Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric Questions & Answers (page 2 of 7)

MPN: SPS200
Listing monitored by Spectra

134 questions from our users

Chrissy
Chrissyasked

Does anyone know if this can pump into tommee tippee bottles that are shaped like a breast or does it need to be a spectra bottle? What about pumping directly into pouches/bags? Do they also need to be spectra brand? Or can you use any brand bags such as tommee tippe, medela, advent etc

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Chrissy, thanks for your question. :)

The Tommee Tippee bottles will not fit with your Spectra shields I am afraid, but if you get the Express and Go system, you will be able to pump directly into bags compatible with that system, using the adaptor provided.

If you have further questions, feel free to message us at support@spectra-baby.com.au

Evelyn E
Evelyn Easked

Hello, the light on my pump has went out. Not sure why. Is there any way to fix?

emmmlj
emmmlj

I'm not sure sorry but if you comtact Spectra by email or on Facebook they are very quick to respond.

Hi Evelyn, on no!

Sounds like we need to have our technician look at it.

If you shoot us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au we will get this resolved for you right away. :)

Lizzie Y
Lizzie Yasked

Hello,
My Spectra has been randomly shutting off during my pumping sessions. The timing is sporadic each occurrence. I've chacked the plug from the pump to the charger, and the charger to the outlet and even tried different outlets and it still happens. Please advise, thanks!

Hi Lizzie - I am sorry to hear you are having some trouble with your pump. :(

The most common problem we have found when pumps are doing as yours is, is that the Australian adapter isn't fully pushed into the charger. It does need a little bit of elbow grease, but you will hear a loud click when it has been pushed down all the way. Can you please take your adaptor apart, and assemble it again, till you hear that loud click?

If that does not help, can you shoot us through a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can explore this further?

Fingers crossed it resolves the issue for you though.

Preeti S
Preeti Sasked

My spectra s2 is getting on when I press the power button but immediately it's gets off.I have bought it just
3 months back. Any ideas?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Preeti, oh no! I am sorry to learn of that.

You can try taking the adaptor apart and reassembling it, making sure you hear a loud click to know it is assembled correctly.

If that does not help, please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au and we will look at what the next steps might be. :)

Luke K
Luke K

I'm having the exact same problem. It looks like it keeps shorting out.

Stacey P
Stacey Pasked

Hello! Ive had to go up a size In my breast shields, but I feel like the pumping isnt as effective. Help

Hey Stacey :-)

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems pumping :-( If you PM us on Facebook Messenger we can check the shield fit for you in case that new size isn't fitting too well and help you with the fit and positioning :-)

Anjuli

Lauren
Laurenasked

Hi, the last couple of days my pump will randomly shut off in a pumping session. Sometimes it’s a minute in, others it’s 10 or more. Any idea why? I’ve only been using it at night for four months. Thanks!

Hi Lauren, thanks for your message. I am sorry to hear about your pump. :(

Your adaptor may not be assembled correctly, which could be causing this. Can you take your adaptor apart and assemble it again till you hear a loud click?

If this doesn't help, shoot us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au and we will look at this further with you. :)

Beth S
Beth Sasked

I am relatively new to using a hospital-grade breast pump I was wondering how often do I need to replace my backflow protectors and tubing I use my pump every two to three hours every day as my daughter cannot latch on so I pump all of her feedings. Any ideas?

T_Rose
T_Rose

Here's a link you might find helpful:

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Beth, thanks for checking in about this. :)

The main parts on your pump that need to be replaced regularly are the valves and the backflow protectors. This will help you maintain suction and pump efficiently.

The Spectra duck valves usually need replacing every 4 weeks, and even sooner if you're sterilising.

Your backflow protectors should be changed every 6 to 8 weeks and again, sooner if sterilising.

There are a few ways that you can prolong the life of your parts. You can sterilise your Spectra breast pump components before using them for the first time, but then after that, washing them in hot soapy water and letting them air dry completely before next use is recommended, and is consistent with current breastmilk guidelines. ;) This will save time and preserve your parts much better.

You can also put your shields into a ziplock bag or a lidded container in the fridge during the day, (do not rinse prior to refrigerating) and wash once per day after your last pump. If your baby was pre-term or has any health concerns, please follow the advice of your care provider.

Please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au if we can help with anything else. :)

Happy pumping!

Ishita
Ishitaasked

Is there anyway to turn off the sound on Spectra 2?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Ishita, thanks for your question. :)

The pump will make sound unfortunately when you are using it. It has an air motor, so they do make sound.

It is the most quiet hospital grade pump on the market, but sadly, it is not silent. :(

You can help absorb sound by placing the pump on a softer surface to absorb vibration. If your room is silent too, of course it sounds louder. :)

If you have any other questions for us, feel free to shoot us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au. :)

Danielle P
Danielle Pasked

My spectra s2 seems to be doing exactly what the last girl who posted is doing. Like at random times it shuts off and will turn back on but it did it just now twice in a 15 minute pump session and once the session before that before the auto shut off. Any help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Danielle, I am sorry you are having difficulty with your pump.

Could you catch it on video and shoot us a message with the video to support@spectra-baby.com.au and we will look at some troubleshooting for you?

KatAei10
KatAei10asked

I have a new Spectra S2 and it has been working great for the last couple of weeks until this morning it started randomly turning off mid session. It always turns right back on when I press the power button but I have no idea why it’s shutting off on its own, sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes after only a few. Thanks!

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about your pump.

There could be a few things going on that could be a simple fix. If you could shoot us a message and video that captures what you describe to our Customer Service team at support@spectra-baby.com.au we will see how to best help you. :)

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

Nareefa Trigg
Nareefa Triggasked

Just started using my spectra 2 pump and I’ve noticed every time I express, it shuts off at 30mins.. why is that happening?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Nareefa, thanks for checking about this.

The pump is designed to do that as a safety measure. :) So sounds like your pump is doing exactly what it should be doing. :)

Let us know if we can help with anything else. Have a great weekend.

Leah
Leah

I think it is to ensure they aren't left on. They all do this.

Brie
Brieasked

Hi the light on my spectra seems to have burnt out. Any ideas how I can replace this?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Brie, thanks so much for your question!

Sorry to hear about your light.

Is your pump still under warranty? If you shoot us an email to support@specta-baby.com.au we will look at the options to have that repaired for you.

I will keep an eye out for your message so we can help you.

Haylee H
Haylee Hasked

My back flow protector is barely moving. I troubleshot everything more than twice and still can’t figure out why. Can someone tell me why it’s doing this?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Haylee, thanks for your question :-)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your backflow protector, that doesn't sound good, hopefully it is an easy fix! Our Customer Service Team would be more than happy to help you, you can contact them via email at support@spectra-baby.com.au or Facebook Messenger with a video of what's happening and we can take a look for you. If you could let us know the answers to the following questions too that will also help us troubleshoot for you:

- How old are your backflow protectors and valves?
- How do you clean and sterilise those parts?
- How often do you use your pump?

Anjuli
Spectra Baby Australia

Tricia
Triciaasked

I am an IBCLC and recommend your product to my clients. Could you please send me some brochures as I do not have any left?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Tricia, thanks for your question.

We don't have brochures I am afraid. :(

You are welcome to use anything off our website which you could print out and share, or you can simply refer mums to us, as we are great at helping them figure out which is the best choice for them, quickly. :)

If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au

Have a good weekend.

Linda
Lindaasked

The machine is not sucking in the white is moving in the wrong direction. Any ideas?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Linda, thanks for your question, and I am sorry you are having difficulty with your pump. :(

It sounds like you are talking about the backflow protector moving in the wrong direction? It may mean you have it assembled incorrectly.

If you shoot us through a video at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can have a look at it for you and guide you with what might be happening.

I will keep and eye out for your message to us and we will go from there.

staceylea247
staceylea247asked

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumour that spectra will be having a sale in June/ July. Does anyone know a more precise date if so?

TIA

Tasneem M
Tasneem M

Sorry Stacey ....I'm really unsure and havent heard anything about the sale....I will keep u posted if I hear something soon:)

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Stacey, thanks for asking this!

Spectra has a birthday sale every June/July, so that is true.

You can follow our Facebook Page where we share all updates and news, and we will announce when the sale dates are as the sale gets closer. :)

Feel free to email us at support@spectra-baby.com.au if you have further questions. We are always happy to help. :)

Have a great day.

Robert
Robertasked

I have a Spectra 2 pump and the milk keeps backing up what should I do

Srilekha P
Srilekha Pasked

How many hrs of charging needed to start the machine?

Sophie M
Sophie Masked

What is the frequency of the model sold in Korea? Is it INPUT: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz? I have a friend with the Korean model and want to make sure she can use it in Australia without any problems.

La Neesha Sweetie
La Neesha Sweetieasked

My ac adapter is making a noise when plugged in and my pump won’t turn on. I have the s2. Any ideas?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi La - thanks for messaging and asking about this!

It sounds like there is a problem with your adaptor if you are hearing a noise and its not allowing the pump to turn on. One thing to check is if its connected correctly. We have a video that shows how here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR_imkM5Dko

If you are still having trouble after checking that, you could see if you have another 12v 2amp charger around that fits your pump. If that were to work then you'd know it was the charger itself.

Please feel free to get in touch with our customer support team for more troubleshooting if neither of those options help. Our email is support@spectra-baby.com.au

Best,
Alli
Spectra team

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Other Electric Breast Pumps