Speed Queen AWNA62 (1st Gen)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Ken P

Ken PLaunceston, TAS

Costly, but near perfect washing machine.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$2,695.00.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the endorsement, the home range of SQs are made to same high standard as those used in commercial laundries.

Kiki33AU

Will always be loyal to Speedqueen

Finally put the old Kleenmaid (Speedqueen) machine out to pasture after 30 years. We always planned to purchase another Speedqueen and have not been disappointed. We actually were encouraged (by Speedqueen) to repair our old machine and when it didn't work, they refunded us the parts so we bought a new one. They offered great support and service over the phone and the installation of the new machine was very professional. Quiet and effective washing machine that we are confident will last for decades.

Purchased in April 2020.

Steph Wallbank

Steph WallbankSydney, NSW

Great value, great cleaning & user friendly to boot.

Love these machines - previous one lasted 26 years - hope this one's as good! So far we're loving it - copes with delicates & bulk items like sheets etc beautifully. Easy to operate, even change settings after starting, and fast cycles times.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman Castle Hill.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel
Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Speed Queen AWNA62 (1st Gen) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Jcmc8

Jcmc8Perth, WA

Simply awesome.

I’m just about to sell my Speed Queen top loader, which fills me with regret.
I’ve down sized and it doesn’t fit into my smaller home.
It’s four years old and has never missed a beat.
So reliable.
So sturdy.
It just does one thing really well - and that’s your laundry.
Despite not having a lint filter, I’ve never had any trouble with residue or tangling - everything comes out well washed and well spun.
Loading it is easy as I don’t have to bend over, as is adding more clothing mid cycle. A quick wash is done in 30-45 minutes, and a high efficiency load in 90 minutes. Too easy.
No electronics or plastic.
This machine will be sorely missed.

Purchased in March 2016.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg AD55
Nicki G

Nicki GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding clothes washer

The industrial strength washer lives up to ALL the hype!

I’m more in love with my Speed Queen was her today, than when I got it!

Sturdy in design, sturdy in its washing capacity. I have cut down to only 3 loads a week, including my queen sheet sets in one load! Never, ever have I had problems with it

Friends are sick to death of me raving about my love of my speed queen washer.

Purchased in November 2014 at Domayne.

Craige C.Speed Queen

Thanks for the great endorsement, your friends will get used to your ravings.

Speed Queen

This washing machine is mis-named. It should be called Speed King! Top of the wash in every respect! And I really mean it -- top of the wash in every respect!

Hi John,
Thanks for your flattering words, we are glad you like it.

Love my new washer

Our clothes are often covered in dirt and dust that comes from being on a farm dealing with drought, fire and if we're lucky mud. Speed Queen makes easy work of getting the dirt out. I only wish there was a sud save feature so that water from clothes not so dirty could be recycled back into machine. At present I do this with a bucket from the laundry sink. Water is a precious resource and we should be smarter about how we use it.

Purchased in January 2020.

Hi Jillie,
Thanks for the wonderful review, yes all washers should have a suds save cycle however some years ago the regulatory boffins decided that is was not hygienic.
Thanks for doing your part to conserve water.

Jillie
Jillie

My pleasure thank you.
Time to bring the sud save back.

Love this washing machine, It outperforms any other machine I have every owned. Just wish I purchased one years ago :)

I wash really dirty mens work clothes Truck / Farm workers.
Love the easy basic controls settings.
Clean wash every time even the delicates.
Excellent cycle time - Love it has the extra long cycle for clothes that need to be soaked.

Purchased in December 2019.

Dolly girl

Dolly girlSydney, NSW

A good machine for everyday washing needs

Hi
I had a Maytag machine for many years and it served us well with 3 sons with sporting gear etc as well as our normal washing. But when I couldn’t get another Maytag I purchased my first Speed queen machine many years ago. It did serve us well but after many years I needed to replace it and of course I purchased another. I’m sure this machine will out see just my husband and I for many years too. The only thing I find a bit strange is the noise when you use the delicate cycle, my other machine was not so noisy but it does the job well.

NHutch

NHutchSydney, NSW

Everything I Dreamed of and More

Purchased in December 2019 at Winning Appliances NSW, Brookvale for A$2,725.00.

Missing left sock

Missing left sockGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Commercial grade quality heavy duty washer.

Simple to operate, designed to last for many years, this machine is solid and weighs almost 100kg, baked enamel wash tub (not plastic) with a non magnetic grade stainless steel spin basket. I did my research on what I wanted and this fits the bill perfectly, no annoying electronic controls or beeping speakers. Just a commercial grade quality built machine that does a great job of what it is made to do, simply wash things clean and it does it quickly without ever going out of balance. A little on the expensive side but well worth the price considering the life expectancy, parts availability and reputation of the company. It's now over 12 months since purchase and we are very happy with it.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$2,400.00.

wannabeepro

wannabeeproSydney, NSW

Fantastic product-works like a dream

Purchased in August 2016 for A$2,725.00.

Beau Cornerstone

Beau CornerstonePERTH, WA

Off to a bad start, but working okay now

Purchased in April 2019 at RetraVision for A$2,295.00.

Dryer TypeSimpson SDV Series
Leah

LeahSouth East Queensland, QLD

So happy!!

Have had our Speed Queen for 3 years now and I don't regret spending the extra $$. Easy to use and wash cycle times are great. A very strong and sturdy machine and I can see it lasting a good 20 plus years

Purchased in June 2016.

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

Honestly best washing machine on the market.

Wow - Couldn't be happier with this machine, easy to use,quite running and does a GREAT job of washing all our household clothes/items. This is the second Speed Queen washer we have purchased and LOVE it.
The first one has given us twenty eight years of trouble free service and still runs fine with a couple of creeks and groans occasionally ( like me LOL ) and will be put in our garage to do dog beds and car covers which this machine handles with ease. Whilst the purchase price is not the cheapest on the market, its definately value for money long term and does a awesome job for years and years. Strongly recommend this washer to family and friends.

Purchased in July 2019.

Dryer TypeKleenmaid KED301

Tony Pike

Tony PikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Top quality product

Washed through a 210 degree agitator stroke action The most gentle top loader I have dealt with Very reliable gearbox and a powerful 1/3 hp motor makes this the main top loader of choice for the discerning user I have sold many of these to customers and NEVER had a complaint

Liz Taylor

Liz TaylorSydney, NSW

The best quality washer I have ever had

This machine washes all types of clothes perfectly. I wash everything from delicates to oiled and soiled work clothes. The wash cycles fit the type of wash I do without causing pilling which is a bonus. Its nice to know that which ever cycle I choose the clothes come out clean and are washed with care. Easy to use with no fuss instructions just set and forget.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,800.00.

Ronitto

RonittoPerth, WA

Very Happy

My last Speed Queen washer lasted for 33 years. Finally it developed a leak and was showing a few rust spots so I decided to look for another one. Over the time that I had it I only had to do a few minor repairs. A hose, fan belt and a solenoid. Most of this in the later years. It was very easy to maintain and parts were easy to get.

I was surprised to note that not much has changed. The new one looks similar, is exactly the same size and has simple controls. They are more expensive and bit noisier than some others but if this one lasts as well as the first one then I will have no complaints.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$2,169.00.

Mitch s

Mitch sCentral Queensland, QLD

Didn't meet my expectations

To start with was a great machine and washes cloths well. Reason for the expensive purchase was the 20yo parents in law lasting 20+ years, so I thought I'm sold. First year no dramas then the hot water solenoid stopped working after this fine for another twelve months then the cycle selector played up and wouldn't go through cycles have been through another since then. Now on my second leaking water pump and is again not draining and finishing cycle (also smelt something electrical burning) unsure what to do it's about 7yo so out of warrenty. thinking of tossing it out and going with a cheaper brand.

Purchased in April 2012 for A$1,200.00.

Yvonne B.

Yvonne B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Speed Queen AWNA62

Purchased in December 2018.