Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric (page 6 of 8)

Listing monitored by Spectra

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Sarah
SarahMelbourne

So glad I got this pump, it saved my nipples!!

I have very sore nipples due to my newborn's tongue tie and latching problem. My baby also constantly falling asleep when BF and not getting enough milk. I'm so glad I got this pump because it's very quiet and comes with portable battery so I can express anywhere and feed her without hurting my nipples. The massage mode works really well to get a letdown.
The bottles that comes with the pump are also much better than closer to nature bottle. My newborn seems to get less wind when she use spectra's bottle so I have ordered 2 additional one.
Excellent pump and definitely worth every penny!

Holy grail for mums

For a first time mum, I have been really pedantic on the products to use before bub arrived, asking my girlfriends which works, researching, and looking at reviews. This one had the best feedback by far. So after using a hospital grade breast pump from the hospital and renting one for a week, I bought a Spectra S1. Best decision ever! Hassle-free expressing even in the middle of the night. I dare to say, it surpasses my expectations, even better than the hospital units. Convenient, user friendly, quiet operation and even good looking. Worth every penny. Love it!

Best pump around!

The spectra s1 is the most comfortable pump I've used! Takes me anywhere from 10-20 mins to double pump :) so easy to maintain and clean. I definitely would recommend this pump to anyone looking for one! It's a very quiet pump. The let down mode is a awesome feature!

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Emily T
Emily TBrisbane

Great quality for fantastic value

I purchased my Spectra S1 in February after trying 3 other well known pumps and it is easily the best I've used. I get a letdown using the massage function within 30 seconds and can get anywhere from 150ml - 200ml from each side in a 10 minute sitting. It is comfortable, easy to use and the fact that it's a closed system means it's easy to clean also! The customer service has been fantastic - it arrived the morning after I ordered it. I would definitely purchase this product again!

jillyang
jillyangSydney

Really Good Pump

Spectra S1 is very comfortable to use, it even has massage function. I purchased it before I give birth, it was delivered to my home so quickly. I tried it and find it is quite easy to clean. Why I choose this product because I can use it after I go back to work. When I finish battery charging, I can use it for a whole week. It is really convenience for me. BTW, I really want to say is this pump is much stronger than other brand pump I tried. I will use this product again when I have my second baby and I will introduce to my friends as well.

Customer Service T.Spectra

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Mumbot2000
Mumbot2000Adelaide

Fantastic pump

I've borrowed this pump from my cousin and I must say I'm very impressed! With 2 children and a new born, time is a previous resource and the spectra S1 has helped me to establish my milk supply (something I struggled with). I found it very easy to use and love that you can adjust the vacuum strength. Although I haven't tried pumping both sides at once, the idea/option to be able to do this is awesome! The previous electric pump I used became less effective when milk somehow got into the tubes, however I like how this pump has a back flow protector that can be easily cleaned like the rest of the pumping equipment. The machine is reasonably quite too.
Overall, I highly recommend this pump to any expectant/nursing mum.

Tafly
Tafly

So glad i tried this brand

Carissa Bridge
Carissa BridgeAU

Great pump

After previously using a Medela swing, the spectra S1 has changed my world. I love how I can change the settings to suit me, the night light is great for late night expressing and the rechargeable battery means I can express anywhere. My once hour to an hour and a half of single pumping has now been cut to thirty minutes double pumping. It's easy to clean and maintain. Things I don't like is how the pump starts in pumping mode instead of let down mode. The unit is a bit chunky to be easily portable. The labelling on the storage bottles is of poor quality and washes off. The cup holder does not keep the bottles stable.

Aside from a few things that could be improved I am still very happy with this pump and would recommend it.

Better than we expected

Julia
JuliaAustralia

Excellent Breast pump

Very happy with my purchase of the Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric breast pump. I am feeding twins and it is easy to use with many great features like the portability, night light and timer. I found this pump much better than the pump the hospital supplied during my stay. I would definitely recommend this pump to any expected mum.

Vicky
VickyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great pump at an even better price

winno7South East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use and gets the main things right.

winno7

Six months on and our opinion hasn't changed. Used several times a day and hasn't skipped a beat .

K.C.
K.C.Western Australia

powerful double pump at fraction of the cost

Paige
PaigeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Simple!

Very easy to use. It has adjustable cycle and vacuum settings which makes it personalised just for you. The massage setting is great for the let down of milk.
The night light is very handy. This product is lightweight, made it easy to take to work and express. Much more affordable than hiring a pump through the hospital. Highly recommended.

Customer Service T.Spectra

We LOVE this Paige! Thanks so much for reviewing our pump and loving it so much :)

Liz.T
Liz.TAvoca

GREAT :)

Have been struggling with Avent manual pump, bought this and I've been able to express so much more pain free! So easy to use & pull apart + sterilize! Very happy and well worth the money. If you buy online they send you a discount code and deliver within two days.

Customer Service T.Spectra

What an awesome review!! Glad you're loving your pump :)

Electric Breast Pumps

Affordable hospital grade breast bump

Very pleased with my purchase! I used another brand which took me 40 mins each time to express at work. With all the positive reviews I purchased the S1 and I wish I could had it sooner! It is such a powerful yet quiet breast bump. I managed to get more milk in 20 mins. I like the let down mode as it imitates the way baby latches on. Overall I'm very happy with the S1 and I would recommend to any new mom who's returning to work. The only cons is that my nipples can be easily pulled into the neck of the flanges, maybe I could choose a wider flange.

Jon Pratt

Love this pump!

Beth
BethBrisbane

Cannot fault it

I did so much research in which breast pump to get and with all the excellent reviews of the Spectra it was a no brainer.

I was originally going to purchase the s2 but wanted to take it anywhere without needing a power outlet... so this one was the winner for me and have not looked back!

Spare parts are affordable and easy to order too. It also fits the AVENT bottles perfectly.

Customer Service T.Spectra

What an awesome review, thanks so much Beth! We love that in your mind Spectra was the only option ;)

Claire
Spectra Team

I am an exclusive pumper at present and I could not live without this pump.

You need this pump!

jessgaunt
jessgaunt

Simply the best! Better than all the rest.

C.McC
C.McC

Brilliant!

Worth every cent!

Such a fantastic pump that is quick and easy to use. It can be used as a single or double pump. It is so quiet that I can even use it whilst on the phone! Whenever I have had a question the service team is great and responding very promptly. Would definitely recommend it to anyone needing to buy a pump.

Customer Service T.Spectra

Anna we LOVE to hear when customers have amazing experiences with our awesome customer service team, so thanks so much!!
Claire

K.lummie
K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam
Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)

Jenn F
Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps