Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

MPN: SPS200
See the Best Electric Breast Pumps in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spectra

Pros

• Efficient at expressing milk

• Makes minimal noise

• Has a night light

Cons

• Not very portable

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
Dont kid yourself
Dont kid yourselfAdelaide

Good luck if you have trouble. No warranty within warranty period.

Purchased in January 2020 at Spectra Baby for $399.00.

Akshay D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Worst Customer Service….

Got s2 pump delivered 2 days ago and the same day contacted customer service for the return address . Mind you it’s not open at all even the postage package is still intact . No phone , no emails returned no face book messages return . What do I make of this . We are all very busy in this world but customer service is a very important part of a business . Let’s see if someone contacts me from customer service after my last resort of writing a review. Please be aware . Do your research and choose wisely .

Purchased in July 2021 at Spectra Baby for $300.00.

STILL NO CONTACT.

Akshay D.

Blocked me and no contact. I give up . Please learn from my experiences.

NLC
NLC

Pump works well but very expensive to replace parts frequently

Pump is effective, however it isn’t clearly stated on the website when you purchase that if you pump a couple of times a day you should expect to replace the parts every couple of weeks. This knowledge was only shared once I emailed spectra after the new parts I spent $67 on stopped working after just one week. I was advised to expect to be spending this every couple of weeks, which means the $299 pump is in fact $299 + $67 each 10 days of use (a couple of times a day). Buyer beware of this ongoing cost before purchasing.

Purchased in April 2021.

martina
martinaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Customer Service

Purchased in April 2020 for $299.00.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Steven K.
Steven K.Sydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

Terrible company: avoid this company at all costs. pump became very weak and The battery life decreased under the guaranteed battery life. We were well within our consumer rights to get a warranty claim however this company ignored my messages and then blocked me. I have never dealt with a company like this my entire life. How desperate can they be for money. I will be taking my claim to NCAT. Disgusting people and I will be ensuring the word spreads. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

MummaL
MummaLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Parts discoloured and needed replacement after only 3-4months use. Not worth the price. Contacted Spectra and they did not agree to replace any parts or even offer a discount given that the parts deteriorated so quickly after so few uses. Overall an average product that's overpriced and underwhelming customer service.

Purchased at Spectra Baby for $450.00.

AlisonSydney, NSW

Extremely poor customer service

I purchased the wrong type of pump, it has not been opened and I have the receipt. I did contact spectra asking to return and exchange for the correct pump however they would not accept as it was over 31 days. I haven't even opened the box and have been preparing for our newborn baby only to realise I didn't purchase the battery operated pump, as my friend notified me. I am reluctant to purchase from them again as most other pumps unused can be returned after 31 days.

All I wanted was an exchange and they closed the case saying it wasn't within the 31 days there was no attempt to even provide good customer service.

Purchased in May 2019 at Spectra Baby for $230.00.

Portability
Alison

Won't be recommending anyone purchase from you again, everyone is shocked considering all I wanted to do is exchange an unopened, unused item.

If your considering buying a breast pump buy from a company that has better policies and good will.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Amy
AmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One size does not fit all

I was sent to a different company and had to pay $80 AUD for small shields. No option to for different size shields. All women don’t have the same size!

Purchased in May 2019 for $400.00.

Andyis
Andyis

Beware of size before buying

The main issue with this breast pump is the flange is way too big for me, and as a result, it doesn't sit comfortably or draw out much milk. I have to press the flanges firmly against my breasts to get any milk out. I feel this should be highlighted when purchasing the pump on the spectra website. You should be able to measure your breasts beforehand and customise your order to choose the right size flange for your breasts, otherwise it's just a waste of money. As it turns out, spectra don't have the right size for my breasts and I have to order an appropriate flange from a different company in order to use this pump.

Purchased in December 2018 at Spectra Baby for $240.00.

Fiona
Fiona

Device broken in 2 days

I have received the S2 on Monday 11.02.19, and on Wednesday 13.02.19 the device stop working.

I contacted costumer service which is the number on your website (07) 3053 8669 However, it goes into a pre-record message which tells me that "It can be tricky getting us on the phone, please send us an email".

It is so annoy that the device broken in 2 days with normal usage. And the costumer service is not reachable.

I have to express my breast milk every 3 hours for a premature baby, so now I have to get another device.

I am not happy with your device neither your customer service.

Purchased in February 2019 for $299.00.

DLO
DLO

Beware foreign transaction fees and wide nipple shields

Charged a foreign transaction fee despite being charged in AUD on .au website and listed as Australian distributor. No response to email regarding this. Nipple shields are extremely wide and they do not offer any alternative sizes. Apart from this the machine is quiet for a pump and was good value with discount.

Shutoff!

Been using the pump for almost 2 months and it keep shutting off after a few minutes...It was working fine at first but now for the past week it keeps shutting off and sometimes when it shutoff it come back on by itself then power back off again I used to love the pump but now i dont.

Greta
GretaMelbourne

Not all it’s cranked up to be.

Ashleigh
AshleighGold Coast

A pain in the backside

I purchased the spectra s2 and received it the next day which was fantastic but unfortunately the pump wasn't draining my breasts enough no matter how long I was on the pump for. It's bulkier then what I now have (medela freestyle) and its also not as easy to get extra parts as no where stocks spectra.

Carly
CarlyCairns

Parts expensive to replace every 3 weeks

I bought this machine for my daughter knowing she needed a good quality pump to exclusively express for her bub. She let me know yesterday that is is up for $60 for 2 breast shield sets ($29.95 each) after only 3 weeks of use!

Lucky [name removed] (Spectra’s Customer service representative) works for Spectra, as she states she exclusively expressed for 2 year (see Spectra’s about us page) this would cost her $2080 to replace parts every 3 weeks for the 2 years. Lucky she works for Spectra and must get parts for free. Us others can’t afford that extra cost.

I understand that thing need replacing but every 3 weeks is a joke.

If you need to exclusively express this is not a very good pump as it is too expensive!

Venessa M.
Venessa M.asked

Dear spectra. I have a spectra- with blue colour and have noticed it is becoming increasingly loud when I pump, compared to when I first started. Is there something i need to do to quiet the pumping process. It is especially loud during the mimicking of suckling.

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Venessa, pump sound alone is not an indicator of fault, but there are things that can influence this for sure. :)

If the pump has been knocked or dropped at all, that will influence it. It is also important to change the shield kit parts regularly as recommended, as this will affect sound too.

Ensure your shield kit is set up properly, and using a softer surface to set the pump on will also help. :)

Hope that helps. :)

Spectra team

Ellie M.
Ellie M.asked

Best for 200$ or less

Nad R.
Nad R.asked

My pump powers on and immediately powers off, any ideas?

See all Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has 320mmHg of suction, as well as the ability to adjust this suction strength so you can choose what’s most comfortable for you.
  • Double pumping lets you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously - making it great for time-poor mothers (which is, let's face it, most mothers).
  • It also has a massage mode to promote quick letdown.
  • Spectra advertises this breast pump as being “super quiet”, meaning it could be a good option for those after discreet pumping.
  • The breast pump has an adjustable cycle speed, letting you choose between 5 speed settings between 38 and 54 rpm.
  • It’s a closed system, meaning no milk will leak outside the pump, and nothing will get in the pump, making it more hygienic for both mum and bub.
  • For those who find themselves up at all hours needing to express, this breast pump has a night light and timer to make those sleepy express sessions slightly easier.
  • It’s mains-powered, so it must be plugged into a power outlet in order to operate.
  • The whole device weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that this breast pump was efficient at expressing milk and effectively mimicked a baby’s natural stimulation. It also didn’t lose suction.
  • The night light was appreciated by a lot of reviewers, who said that it provided enough light to see what they were doing during night express sessions but was dim enough to not disturb anyone else.
  • Reviewers said that the device made minimal noise.

Pain point:

• The main pain point of this breast pump is that it isn’t very portable, as it’s bulkier than most other breast pumps and is mains-powered. Spectra however doesn’t advertise it as being portable, and portability may not be a pain point for women who don’t require a pump they can easily take on the go.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps