Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric (page 3 of 10)

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Nikki

NikkiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing

This is a very powerful pump from which I can express much more milk that I ever could with my medela swing or avant. Also not at all painful and very quiet, i recommend it for any new mum. I will definitely continue to choose spectra. Best pump ever made

lilliapearl

lilliapearlVictoria

My lifesaver spectra s1 breast pump

My lifesaver, this breast pump is well worth the money / price tag
Gentle expressing makes it bearable
Nurses made me use the medela brand in hospital...arghhhh...ouch....i have never been so happy with my purchase...glad i didnt go for medela because theyre far from gentle
Pricey but worth every penny $$

Sundssss

SundssssSydney

One less thing to worry about!

I bought my Spectra S1 second hand but purchased all new attachements for it. It has been a godsend. I love that it has a long lasting battery. It’s suction is powerful and the letdown mode really gets the milk flowing. Can’t live without it.

Spectra customer service have also been amazing to deal with and their service/repairs are quick and affordable (I accidentally dropped mine out of the car - it was returned to me within a week - they even have the option to loan you a pump to use in this time!)

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Anna

AnnaPerth

Best pump for me, portable and convenient

Candice

CandicePANANIA

Perfect Pump

I bought Melela single brestpump first but it is really hard to pump. I pump for one and half hours but only came for 15ml. I end up mastitis. But this product is great. easily to use and can portable. you can choose all the setting by yourself. Highly recommended

emmmlj

emmmljBrisbane

Wouldn't have been able to live without it!

I went from the Medela Swing, to the Spectra M1, to the Spectra S2, then finally onto the S1 for the portability! I wish I had have got it from the start as it is the absolute best! Worth the extra money for the rechargeable battery, so handy to pump on the go. Hundreds of dollars cheaper than other brands and an amazing product with a 2 year warranty.

Justine

JustineBrisbane

Comfortable, Portable and Awesome

This pump is so comfortable to use. It is easy to assemble and use. I am so glad I got this one, the rechargeable battery is so worth the extra money. I can pump anywhere any time and the battery lasts ages. I use this machine daily. The shields don't have many parts so the cleaning is a breeze. Love the various modes and the night light. Love it. So glad I got it.

Love that you can use the tommee tippee bags with the shield too. Added bonus.

Pseudonorm

PseudonormAU

So silent yet so powerful

I love that it's a closed system so no moisture can enter the tubing. It's very quiet compared to other brands and works exceptionally well.
I was advised to get the medela but after doing extensive research, I settled on this. I got the s1 plus on sale at spectra so it cost $70 less than the retail price. I'm very pleased with my purchase. I've also purchased the milk bags and cooler bag from spectra. It's really worth the money spent.

Bon

BonIllawarra, NSW

Best breast pump.

Super effective breast pump. Recieved the day after I ordered it which was amazing. Good battery life, love that it is light and portable enough to take with me on the rare occasions I'm not at home to pump. The night light and timer are great features. I did need to go down a shield size, but that was easy enough.

Irene

IreneMelbourne

my bub's sustenance

This GREATLY helped me and my bub for 8 months!!! No dramas, worked well all the way. Battery was very good, lasts me more than I expected. The night light is a plus, not too bright when pumping in the dark room with bub. The sound is a bit loud but it is like white noise kind of sound, so it doesn't really wake my little one and husband up.
And I got it for 15% discount as well, just watch out for those promos if you are not in a hurry to get one.
Now I have let 2 of my friends use it.
The only downside I feel of it is just that everything is online for it, so you have to wait 2-3 days for your product to arrive, so plan early.

Coco83

Coco83Melbourne

Don’t bother with any other pump this it worth it’s weight in gold

After baby no.1 and using another brand with only one attachment baby no.2 came along and I wasn’t going to mess around it was so easy to set up and pull apart to clean. I could express both sides within 15 mins instead of an hour like my previous pump. I got the rechargeable/battery one so I could use a pump bra and pump hands free whilst making my toddler breakfast. But if cost is a problem I’d got the model down that need to be attached to a power source.

Kettlebelly

KettlebellySydney

Absolute lifesaver for feeding bub

Samantha T

Samantha T

Love it!

I love the Spectra S1 double pump. Its easy to use and easy to clean. The built in battery makes it easy to use when your out and about, the best feature by fare!
It is comfortable to use with lots of speed settings. Would highly recommended purchasing the spectra pump!

marinakrsAU

This saved me

marinakrs

No problem, thanks for providing me such a great experience!

C.Online

C.OnlineLaunceston, TAS

Excellent item for any breastfeeding Mum!

I decided to buy an electric pump to replace my manual hand pump and it was the best decision I made post pregnancy. The pump itself is rechargeable which was one of the biggest reasons I bought it, for portability when I returned to work. You can double pump, change the speed and suction settings and it even had a light for night time pumping. There’s even a deep spot to sit your bottle in once you’ve finished. No issues with this product at all but just make sure you have the tube fully connected with no air intake otherwise it won’t suction properly.

Bundah Girl

Bundah GirlCanberra

The best

So much more comfortable than the hospital grade one they loan out from the hospital. Much more affordable than anything else. I had significant issues with supply due to bub's tongue tie, and this machine was the turning point for me. They're customer service is also excellent. Don't even bother with that competitor whose name starts with a 'M'.

Rachel

RachelPicton

Quick and easy!

I was a bit skeptical spending more than I wanted to on a breast pump but I'm so glad I did!
I almost bought the s2 because I thought the built in battery in the s1 wouldn't be necessary but I am so relieved that I went with the s1, the built in battery is a life saver! I love that I can go anywhere and pump without having to cart around messy, tangling cords.
All of the parts are quick and easy to clean and it pumps a lot quicker than other brands

Rowie

RowieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pump broken after 8 weeks

I purchased the Spectra pump 8 weeks ago and have used it around 10 times to build up a supply to go back to work.
Today I noticed the power was really weak and not charging properly. When I re-inserted the power plug it sparked!
The machine when plugged in is now making a loud ticking sound.
I really thought Spectra was supposed to be top quality.

Emily

Emily

Best pump on the market!

Hannah

Hannah

Amazing pump

This pump is amazing. I can not fault it at all. It's easy to use, easy to clean, gentle and comfortable. The let down mode is fantastic and if I ever needed a pump again (I won't I am done with babies haha) I would definitely buy another spectra S2/1

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie

K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam

Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F

Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps