Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
J D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Battery issues, refused manufacturers warranty

After 2 months, battery dropped less than half of its original life. Contact support. Was told the wrong information about battery life and told me there’s nothing wrong with it when clearly there was. Customer service person refused to escalate to management per request and blocked me on messenger. Taking this to consumer affairs

Purchased in December 2020 at Spectra Baby for $400.00.

Kiri
KiriSydney, NSW

Absolutely disgusting service and horrible product

Purchased in April 2020 at birth partner for $372.00.

Steven K.
Steven K.Sydney, NSW

Horrible customer service: blocked me

Terrible company: avoid this company at all costs. pump became very weak and The battery life decreased under the guaranteed battery life. We were well within our consumer rights to get a warranty claim however this company ignored my messages and then blocked me. I have never dealt with a company like this my entire life. How desperate can they be for more. I will be taking my claim to NCAT. Disgusting people and I will be ensuring the word spreads. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Purchased in January 2020.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Victoria K.
Victoria K.Illawarra, NSW

Horrible customer service!! Constant same issue with their pumps!

Purchased in May 2019.

Worst customer service

Karla
Karla

I also published reviews on their website and they do not publish them.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Jason
JasonSydney

Highly impractical: Must air dry parts. Impossible when pumping every 2-3hrs! And $672+ in replacement parts every year!

Purchased in March 2019.

Emma S
Emma SSydney, NSW

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about...

Ordered this after reading all the great reviews. Item arrived faulty! The fault didn’t affect the function of the pump (as I was told by spectra customer service) and I was encouraged to use it. I tried to use it for a little while, but the suction was horrible. My Medela swing worked so much better. Contacted customer service and they organised a refund. Customer service was great! For the price, I was expecting a much better quality pump and annoyed they sent out a faulty one. Only great thing was the built in light!

Purchased in November 2018 for $379.00.

Rowie
RowieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pump broken after 8 weeks

I purchased the Spectra pump 8 weeks ago and have used it around 10 times to build up a supply to go back to work.
Today I noticed the power was really weak and not charging properly. When I re-inserted the power plug it sparked!
The machine when plugged in is now making a loud ticking sound.
I really thought Spectra was supposed to be top quality.

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie
K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam
Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F
Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps