Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Terrible customer service

Initially this pump was perfect. After a week of using it I decided to order another tube as I damaged one. Spectra sent me another tube different to the tube that came with the pump - this new tube has terrible suction compared to the original tube. When I emailed customer service regarding this they were very rude, and unprofessional. They made no attempt to remedy this situation. I let them know before writing this review that I was disappointed in their management of my complaint, and they just ignored me.

Absolutely terrible customer service. I gave 2 stars instead of 1 purely because the pump was very good to start off with.

Usage FrequencyLong-term
Bel
BelSydney

Pump is ok when it works....don’t expect it to last more than one baby though

I was happy with the pump for first baby, used it for several months.

However, when I got the pump out for baby #2 2.5years later to find it is not suctioning properly, I tried new parts but still no good. Contacted customer service and they said $80/$100 to repair - they wouldn’t even provide any troubleshooting advice when asked.

I can’t justify spending an extra $80/100 to use the pump again when it was an expensive purchase to begin with.

Disappointed as I bought this pump as an investment for multiple babies, but to find it only lasted one.

Purchased in October 2016.

Raskil
RaskilPerth

Doesnt match the hype surrounding it

While it is portable its a pretty bulky unit so its not all that practical as far as portability goes. Availability (or lack thereof) of smaller shield sizes is frustrating. Customer service - started off great but I never received a call back to try and trouble shoot. I've had it a few months now and my supply has steadily decreased in this time. Maybe this is a coincidence but I much prefer the Medela Freestyle I was using prior.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Mollie
MollieMaribyrnong

Why call it Hospital Grade

I purchased this product considering the reputation & I am totally disappointed.
As my initial pump was replaced since it was faulty and customer service was bad, I feel so sad to have to write such a terrible review but unfortunately I don't have one good thing to say about this product.

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie
K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam
Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F
Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps