Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
York
YorkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A good breast bump

Purchased in August 2018.

Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Looking for Electric Breast Pumps?

Read the reviews for Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Ad
Cassie M
Cassie MVictoria

Supposed to be the best of the best...

Purchased in July 2018 for $330.00.

Stacey
StaceyMelbourne

Does not suit me

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Rainbow
RainbowMelbourne

Gentle pump.

I bought these because of the rave reviews. It does the job and is good value for money. However i found that the suction was not the best if you're looking for something a bit stronger to extract more milk. It was very gentle though & helped me get through the stages where everything hurt from breastfeeding.

Jasmine F
Jasmine F

Very good but battery needs charging a lot and I have to use Medals parts

Very good pump with many different settings. however I have to use Medela breastshields as the Spectra ones just aren't as comfortable. I have had this pump for a few years now and the battery just isn't holding up as well and I find I have to charge it more now...otherwise it's a very reliable pump.

Customer Service T.Spectra

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
VCJ
VCJ

far from perfect

I have been using S1 pump. It works great when using one side at a time, but the suction goes much weaker and uneven when using double side pumping, turns out it does not really save time to use double side pumping.
Also, the flanges that come with the package seem to be too big and always pull my nipples in too much. I am really worried if this will cause any damage to my breasts. Unfortunately, Spectra does not let customers choose proper flange size when purchasing their pumps.
The customer service person was really hard to talk to, always cut me off when I was trying to explain the issue and kept saying it's the issue with the parts and I need to purchase the replacement.

Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Looking for Electric Breast Pumps?

Read the reviews for Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

Ad

Bad warranty on a good product

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie
K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam
Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F
Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps