Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric (page 4 of 9)

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Shelley

ShelleyMelbourne

I was looking for a pump that was efficient, gentle, affordable and mobile. Though it is slightly bulkier than ones like the madela swing... it works SO WELL and it still easy to cart around. Once charged, you can put it anywhere and not have to be plugged into the wall. Love the massage setting. And the night light. Oh and SO EASY TO KEEP CLEAN! no milk passes through the machine so hygiene is guaranteed. Id rate it a 10 if it went that high.

shirley_mum17

shirley_mum17Carnegie

Mothers life saver

I love this product. Double pump breastpump. Chargeable too! It has a soothing warm lighting while pumping in the night. Strong suction although I usually use it on massage mode. Comes with two bottle of 150ml each. Easy to clean easy to use good customer service. The downside of this product is it has only one bottle holder.

Abie

AbiePlumpton

Perfect!

I used so many kinds of breastpumps and none really worked for me until i tried spectra! It really is a life saver, the suction is really good, it really encouraged me to continue with my breastfeeding for months. It is easy to clean and i really liked its performance. I strongly recommend this breastpump. It is quite expensive but it is so worth it.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Nak

NakMaitland

Sanity saver!

This has been an amazing investment. I pump every other day and have used it since I had my son in June 2015 woth a short break between kids. The suction is amazing and I get so much milk each pump. It is so easy to clean and spectra are great to deal with shipping extremely fast!

MissL

MissLGold Coast

Great value

Great value for an efficient hospital grade pump that most I have talked to rate as better than the more expensive (yellow...) brands. The battery option really is worth it compared to the S2, especially to use at work. Wait for the sales and buy extra flange sets if pumping daily so it isn’t a rush to wash and dry them each night. Flanges are conveniently dishwasher safe.

Nayes

NayesTas, 7248

It is worth the money!

It is comfortable to use if you get the right size breast shields, it has a built in rechargeable battery. It is so easy to clean and mould can’t get in the system, I would use the product again if I need it in the future. It also comes with a built in light, I would recommend to anyone!

Ash

AshMelbourne

Very good quality & Value for money

We purchased it recently with our first one. First one arrived was faulty & was making clock ticking sound. Online support is very good and can answer you in 1 hour or so. They send replacement immediately & let me keep the kit came with previous faulty one. I am happy in terms of it's performance, low noise, great suction.

Aly_S

Aly_SSydney

Cannot live without it! Gentle, efficient and comes with batteries! Still powering on 2 years later.

Michael

Michael

Best Pump Ever - Life Saver

This is an absolutely amazing pump, very pricey but compared to the other premium pumps on the market it is not pricey at all. Love the flawless double pump experience, my wife is extremely happy. Convenient to have the battery and I love that it's hospital grade which means all you have to do is wash the bottles not the tubes, very hygienic.

Neela14

Neela14Melbourne

Great pump

I couldn't imagine how mums can live without a great pump! I could bump on the go, at work, in the car even if I needed so it made life so much easier. I managed to freeze quite a lot also which means my 1 year old has only just now had a few bottles of formula. It's worth the money and so buy it from the Australian distributor so you get the warranty.

FiTSydney, NSW

Fantastic pump

This was a brilliant breast pump. The double feature is fantastic. It is super quiet so i could pump in the middle of the night if needed. It has a timer and a little light so you can see what you're doing. It isn't too bright. The speeds and suction can be changed too. Totally worth the money.

FiT

Yes I forgot about the rechargeable battery. Best idea. Totally worth the extra $$ for the one without the cord!

Kat H

Kat HSouth West, WA

Best pump ever

This is my second baby and second breast pump and I give it a 10/10! Battery life is great, convenient not having to need a power point, lots of settings, extracts milk quickly - I absolutely love it and would now never use any other brand! My last pump (another well known breast pump brand) didn't block the back flow so I'd have milk going up the tubing and sometimes in to the machine which is was annoying and unhygienic - the spectra blocks the back flow so you don't have that issue and is the only pump I know of that does this. Totally worth the investment!

Kiandora

KiandoraPerth

Fantastic!

I bought this pump after suffering with a hand pump and a different brand electric pump for six months. I wish I had discovered it sooner!
It is so simple to use and I especially like that you can change the settings to suit what you need in terms of pressure. The cordless design means I can sit in a comfortable position on the couch and not feel like I am dragging a huge thing around. It is beautifully lightweight.
It is a little expensive but I honestly think it is worth it. Only downside is not being able to chose the shield size, so I ended up with shields I couldn't use and had to purchase the right sized ones as an extra expense.

Jocelyn

JocelynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can't find a flaw.

Pros: Comfortable to use. Easy to clean and maintain. With built in battery so you can pump anywhere. Very very quiet. Fits most wide neck bottles so no drop is wasted.
Cons: Expensive (although worth every dollar)

GrerR

GrerRSydney

Awesome Pump!

Easy to use and very comfortable. Its quiet enough to keep in nursery so you can pump at any time without waking everyone. I used the machine for twice a day for 3 months and had no issues at all. I wasn't sure how to set it up when i received it, so i rang customer service and they were extremely helpful.
My only issue was that i would of like to buy more bottles, but read that Advent bottles also fit the attachment.
It is very easy to clean and i would recommend this product to any mum.

Mazzy

Mazzy

Brilliant pump!

I had been using the medala symphony for a couple of months and then decided to buy a pump system and chose spectra based on the many positive reviews. So glad I did, it's the best! Only drawback is that it would be better to be able to pick your shield size or be prompted at the shopping basket about converter pieces for the medala to the spectra. Small gripe for a great product!

Jane M

Jane M

Can't live without this!

We were still in hospital when we ordered the Spectra S1, we arrived home the next day and it was there waiting for us on our doorstep! Super speedy delivery!
It is so easy to use, clean and is so quiet and most of all works efficiently so I don't have to spend hours pumping. It also has a battery so I can use it wherever I want.
I am exclusively pumping at the moment, because my newborn has latch problems and as a first time mum, this has been a life saver and made things less stressful.

PegL

PegLVictoria

Quiet, easy to use

I use this every day or second day for about 20 minutes and get good output. The suction is hood and very adjustable. It's very quiet - does not wake husband or baby ehen I use it in the middle of the night. Cleaning is very easy and the portability is very handy.

Hi PegL,

Thanks for leaving a review of the S1 pump. We are thrilled to hear you love your pump, and find it really helpful and quiet :-) I love the nightlight feature - handy for those overnight pumping sessions. Warm regards, Alli, Spectra Team

Dani

DaniMandurah

Perfect! Couldn't imagine breastfeeding without it

Absolutely rave about this pump, I seriously can not imagine ever using a different pump again
Very easy to clean , great that it comes with the double pump option so I can have my pumping done quicker as I have a toddler to run around after as well as a newborn. 15 minutes on both boobs seems to empty my boobs enough as well as get my a great supply.

Chlo

ChloMelbourne

This is perfect!!!

This is a great pump with good suction and easy to use. I'm a first time mum and couldn't be more greateful that I have chosen this pump. So easy to use and very convenient with the portable function which means I can get on with things without having to be plugged into a power point.

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie

K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam

Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F

Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps