Speed Queen AWNE92

Listing monitored by Speed Queen

12 questions from our users

Greg M.
Greg M.asked

How long is the fastest load

David
David

Shortest load is about 32 minutes, depends on a number of variables you choose

Ann P.
Ann P.

We use the shortest cycle for every wash and it only changes by a minute or two depending on the load size etc. You don’t need any longer as the machine is fantastic and does a great job.

Ange
Angeasked

Hi I'm about to purchase another machine had a Kleenmaid Industrial for years loved it . Eventually went water all over my floors so insurance claim and I was in a hurry and purchased a Simpson Ezy 11kg options annoy me only have 1 short cycle 20min but can only have it with a small load. Temperature spin and water levels are preprogrammed and top lid has lock once down hard to add more clothes in, now water leak do not want to replace flooring again just want a refund and put it towards another machine.
Liking the sound of Speed Queen especially after having a Kleenmaid: MY QUESTION IS: Do I do a manual dial or electronic panel advise please, thought about one persons comment that with arthritis dials were hard to turn later in life but are you prone to have more problems with electronics than dial?
Will purchase through Harvey Norman Ange

Craige C.Speed Queen

Hi Ange, We have both dial and touch control model which are equally easy to use. The touch control model has more cycle add options like prewash, soak, extra rinse and delay start which when programmed can be control by pressing one button, There is information on both @ speedqueen.com.au

Roz
Roz

Hi Ange, I was advised that the electronic panel is just as reliable as the manual dial, so I paid the extra and so far so good, love all the extra washing options and the push-button ease.

Jennifer Creecy
Jennifer Creecyasked

Can you leave the lid up while machine fills up with the AWNE92BLACK machine?

Agc96
Agc96

No the lid must be closed it has a sensor that pauses machine when lid is lifted.

Vince S.
Vince S.asked

does the Speed Queen model AWNA62 have a lint remover

Craige C.Speed Queen

The Speed Queen Home Range of top load washers have a neutral draining system which allows any lint to be drained away when the wash and rinse water is pumped from the machine making a lint filter unnecessary.

Rob
Robasked

how to choose between top or front end loading?

lailaasked

Has a soak programe

does it have soak programe

does it have soak programe

Hi Laila,
Yes the AWNE92 does have a selectable 30 min soak option that you can add to any wash cycle.
regards Craige

Mike L.asked

We bought our Kleenmaid (which I believe is a Speed Queen) back in in 1991. Regarding the lint. We also noticed the lint issue but as the machine was new and under warrenty at the time, a technician came out and fitted a "Lint Remover" and we had no further issues. As ours is no on its last legs we are looking for a new machine and was wondering why a "Lint Remover" was/is not part of the standard machine.

Hi Mike L,
It is quite possible that the Kleenmaid washer you purchased in 1991 had the commercial style direct drive pump and draining mechanism whereby the machine would spin and drain simultaneously (positive draining) and as such any excess lint in the wash was spun out on to the clothes. This mechanism was totally acceptable in the US where 95% of laundries exclusively dried their clothes in a dryer which removed that excess lint from the clothes.
In Aus where we mainly use clothes line this linting issue frustrated many users of these American designed machines leading to some brands coming up with after-market devises to catch the lint during the wash. Australian made machines of the same era never had the linting issues because they had a separate electric pump that would allow the machine to drain the water from the washer and then spin (neutral draining) this would allow the lint in the wash-load to drain through the pump rather than being spun out on to the clothes.
To solve the linting issue for the Australian home laundry market the US manufacturers adopted the Australian design (neutral draining)of having a separate pump. It is this design that is used in todays Speed Queen home range of top load washers.
The direct drive versions are still available but exclusively for commercial use where linting is not as issue because of the use of dryers. There is no difference in the quality between the home range and the commercial range just a different design that allows a slightly faster wash time which is important in commercial laundries. In short the current home range does not require any lint catching devises.
Regards Speed Queen

Mike L.

Thanks for that, and yes I do note that the machine drains as it spins. I did notice some comments about lint issues though, and as those comments were in recent years would assume the problem has not gone away 100%, or would they have been machines with the American style direct drive pump? I would not have thought so as you say these machines are now commercial use only.
Will proberly buy a SQ AWNA62 in spite of what Choice magazine says. If it lasts half as long as the Kleenmaid it will most likely outlive us. The after sales service was great in 1991 and many have commented here on how good it is now so that will proberly sway us.

Grant
Grantasked

I’m thinking of buying a speed queen washer; I’m not sure whether to go front loader or top loader? Analog controls or digital panel? Any thoughts welcome please!

Shaz
Shaz

I would go top load personally, as I have a family of 5 and like to put as much in as possible and I find the top loader allows me to do this. I have a digital control panel and have had no problems with this at all. Good Luck!

bubsy
bubsyasked

I have this washer for 7 months. Recently, when I poured liquid bleach into the dispener, some of the bleach leaked directly into the washer basket. This occured on repeated loads. I contacted Speed Queen and they suggested having an authorized repair person check the machine. I contacted my seller who connected me with the local authorized repair. The repairman said the machine needed to be leveled and was surprised that the installers didn't provide me with the "Wrench for the leveling legs" that comes with the machine. (I checked the installation instructions and there is no such wrench provided!). Then he proceeded to put a folded up piece of cardboard under the front left leg and assured me that this would fix the problem. Next load, I pour bleach into the dispenser and some of it flows into the tub! The problem isn't fixed. Anyboday have a similar issue and find a solution?

Hi Busby,
I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your SQ, please contact me directly so that I can them sorted asap. I will send you PM with my contact details.

Hi Busby,
Please contact SQ on 0297482155 and ask for the retail sales manager.

Rowan Macintosh
Rowan Macintoshasked

Just wondering if a King size duvet could be washed in this machine? Also will it heat the water if required? Also from the pictures there appears to not be a water level setting. Is this automatic in this model? Rowan.

Hi Rowan,
The AWNE92 will fit a king size duvet or doona but the item is far to big for the washing machine to wash it successfully. Because the item is so big the machine will not be able to turn over during the wash cycle to effectively clean it. I don't believe there is any top load washer available commercial or domestic that can wash an item of this size.
there are many machines that will wet a king size duvet but they will not wash it properly.
The AWNE92 does not have built in heater but it does have 4 selectable water levels.
Many thanks for your question.

Isaac
Isaacasked

Does the model AWNE92SN303AW01 for Australia have an electric pump and neutral drain before spin, or is it just spin drain only? I saw on YouTube "myfan69" bought his washing machine model AWNE92SP113TW01 from the US and had it converted to Australia with an electric pump and has neutral drain before spin (after wash and rinse cycles), which I thought was a great idea. It saves wear on the motor and better performance at draining out lint, rather than spinning it back into your clothes.

Hi Isaac,
Thank you for your question, the AWNE92 does have an electric pump which operates as a neutral drain on all cycles except the NORMAL ECO where it spins and pumps out simultaneously. Neutral draining is the only real difference between our "Home Range" and our commercial models just as you have pointed out our "Home Range" machines are designed to process lint more effectively.

Angasked

Is this the largest model in top load washing machine? Also does this have lint filters at all? If not, does it leave lint on black things at all (like kids leggings, trackpants, dark underwear)? In the other model I read it takes around 35 mins to do a full load, are the times similar on this machine on most cycle options? How many normal towels (not bath sheets) would be able to be washed at one time or double bed sheets/queen size doona covers in one load? Also can you pause this machine mid cycle to add another teatowel or shorts etc without it restarting the cycle? Lastly, does is fill the tub to rinse or does it just spray water onto the clothes? Thanks alot for answering my questions, I really appreciate it. Ang

Lizzy S
Lizzy S

Hi Ang
Yes this model is the largest top loader as far as I know. We have a regular bedwetter in the family, this machine can take a double quilt easily OR a queen quilt cover and 2 queen sheets plus a few small items . Be careful about mixing colours and whites or fluffy items on the longer settings, some cycles wash very thoroughly and lint can transfer, I use "quick wash" if in doubt and that seems to be fine, it is also a lot quicker than any of the other cycles. There is quite a degree of flexibility in your wash options. I did wonder myself where the lint went, there is no lint filter to clean, I might ring them about that. Seems ok though. You certainly can pause the machine and add items. I think it fills the tub to rinse but I am not 100% sure. It's a solid beast, I'm happy!

Ang

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sounds like what I'm looking for, definately the shorter overall wash time, ability to wash larger items and being able to add items part way through a cycle without it restarting. Ang

Get an answer from our members and Speed Queen representatives