer my Medela bottles but this is easy enough with the cap converter I bought from Spectra online. There are a few more parts to clean, need to dry them thoroughly, but the time saved on pumping is worth it.

Purchased in March 2019 for $479.00.

Feeding MethodsBaby Formula and Breastfeeding
Kristie

KristieNorth Queensland, QLD

This was the best thing ever!!!

I had this pump since I had my second child. Didn’t get used much. My 3rd child was a 25weeker. I was living off this pump every 3hrs to keep my milk supply up. I loved I could drive and pump while going to hospital. I had a pumping bra so hands free. I would get more milk from this pump than the hospital ones they had for us Mother’s to use in the nicu. I loved this pump!! I recommend it to any new mothers so gentle to use and quiet at night as it didn’t wake hubby.

Purchased in September 2014.

Nikki E

Nikki EPerth, WA

Game changer

The Spectra S1 is brilliant. I was using the Medela dual Swing prior to the Spectra and thought it was good until it died.
I researched all pumps trying to find the best pump for the best price. I settled on the Soectra S1 based on the reviews.
I love the features of this pump, the nightlight is super handy for night pumping. I was able to pump my 150ml allocation in 7mins compared to 25mins with the Medela version.
Very quiet.
Literally cut my pumping time in half! It’s comfortable and attaches really well. Easy instructions and features. Worth every cent!

Purchased in February 2019 for $379.00.

ZoeC

ZoeCAdelaide

Can’t fault it

Reliable and easy. Love not being tied to a PowerPoint. It is large but has made my pumping experience as easy as possible otherwise. Battery charge lasts well. Would recommend

Purchased in September 2018.

Usage FrequencyLong-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)
A.L92

A.L92Sydney

Good.

I bought this because my midwife suggested and after reading all the reviews it seemed a clear winner. Don't get wrong, I'm happy with the purchase (....$300+ later) but the fact that parts become worn quickly and are pricey to replace is somewhat annoying.

The pump is strong, I love the light feature is great, especially if you need to pump during the night. The pump wasn't as effective as I'd hoped it would be, but not to say it won't work for other mothers. If you're looking for exclusively pump or return to work and pump, the spectra will be a useful.

Helpful hint: the minibie bottles can be attached to the pump.

Alicia

AliciaSydney, NSW

Best pump!

After extensive research while I was pregnant into what pump to purchase I settled on the Spectra S1. This pump is so easy to use and has many settings which means you can find the right setting for you. I am able to get a large amount of milk in less than ten minutes. I also appreciate the hygeine aspect with the back flow protector. The light and quietness is great when pumping at night! Highly recommended.

Michelle

MichelleBrisbane

Amazing results from this pump

I purchased this pump after getting no results from a medela. Immediately my output doubled and in half the time. Don’t waste your time or money on other brands, this pump is amazing. Also super fast delivery. Highly recommended for anyone wanting fast results with supply. The double pump also is great

klag

klagMelbourne

Can't fault it

Bought this after seeing so many good reviews from other expressing mums and I am impressed! Best part of this is the portability and I was able to use it at work. I have low supply and I don't know how I would have continued if not for this pump. Tip for others is to buy accessories whenever there are sales. Sometimes they're on sale at Groupon and ask for promo codes from other mums!

Customer service is great!

Yvette

YvetteCanberra

Fabulous - can’t live without it!

My entire experience purchasing from Spectra was amazing! The staff are so friendly, helpful and prompt at responding to queries. I had an issue with sterilising the parts when my S1 arrived and they rectified it immediately. The pump itself is great! Really efficient and the flanges are comfortable. From my perspective it is worth spending the bit more on the S1 to have the flexibility of the cordless.

Nikki

NikkiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing

This is a very powerful pump from which I can express much more milk that I ever could with my medela swing or avant. Also not at all painful and very quiet, i recommend it for any new mum. I will definitely continue to choose spectra. Best pump ever made

lilliapearl

lilliapearlVictoria

My lifesaver spectra s1 breast pump

My lifesaver, this breast pump is well worth the money / price tag
Gentle expressing makes it bearable
Nurses made me use the medela brand in hospital...arghhhh...ouch....i have never been so happy with my purchase...glad i didnt go for medela because theyre far from gentle
Pricey but worth every penny $$

Sundssss

SundssssSydney

One less thing to worry about!

I bought my Spectra S1 second hand but purchased all new attachements for it. It has been a godsend. I love that it has a long lasting battery. It’s suction is powerful and the letdown mode really gets the milk flowing. Can’t live without it.

Spectra customer service have also been amazing to deal with and their service/repairs are quick and affordable (I accidentally dropped mine out of the car - it was returned to me within a week - they even have the option to loan you a pump to use in this time!)

Anna

AnnaPerth

Best pump for me, portable and convenient

Candice

CandicePANANIA

Perfect Pump

I bought Melela single brestpump first but it is really hard to pump. I pump for one and half hours but only came for 15ml. I end up mastitis. But this product is great. easily to use and can portable. you can choose all the setting by yourself. Highly recommended

emmmlj

emmmljBrisbane

Wouldn't have been able to live without it!

I went from the Medela Swing, to the Spectra M1, to the Spectra S2, then finally onto the S1 for the portability! I wish I had have got it from the start as it is the absolute best! Worth the extra money for the rechargeable battery, so handy to pump on the go. Hundreds of dollars cheaper than other brands and an amazing product with a 2 year warranty.

Justine

JustineBrisbane

Comfortable, Portable and Awesome

This pump is so comfortable to use. It is easy to assemble and use. I am so glad I got this one, the rechargeable battery is so worth the extra money. I can pump anywhere any time and the battery lasts ages. I use this machine daily. The shields don't have many parts so the cleaning is a breeze. Love the various modes and the night light. Love it. So glad I got it.

Love that you can use the tommee tippee bags with the shield too. Added bonus.

Pseudonorm

PseudonormAU

So silent yet so powerful

I love that it's a closed system so no moisture can enter the tubing. It's very quiet compared to other brands and works exceptionally well.
I was advised to get the medela but after doing extensive research, I settled on this. I got the s1 plus on sale at spectra so it cost $70 less than the retail price. I'm very pleased with my purchase. I've also purchased the milk bags and cooler bag from spectra. It's really worth the money spent.

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie

K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam

Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F

Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps