Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

MPN: SPS200
See the Best Electric Breast Pumps in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spectra

Pros

• Efficient at expressing milk

• Makes minimal noise

• Has a night light

Cons

• Not very portable

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
NLC
NLC

Pump works well but very expensive to replace parts frequently

Pump is effective, however it isn’t clearly stated on the website when you purchase that if you pump a couple of times a day you should expect to replace the parts every couple of weeks. This knowledge was only shared once I emailed spectra after the new parts I spent $67 on stopped working after just one week. I was advised to expect to be spending this every couple of weeks, which means the $299 pump is in fact $299 + $67 each 10 days of use (a couple of times a day). Buyer beware of this ongoing cost before purchasing.

Purchased in April 2021.

W.Nguyen
W.NguyenSydney, NSW

loving it but....

This is my first breast pump and its currently working really well for me as my nipples have been damaged from my baby not being able to latch properly. It's really easy to assemble and to use. I'm pumping literally 8 times a day. I'm getting at least 100mL each time with both breasts. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that I got charged $7.18 from my bank as they charged me from " Spectra Baby Australia Singapore" which is a Singapore merchant. I would have used my international credit card if they had informed me.

Purchased in December 2019 for $299.00.

Kristina M.
Kristina M.Sydney, NSW

Awesome product Shame about availability

Purchased in July 2019 at Spectra Baby for $399.00.

Amy
AmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One size does not fit all

I was sent to a different company and had to pay $80 AUD for small shields. No option to for different size shields. All women don’t have the same size!

Purchased in May 2019 for $400.00.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Andyis
Andyis

Beware of size before buying

The main issue with this breast pump is the flange is way too big for me, and as a result, it doesn't sit comfortably or draw out much milk. I have to press the flanges firmly against my breasts to get any milk out. I feel this should be highlighted when purchasing the pump on the spectra website. You should be able to measure your breasts beforehand and customise your order to choose the right size flange for your breasts, otherwise it's just a waste of money. As it turns out, spectra don't have the right size for my breasts and I have to order an appropriate flange from a different company in order to use this pump.

Purchased in December 2018 at Spectra Baby for $240.00.

mummaof2
mummaof2Brisbane

Its not love

Ashleigh
AshleighGold Coast

A pain in the backside

I purchased the spectra s2 and received it the next day which was fantastic but unfortunately the pump wasn't draining my breasts enough no matter how long I was on the pump for. It's bulkier then what I now have (medela freestyle) and its also not as easy to get extra parts as no where stocks spectra.

Customer Service T.Spectra

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
anne4141PERTH

VERY strong pump

anne4141

Thanks so much, I will email you :)

Joe
JoeHobart

Not sure if I will buy this product again

Sarah
SarahPerth

Pump is good but bottles are terrible

The pump is easy to use and is confortable to hold however the bottled are very annoying. Its very difficult to close the lids properly. On many occasions i have closed the bottle and gotten ready to feed baby however it has spilt milk all over him and ive lost my valuable milk!

Shooe
ShooeSydney

Excellent customer service the pump just didn’t suit me

Eve
EveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sufficient for what we need

I bought this as soon as I left the hospital.
In the hospital I was given the Madela to use. It was great. But due to recommendations I bought this instead. It's suction are not as strong as I expected. It's louder than the one in the hospital. I prefer the Madela ones in the hospital.

NU16
NU16Western Australia

Was a bit disappointed

Good for single use

I really like my specta and haven't had too many issues other then the suction strength when double pumping. Seems like when I use it as a single I get way more, which makes things hard when I am at work. I don't have the time to only use it as a single so I do double and just get less, which is frustrating.

Kinda disappointed

Cope
Cope

Venessa M.
Venessa M.asked

Dear spectra. I have a spectra- with blue colour and have noticed it is becoming increasingly loud when I pump, compared to when I first started. Is there something i need to do to quiet the pumping process. It is especially loud during the mimicking of suckling.

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Venessa, pump sound alone is not an indicator of fault, but there are things that can influence this for sure. :)

If the pump has been knocked or dropped at all, that will influence it. It is also important to change the shield kit parts regularly as recommended, as this will affect sound too.

Ensure your shield kit is set up properly, and using a softer surface to set the pump on will also help. :)

Hope that helps. :)

Spectra team

Ellie M.
Ellie M.asked

Best for 200$ or less

Nad R.
Nad R.asked

My pump powers on and immediately powers off, any ideas?

See all Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has 320mmHg of suction, as well as the ability to adjust this suction strength so you can choose what’s most comfortable for you.
  • Double pumping lets you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously - making it great for time-poor mothers (which is, let's face it, most mothers).
  • It also has a massage mode to promote quick letdown.
  • Spectra advertises this breast pump as being “super quiet”, meaning it could be a good option for those after discreet pumping.
  • The breast pump has an adjustable cycle speed, letting you choose between 5 speed settings between 38 and 54 rpm.
  • It’s a closed system, meaning no milk will leak outside the pump, and nothing will get in the pump, making it more hygienic for both mum and bub.
  • For those who find themselves up at all hours needing to express, this breast pump has a night light and timer to make those sleepy express sessions slightly easier.
  • It’s mains-powered, so it must be plugged into a power outlet in order to operate.
  • The whole device weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that this breast pump was efficient at expressing milk and effectively mimicked a baby’s natural stimulation. It also didn’t lose suction.
  • The night light was appreciated by a lot of reviewers, who said that it provided enough light to see what they were doing during night express sessions but was dim enough to not disturb anyone else.
  • Reviewers said that the device made minimal noise.

Pain point:

• The main pain point of this breast pump is that it isn’t very portable, as it’s bulkier than most other breast pumps and is mains-powered. Spectra however doesn’t advertise it as being portable, and portability may not be a pain point for women who don’t require a pump they can easily take on the go.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps