Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric (page 3 of 9)

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Bon

BonIllawarra, NSW

Best breast pump.

Super effective breast pump. Recieved the day after I ordered it which was amazing. Good battery life, love that it is light and portable enough to take with me on the rare occasions I'm not at home to pump. The night light and timer are great features. I did need to go down a shield size, but that was easy enough.

Irene

IreneMelbourne

my bub's sustenance

This GREATLY helped me and my bub for 8 months!!! No dramas, worked well all the way. Battery was very good, lasts me more than I expected. The night light is a plus, not too bright when pumping in the dark room with bub. The sound is a bit loud but it is like white noise kind of sound, so it doesn't really wake my little one and husband up.
And I got it for 15% discount as well, just watch out for those promos if you are not in a hurry to get one.
Now I have let 2 of my friends use it.
The only downside I feel of it is just that everything is online for it, so you have to wait 2-3 days for your product to arrive, so plan early.

Coco83

Coco83Melbourne

Don’t bother with any other pump this it worth it’s weight in gold

After baby no.1 and using another brand with only one attachment baby no.2 came along and I wasn’t going to mess around it was so easy to set up and pull apart to clean. I could express both sides within 15 mins instead of an hour like my previous pump. I got the rechargeable/battery one so I could use a pump bra and pump hands free whilst making my toddler breakfast. But if cost is a problem I’d got the model down that need to be attached to a power source.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Kettlebelly

KettlebellySydney

Absolute lifesaver for feeding bub

Samantha T

Samantha T

Love it!

I love the Spectra S1 double pump. Its easy to use and easy to clean. The built in battery makes it easy to use when your out and about, the best feature by fare!
It is comfortable to use with lots of speed settings. Would highly recommended purchasing the spectra pump!

marinakrsAU

This saved me

marinakrs

No problem, thanks for providing me such a great experience!

C.Online

C.OnlineLaunceston, TAS

Excellent item for any breastfeeding Mum!

I decided to buy an electric pump to replace my manual hand pump and it was the best decision I made post pregnancy. The pump itself is rechargeable which was one of the biggest reasons I bought it, for portability when I returned to work. You can double pump, change the speed and suction settings and it even had a light for night time pumping. There’s even a deep spot to sit your bottle in once you’ve finished. No issues with this product at all but just make sure you have the tube fully connected with no air intake otherwise it won’t suction properly.

Bundah Girl

Bundah GirlCanberra

The best

So much more comfortable than the hospital grade one they loan out from the hospital. Much more affordable than anything else. I had significant issues with supply due to bub's tongue tie, and this machine was the turning point for me. They're customer service is also excellent. Don't even bother with that competitor whose name starts with a 'M'.

Rachel

RachelPicton

Quick and easy!

I was a bit skeptical spending more than I wanted to on a breast pump but I'm so glad I did!
I almost bought the s2 because I thought the built in battery in the s1 wouldn't be necessary but I am so relieved that I went with the s1, the built in battery is a life saver! I love that I can go anywhere and pump without having to cart around messy, tangling cords.
All of the parts are quick and easy to clean and it pumps a lot quicker than other brands

Emily

Emily

Best pump on the market!

Hannah

Hannah

Amazing pump

This pump is amazing. I can not fault it at all. It's easy to use, easy to clean, gentle and comfortable. The let down mode is fantastic and if I ever needed a pump again (I won't I am done with babies haha) I would definitely buy another spectra S2/1

Does what it says, well

It's different from the hosiptal meleda bump, but after getting uesed to it, it's a really good one. with different strenth level, and night light. It's timer saver and when it was used when there were issues with nipples and it can be taken to work as well. I would recommend this product.

jasmine25

jasmine25BRISBANE

Life-saver!!!

I had so many troubles with breastfeeding, before I got this machine. I was using a different pump, which we will not mention - but it's the most popular one on the market. I would barely get 60ml in 90 minutes. When I got my S1, I was getting 100ml in just 10 minutes! this pump saved my breast feeding journey! At the end of the day, I pump my breasts empty and avoid getting blocked ducts, which I was getting a lot of. And this is fed to baby for his last feed of the day. Any left over is frozen, for emergencies. I used to be excited to have 100ml for emergencies - now I have about 4 litres!! love my spectra, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Clare L

Clare LAU

Works really well. Not painful

I have used this for three weeks and it's relatively quiet and not painful. I've only used the hospital medela and I think this is quite comparable and much cheaper. The customer service on Facebook is also very responsive. Parts are easy to clean. Recommend to all mums to be!

Felicity

FelicityBallarat

A life saver

My baby refused to latch on in the early days but ideas determined to breastfeed, so I began exclusively pumping. This pump is great. It is so quiet compared to others. It is easy to use and the Spectra customer service is amazing. Be sure that you measure and get the correct size breast shield as this will impact on your output. The only negative is the size of the pump compared to others on the market. But would still have this over any other.

Julia L

Julia LSydney

Saved me from giving up breastfeeding

Excellent product! Extremely quiet and effective. Long battery life. Easy to take parts apart for sterilization. Helped so much while nipples were healing in the beginning. Stylish, great quality. Will not disappoint. Looking back, this saved me from giving up breast feeding. Must have item for every mum! Thank you.

Bagelmama

BagelmamaPerth, WA

Fantastic

This is so so so much better than the market “leader”. Customer service was also very prompt and I couldn’t recommend this enough to others. My supply was steady and in fat, increased with use of this. I only regret not using it on the onset and waiting so long to switch. The nightlight function was useful but the glow was just a little strange for me. This version is more expensive cos of portability but I can imagine not needing to use it on the go and therefore using the other version.

Shelley

ShelleyMelbourne

I was looking for a pump that was efficient, gentle, affordable and mobile. Though it is slightly bulkier than ones like the madela swing... it works SO WELL and it still easy to cart around. Once charged, you can put it anywhere and not have to be plugged into the wall. Love the massage setting. And the night light. Oh and SO EASY TO KEEP CLEAN! no milk passes through the machine so hygiene is guaranteed. Id rate it a 10 if it went that high.

shirley_mum17

shirley_mum17Carnegie

Mothers life saver

I love this product. Double pump breastpump. Chargeable too! It has a soothing warm lighting while pumping in the night. Strong suction although I usually use it on massage mode. Comes with two bottle of 150ml each. Easy to clean easy to use good customer service. The downside of this product is it has only one bottle holder.

Abie

AbiePlumpton

Perfect!

I used so many kinds of breastpumps and none really worked for me until i tried spectra! It really is a life saver, the suction is really good, it really encouraged me to continue with my breastfeeding for months. It is easy to clean and i really liked its performance. I strongly recommend this breastpump. It is quite expensive but it is so worth it.

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie

K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam

Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F

Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps