Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Edie K.

Edie K.South East Queensland, QLD

Quiet and comfortable, amazing for early breast feeding days

I love my spectra s1, battery lasts a long time, it has a handy light which has 2 brightness options and it is easy to assemble and keep clean. The pump is very comfortable and quiet. I can not recommend this enough!

Purchased in March 2021 at Spectra Baby for $279.00.

J D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Battery issues, refused manufacturers warranty

After 2 months, battery dropped less than half of its original life. Contact support. Was told the wrong information about battery life and told me there’s nothing wrong with it when clearly there was. Customer service person refused to escalate to management per request and blocked me on messenger. Taking this to consumer affairs

Purchased in December 2020 at Spectra Baby for $400.00.

Yvonne

Yvonne South East Queensland, QLD

Nothing better!

This pump is absolutely worth every cent! Combing Fenugreek (8000mg per day as advised by midwife) and a lactation Biscuit recipe www.thebakermama.com whilst pumping for 15mins every 2/3 hours increased my supply from 30ml to 180ml plus in a matter of weeks! Easy and comfortable... cannot fault this product at all.

Purchased in December 2020 for $250.00.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Christine H.

Christine H.

Breastfeeding mum's best friend!

Purchased in April 2020 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $200.00.

Kiri

KiriSydney, NSW

Absolutely disgusting service and horrible product

Purchased in April 2020 at birth partner for $372.00.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Steven K.

Steven K.Sydney, NSW

Horrible customer service: blocked me

Terrible company: avoid this company at all costs. pump became very weak and The battery life decreased under the guaranteed battery life. We were well within our consumer rights to get a warranty claim however this company ignored my messages and then blocked me. I have never dealt with a company like this my entire life. How desperate can they be for more. I will be taking my claim to NCAT. Disgusting people and I will be ensuring the word spreads. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Purchased in January 2020.

Victoria K.

Victoria K.Illawarra, NSW

Horrible customer service!! Constant same issue with their pumps!

Purchased in May 2019.

Alisha

AlishaIllawarra, NSW

Perfect pump

I love my pump!
It has a massage mode to trigger letdowns and a backflow protector to keep the milk and machine safe and clean.
It is powerful.
The only con to this pump is while it’s rechargeable, it’s not super portable. It’s quite bulky to carry around.
But I’m still very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in April 2020 at Spectra Baby for $341.10.

Mims O.

Mims O.

Love this pump!

This pump is exactly what I needed. I'm exclusively pumping as my baby was is special care. It is potable enough that I can still move around the house if needed. The suction and cycles are fantastic. Being able to double pump is life saving.

Purchased in May 2020 at Spectra Baby for $320.00.

York

YorkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A good breast bump

Purchased in August 2018.

Ayeza S.

Ayeza S.Illawarra, NSW

Best pump!

Hospital grade and closed system
Has built in battery
Excellent suction
Has kept my supply great
Double pumping makes it so much quicker
Can review how many hours you’ve already pumped from day 1.
Many options for pumping cycle and suction preferences.

Purchased in October 2019.

amandusc

amanduscSydney, NSW

Best breast pump !

Was recommended the spectra 1 by another mum. Love how I can transport it around the house without being bound to a PowerPoint, Ease of use , that is is hospital grade so I can sell it after I'm done with it, and how much Milk I can get out of it. Great price esp compared to other well known brands like medela. It was just as good as the Medela I used in the hospital. Love it and highly recommend it to other mums.

Purchased in November 2019 at Spectra Baby for $303.00.

Polly D.

Polly D.Hunter Region, NSW

The best breast pump

I brought the S1 to the hospital with me when I had my second baby and it was even better than the hospital grade pumps there! The shields are really comfortable and I love how customisable the suction and frequency is.
I had a different brand with my first baby and the Spectra is just so much better. I get heaps of milk comfortably and easily, and the parts are easy to clean.
And the shipping and support is SO FAST! I ordered new breast shields to get a better fit and they came the next day. I cannot recommend Spectra highly enough. It is less expensive than other brands and yet the product is far superior.
Also, my toddler loves playing with the light on it! Haha!

Purchased in February 2018 at Spectra Baby.

AmyJ

AmyJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Efficient double pump

Fantastic efficient pump. Relatively quiet compared to others. Can be portable unlike the S2 and allows for double pumping. Only negative is that pump itself is a little bulky, but makes up for this by the superior pumping. Lots of different settings ensures comfort.

Ally

AllyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent breast pump

Really happy with this purchase of this breast pump, I like the fact it is portable once charged without use of cords which is the reason why I purchased. Excellent suction and easy to use. The light on the machine comes in handy

Purchased in December 2019 at Spectra Baby.

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie

K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam

Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F

Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps