Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

MPN: SPS200
See the Best Electric Breast Pumps in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spectra

Pros

• Efficient at expressing milk

• Makes minimal noise

• Has a night light

Cons

• Not very portable

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort
W.Nguyen
W.NguyenSydney, NSW

loving it but....

This is my first breast pump and its currently working really well for me as my nipples have been damaged from my baby not being able to latch properly. It's really easy to assemble and to use. I'm pumping literally 8 times a day. I'm getting at least 100mL each time with both breasts. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that I got charged $7.18 from my bank as they charged me from " Spectra Baby Australia Singapore" which is a Singapore merchant. I would have used my international credit card if they had informed me.

Purchased in December 2019 for $299.00.

Kristina M.
Kristina M.Sydney, NSW

Awesome product Shame about availability

Purchased in July 2019 at Spectra Baby for $399.00.

mummaof2
mummaof2Brisbane

Its not love

anne4141PERTH

VERY strong pump

anne4141

Thanks so much, I will email you :)

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Sarah
SarahPerth

Pump is good but bottles are terrible

The pump is easy to use and is confortable to hold however the bottled are very annoying. Its very difficult to close the lids properly. On many occasions i have closed the bottle and gotten ready to feed baby however it has spilt milk all over him and ive lost my valuable milk!

Eve
EveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sufficient for what we need

I bought this as soon as I left the hospital.
In the hospital I was given the Madela to use. It was great. But due to recommendations I bought this instead. It's suction are not as strong as I expected. It's louder than the one in the hospital. I prefer the Madela ones in the hospital.

NU16
NU16Western Australia

Was a bit disappointed

Customer Service T.Spectra

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020

Good for single use

I really like my specta and haven't had too many issues other then the suction strength when double pumping. Seems like when I use it as a single I get way more, which makes things hard when I am at work. I don't have the time to only use it as a single so I do double and just get less, which is frustrating.

Kinda disappointed

LeishaPerth

Nipple shield too small

TJH
TJHMelbourne

High hopes quickly faded cause of the membranes

Lost suction after only 2 days of use, and after a week used all the white membranes. However the customer service was amazing gave us a replacement valve and membrane in no time, however that still didn't work and by then went through 4 membranes and we had enough, last straw was the duck valves that worked for the time been. Thank goodness the customer service and the duck valves were the saving grace otherwise this would of been a disaster. Not perfect but good enough

MKMSpringfield

Not happy

I am not the biggest fan I have had mine almost 2 months and the bottles fall off while I'm pumping/ the bottoms of the bottles are made funny so they fall over all the time and the inside white parts fall off into the bottles while pumping very frustrating.

MKM

Thanks I have tried everything and clean them and boil them nothing works my sister is breastfeeding to with a Medela kind of wished I would of went with that pump she has no problems with hers.

Loved it until it stopped working after 9 weeks

This pump was more comfortable than my Ameda. It is easy to clean and maintain. However, my baby is now 9 weeks old and the pump is stuck on massage mode. I can't get it out of this mode- even when it switches over to suction mode- it is still only massaging. I will be calling the medical supply company today to see if they can replace it as it is something I dependent on as a working mom. I will give 5 stars if I get a working pump again.

Not strong enough.

Venessa M.
Venessa M.asked

Dear spectra. I have a spectra- with blue colour and have noticed it is becoming increasingly loud when I pump, compared to when I first started. Is there something i need to do to quiet the pumping process. It is especially loud during the mimicking of suckling.

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Venessa, pump sound alone is not an indicator of fault, but there are things that can influence this for sure. :)

If the pump has been knocked or dropped at all, that will influence it. It is also important to change the shield kit parts regularly as recommended, as this will affect sound too.

Ensure your shield kit is set up properly, and using a softer surface to set the pump on will also help. :)

Hope that helps. :)

Spectra team

Ellie M.
Ellie M.asked

Best for 200$ or less

Nad R.
Nad R.asked

My pump powers on and immediately powers off, any ideas?

See all Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has 320mmHg of suction, as well as the ability to adjust this suction strength so you can choose what’s most comfortable for you.
  • Double pumping lets you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously - making it great for time-poor mothers (which is, let's face it, most mothers).
  • It also has a massage mode to promote quick letdown.
  • Spectra advertises this breast pump as being “super quiet”, meaning it could be a good option for those after discreet pumping.
  • The breast pump has an adjustable cycle speed, letting you choose between 5 speed settings between 38 and 54 rpm.
  • It’s a closed system, meaning no milk will leak outside the pump, and nothing will get in the pump, making it more hygienic for both mum and bub.
  • For those who find themselves up at all hours needing to express, this breast pump has a night light and timer to make those sleepy express sessions slightly easier.
  • It’s mains-powered, so it must be plugged into a power outlet in order to operate.
  • The whole device weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that this breast pump was efficient at expressing milk and effectively mimicked a baby’s natural stimulation. It also didn’t lose suction.
  • The night light was appreciated by a lot of reviewers, who said that it provided enough light to see what they were doing during night express sessions but was dim enough to not disturb anyone else.
  • Reviewers said that the device made minimal noise.

Pain point:

• The main pain point of this breast pump is that it isn’t very portable, as it’s bulkier than most other breast pumps and is mains-powered. Spectra however doesn’t advertise it as being portable, and portability may not be a pain point for women who don’t require a pump they can easily take on the go.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps