Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

MPN: SPS200
See the Best Electric Breast Pumps in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spectra

Pros

• Efficient at expressing milk

• Makes minimal noise

• Has a night light

Cons

• Not very portable

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
NLC
NLC

Pump works well but very expensive to replace parts frequently

Pump is effective, however it isn’t clearly stated on the website when you purchase that if you pump a couple of times a day you should expect to replace the parts every couple of weeks. This knowledge was only shared once I emailed spectra after the new parts I spent $67 on stopped working after just one week. I was advised to expect to be spending this every couple of weeks, which means the $299 pump is in fact $299 + $67 each 10 days of use (a couple of times a day). Buyer beware of this ongoing cost before purchasing.

Purchased in April 2021.

Missy
MissyVictoria

Great machine but....

The pump is very comfortable and easy to use. I used to pump about 2x a day. The amount of milk was less than what I would get with Medela (Milk kept getting in the tube with Medela so I switched) and I reckon I got more milk in “let down” mode. Would be great if suction was better. I really liked the fact that the tubes are closed so milk will not get through.

Purchased in October 2019.

ADL1990
ADL1990Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Definitely happy with my choice!

Awesome breast pump for daily use! I didn’t try or buy another - I simply went based on the reviews, which speak for themselves.

Definitely happy with the multiple suction options. The timer and light is also very handy!

The only con I would say is that the pack doesn’t come with a pumping bra and there isn’t one to purchase from the Spectra site. This means no free hands when using the double pump, as you always have to hold the bottles.

Purchased in November 2019 at Spectra Baby for $239.20.

Rach
RachPerth, WA

Best pump

This pump has got to be one of the best on the market. Its really effective and easy to use. The only down side is having to buy different size flanges as it only comes with one standard size.

Purchased in September 2019 for $269.00.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Ebonee D.
Ebonee D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Effective

This is product is effective and efficient. I only need to pump 5 minutes each side to be empty. Often the inside valve slips off and into the breastmilk requiring you to retrieve it, this van be tricky. Hard to travel with as it needs an adapter to run off power.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $299.00.

Amy
AmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One size does not fit all

I was sent to a different company and had to pay $80 AUD for small shields. No option to for different size shields. All women don’t have the same size!

Purchased in May 2019 for $400.00.

Vanessa hughes
Vanessa hughesCentral, TAS

Made my life so much easier

This is the only pump I could find that help with my mastitis and then kept it away. The double pump helped me feed my twins at the same time. Easy and quite to use. I even fell asleep using it many times. Easy clean. A little pricey but worth it

Purchased in January 2018.

Customer Service T.Spectra

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Andyis
Andyis

Beware of size before buying

The main issue with this breast pump is the flange is way too big for me, and as a result, it doesn't sit comfortably or draw out much milk. I have to press the flanges firmly against my breasts to get any milk out. I feel this should be highlighted when purchasing the pump on the spectra website. You should be able to measure your breasts beforehand and customise your order to choose the right size flange for your breasts, otherwise it's just a waste of money. As it turns out, spectra don't have the right size for my breasts and I have to order an appropriate flange from a different company in order to use this pump.

Purchased in December 2018 at Spectra Baby for $240.00.

Shaz F
Shaz FGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great breast pump

Purchased in February 2019 at Spectra Baby for $270.00.

RegularPumpingMom
RegularPumpingMomNSW

Value for money, great for first time Mums

Rit
RitAdelaide

Good quality pump

I have both a spectra and a silicone manual pump and I honestly prefer the hand held over the spectra. I find the spectra a bit uncomfortable both in terms of using it on my breasts and the way it sits as I have to hold it on my breasts when using it - with the silicone one just suctions on and you can do things while it just hangs off collecting milk. I also find the spectra is a bit rough. I do however believe that once I have more milk as my baby grows the spectra will be much better to use and much more comfortable and convenient.

Samantha
SamanthaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good pump, not so amazing customer service

Pump does a good job (I have nothing to compare it to though). I have found that customer service isn’t that willing to assist however.
About a month in, the machine picked up an extra vibration sound (and still makes this sound 8 months later). It’s annoying to listen to each pumping session and does make it louder.
Videos and information were provided to Spectra but they didn’t really care.
I then had an issue with the tubes falling off (were stretched somehow after only a couple of months use). After some tooing and froing some replacement tubes were sent out.

Electric Breast Pumps

This is the best Breast pump!

The pump is very powerful and many level of suction to choose for suitable on each person.
easy to use , easy clean to clean parts and very handy with night light. I would recommended to anyone that thinking to buy a breast pump. it's a bit expensive but it is really worth it!

Emel
Emel

Great hospital grade pump

The spectra s2 hospital grade double pump is very efficient and easy to use. All parts are easy to clean and the best thing is the spectra s2 is compatible with different brands of bottles. The pump is very quite which is a plus if you have your baby nearby. I’ve used it for several weeks 3-4 times a day and highly recommend this double pump.

Maddison b
Maddison b

Great double pump

Great machine that is easy to use and easy to clean, can be used as a double or single pump, it has lots of different cycle options and vacuum options to choose from. My favorite feature is the night light which is great for late night feeds and also nightlight for bub.

Venessa M.
Venessa M.asked

Dear spectra. I have a spectra- with blue colour and have noticed it is becoming increasingly loud when I pump, compared to when I first started. Is there something i need to do to quiet the pumping process. It is especially loud during the mimicking of suckling.

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Venessa, pump sound alone is not an indicator of fault, but there are things that can influence this for sure. :)

If the pump has been knocked or dropped at all, that will influence it. It is also important to change the shield kit parts regularly as recommended, as this will affect sound too.

Ensure your shield kit is set up properly, and using a softer surface to set the pump on will also help. :)

Hope that helps. :)

Spectra team

Ellie M.
Ellie M.asked

Best for 200$ or less

Nad R.
Nad R.asked

My pump powers on and immediately powers off, any ideas?

See all Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has 320mmHg of suction, as well as the ability to adjust this suction strength so you can choose what’s most comfortable for you.
  • Double pumping lets you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously - making it great for time-poor mothers (which is, let's face it, most mothers).
  • It also has a massage mode to promote quick letdown.
  • Spectra advertises this breast pump as being “super quiet”, meaning it could be a good option for those after discreet pumping.
  • The breast pump has an adjustable cycle speed, letting you choose between 5 speed settings between 38 and 54 rpm.
  • It’s a closed system, meaning no milk will leak outside the pump, and nothing will get in the pump, making it more hygienic for both mum and bub.
  • For those who find themselves up at all hours needing to express, this breast pump has a night light and timer to make those sleepy express sessions slightly easier.
  • It’s mains-powered, so it must be plugged into a power outlet in order to operate.
  • The whole device weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that this breast pump was efficient at expressing milk and effectively mimicked a baby’s natural stimulation. It also didn’t lose suction.
  • The night light was appreciated by a lot of reviewers, who said that it provided enough light to see what they were doing during night express sessions but was dim enough to not disturb anyone else.
  • Reviewers said that the device made minimal noise.

Pain point:

• The main pain point of this breast pump is that it isn’t very portable, as it’s bulkier than most other breast pumps and is mains-powered. Spectra however doesn’t advertise it as being portable, and portability may not be a pain point for women who don’t require a pump they can easily take on the go.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps