Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric (page 5 of 9)

Pros

• Excellent suction

• Can help boost milk supply

• Comfortable breast shields

Cons

• Device is rather bulky

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Nikki

NikkiPerth

Much better than Medela

I have both Medela electric double pump and the Medela manual pump, because many people use that brand, but after I using this spectra, I feel Medela total waste my money, I like spectra, more efficient, more comfortable, design looks nice. .It is very quiet when its pumping, easy to operate and clean , also has a wide range of vacuum settings to suit so that your nipples don't get sore. The product also has an effective massage setting which is extremely comfortable. Highly recommended.

Julie

JulieCorrimal

Love this pump!

I previously had a cheaper pump and would never extract enough milk. It also really hurt my nipples and made a horrendous loud noise. The spectra is so much quieter, I've been able to use it while my baby is sleeping at night and there's been no disruptions. I now produce more milk too! If you're deciding over the pink or blue spectra I definitely recommend spending the bit extra to get the blue. Being able to charge it and use it without cords tangled anyway is more handy than you would think. Battery life of them is fantastic too!

J-Bird

J-BirdAU

Industrial strength!

Seriously great product. The suction is awesome and I can easily double the volume pumped compared to my other pump. Parts are plastic but well made. The rest horn is a little hard but accessories and spare parts can be purchased separately and at relatively cheap prices. Well worth the investment. I wish I hadn't wasted my money on other brands of pump. This trumps them all.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Ahuf

AhufCanberra

Excellent Value

Purchased from Spectra during one of their 20% of Sales. Extremely happy with the pump - have used for many hours and its not showing any signs of wearing out.
Night light is very handy and so is the built in battery.

Big thanks to Spectra AU for understanding their clientele and shipping out the pump via the quickest method possible.
Happy to recommend to anyone - for what you get, its extremely good value compared to Medela.

helen

helenAustralia

Excellent pump and customer service.

Easy to use and clean. Excellent battery life.
Good suction even when double pumping. I find it fast and efficient.
Excellent customer service from spectra baby australia.
I did need to buy different size flanges, but that was easy to arrange.
The bottles that come with the pump are too small so I bought Avent classic ones instead.

babe

babeSydney, NSW

Cordless is the must!

Love this reliable pump never let me down. I chose this over the S2 model because it has the rechargeable battery and it lasts long time! You only need to charge it once a week? I like moving it around the house so I can do things like watching tv, playing with my baby at the same time. I have been using this for nearly a year. It's quiet to use. Got a led light which is handy to use at night time when baby is sleeping. I only use it as a single pump so I can free one hand to do other stuff when expressing. Spectra customer service staffs are very helpful too!

TigehSydney

Perfect alternative to the Medela hospital-hire pumps and far less expensive

The nightlight feature is awesome, the bottle holder behind the handle is useful, the display clear if not as good at night as tech fans would like and the settings options are everything my wife needed. She found it more comfortable to start let down than the Medela ones and got a higher flow with less hind milk left. Discount codes brought the price down a bit too - better to buy than the S2 as the built in battery does work even if you're just on the wrong side of the bedroom or want to pump in the bath, but we know mums who express in the car on the way to work with this on the passenger seat.

Rawanda P

Best pump on the market

Kevin H

Kevin HVIC, 3148

Excellent machine

I bought online from the Spectra website and delivery was very fast.
My wife loves this machine as it is comfortable, powerful and easy to clean.
It has reduced pumping time to a minimum and the portability is also very handy around the house.
Would recommend this to any new mum

Samantha

SamanthaMelbourne

Fantastic breast pump with single and double pump options

I purchased this breast pump when I was going back to work and needed to express for my then 9 month old. It has a range of settings to pump milk including a let down function (that works!) and strength of pumping from low to high. For a hospital grade pump it is really well priced. Their customer service is great too. Highly recommended.

Carollyn

CarollynMelbourne

Great pump and great price!

Coming from a medela swing, having a double pump was extremely convenient.
With its rechargeable battery, it is easy for me to take this pump to work and express.
When I first started pumping, I was able to express 100-200ml per side, which was an increase from what I used to be able to do in about 10-15 minutes.
Parts are easy to pull apart and wash.

Instructions that came with it weren't the greatest.
Also, I wish there was an option to pick which size flange came with the purchase, as you end up having to pay a decent amount more for a new set and delivery.

Lovansa

LovansaSydney

Great Pump for a twin mum!

I was given this pump as a baby shower gift. I love the way it's durable and have different settings for massage and lactation with different speed. It isn't noisy and has the light that has 2 level of brightness which works wonder at night, so it doesn't disturb my babies and I don't have to get out of the room to pump. Even better that this product comes with double pump which fits most of the major brand wide neck bottles. This pump saves my time so that I have more time to rest.

mika4795Sydney, Australia

Wow! Expressing breast milk cnt get any easy!!

This product is a wonder! Wont brag much about it all i can say is take it from someone who has used tommy tippee, avent, and ameda!!
Must have for all mums!
High give spectra s1 team!
The only suggestions is bottle improvement

Happy customer
thanks

Well done spectra team!

Thanks Alli

Tijana

TijanaNewcastle

Great pump and great value for money

Annie

AnnieVictoria

I really love to use it

My sister in law suggest this Spectra S1 to me and i purchased it. I love to use it, its rechageable battery which is very good for me, i can use it everywhere. And there is a light for night time and also not too noisy sound. There is a massage mode to stimulate ur breast and its double pumping. This is a good stuff for me to buy

Customer Service T.Spectra

The one thing I could not have lived without!!!

Rich

Rich

Very solid performance

My partner has used this product after the birth of our second child. The performance exceeds the use of a Medela product she previously used. It normally takes around 20 minutes or so for a full express on high settings generally getting 160ml. Would recommend to anyone looking to express feed.

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Rich, congrats on your 2nd buba! Really glad to hear the S1 is working out well for your family, its a great pump. Any questions, feel c free to let us know.

Kind Regards,
Spectra Team

Mel

MelMaitland, NSW

Foolproof for newbies (like me!)

I was totally new to the breastfeeding/breastpump world so I was totally nervous about figuring it all out but when my pump arrived I was so relieved at how user-friendly it was! Minimal buttons to avoid confusion and never had a single issue with the pump. Used it everyday for 12 months straight. I just found myself constantly lurking the spectra fb page for tips/help haha! Would recommend again.

Customer Service T.Spectra

Could not live without it!

I absolutely loved the Spectra S1 pump! My first baby was difficult to nurse and being able to easily pump and give him a bottle was a big relief. I found the pump super easy to use and because it pumps so effectively it was incredibly helpful to increase my lack of supply. I will definitely be using this pump next time around - couldn't live without it!!

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric reviews

K.lummie

K.lummieasked

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam

Samasked

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Hi Sam, oh no!

Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-)
Spectra Team

Jenn F

Jenn Fasked

Hi it’s my first time to charge my spectra s1 and it takes forever to charge. It’s been drained and currenty charging 1-2 bats for 24 hours! please help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Jen, oh no! It sounds like your adaptor is not assembled together correctly! :(

This is an easy for for you, but if you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will help you with this. :)

The Spectra team

See all Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps