Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

• Suction
  • Comfort
EY_adl

EY_adlMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Portable and easy to use!

Got Spectra S1 breast pump second hand and It worked beautifully for my first baby. Portability was the key because I needed to pump at work and sometimes on the go in the car. The machine is bulky but I didn’t mind as it worked well, though I did find the suction was more powerful when I used it only as a single pump rather than a double pump. Different settings of speed and suction as well as a “let down” mode was super handy as well. Really great product!

Usage FrequencyLong-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Feeding MethodsBreastfeeding
Sofia C.

Sofia C.Perth, WA

Wonderful pump

Love this pump. Easy to clean, effective i.e can pump $150 ml in 15-18 mins. My breast no longer hurt and am happy to pump three times per day. Previous pumps were taking over sn hour to get the same amount of milk and my breasts hurt and had more moving parts to clean. This machine is also super quiet. Worth the price tag. Only complaint is not being able to choose flang size upon purchase of unit, they all come with a standard 24mm flange and I need 32mm. So when I bought the pump online I also ordered a 32mm set-set means one flange, so need to order another one at $29.

Purchased in June 2019.

Usage FrequencyLong-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)
Feeding MethodsBaby Formula
Renemk

RenemkSydney, NSW

A great pump

Pros: Easy to use, looks nice, a lot of different functions, portable.
Cons: Expensive, quite weighty.
I bought this pump before bub arrived after reading everyones reviews online. It is seriously a wonderful pump, double pump is great, however I haven't used it too often as have exclusively BF with no bottles... for some reason I can't let-down milk without the baby feeding. I wish I had waited to buy a pump for this exact reason, however if you are 100% certain you will be expressing, then this is definitely a great pump and I will keep it for the next pregnancy in case I need a pump. I have recommended to others.

Purchased in April 2018.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

darkfaery7

darkfaery7Perth, WA

Great pump. Probably the best on the market but not without flaws.

Purchased in December 2018 at Spectra Baby for A$280.00.

Usage FrequencyLong-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)
Feeding MethodsBreastfeeding
MCMC

MCMCSydney

Works really well! Battery last long & easy to clean!

This is the only breast pump that I have used so far. It works well, parts are not overly complicated, therefore easy to clean. The flange that it comes with is a standard 24cm, it didn't fit me, hence I have to purchase a 20cm flange separately. It would be great if there is an option to choose which flange when you purchase the machine.

Machine is a bit heavy though which makes this not easy to travel with. If you are using it predominantly at home, this is a good machine. If you are thinking of getting back to work or use it while travelling, better explore a more portable machine.

Lani

Great product but can be better

Customer Service T.Spectra

Affordable hospital grade breast bump

Very pleased with my purchase! I used another brand which took me 40 mins each time to express at work. With all the positive reviews I purchased the S1 and I wish I could had it sooner! It is such a powerful yet quiet breast bump. I managed to get more milk in 20 mins. I like the let down mode as it imitates the way baby latches on. Overall I'm very happy with the S1 and I would recommend to any new mom who's returning to work. The only cons is that my nipples can be easily pulled into the neck of the flanges, maybe I could choose a wider flange.

Jon Pratt

Jon PrattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Product

Juniper_Sprinkles

Juniper_SprinklesBrisbane

Good. But far from perfect.

I forgot to mention, one of the other aspects which is a little annoying is that the components of the tubing and outlets come loose quite frequently, and when they do it splashes milk everywhere or forces you to have to put together again.

Electric Breast Pumps

Dominique

DominiqueCentral Coast

Pretty satisfied with this product - would recommend

Customer Service T.Spectra

Great pump - fast and gentle!

After using two other pumps through three pregnancies I was disappointed with their performance so I bought the S1 based on great anecdotal feedback. In terms of performance it has definitely lived up to expectations. Superior to others I have used.
The fittings are inferior than some other bands and feel quite cheap. Would be great if other brand valves could be used with the S1. It is easy to lose some of that precious milk due to the design of the breast shield, duck valve etc. Not easy to clean. Very gentle though and you have more control over the strength of the pump.

Liz

LizSydney

A great product

I've used the S1 for 4 months now and it has been great. I have often pumped in the car on long trips to in-laws and it has helped my production as I don't have much. I've just had to get new shields as the valve keeps falling off (after 3 times a day use) and the supplied bottles are pretty useless but that isn't too much of an issue for me. I can highly recommend this product for the quiet operation, varying controls and rechargability.
Rechargeable, quiet
Bottles

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie

K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam

Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F

Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

CategoryElectric Breast Pumps