2.9

2,455 reviews
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (72%) · No (28%)

First day using this connection, haven"t had experience with dropouts yet
But very happy with connection the service straight the next day. I use to have service from Spintel since 2008, can't complain so far. Many thanks

Connection TypeI don't know
Graham

Graham

I really like Spintel

I'm a pretty technical person, so I get frustrated with the big telcos and the way that they force crippled hardware onto you that you must use, and are impossible to contact when there is a problem.

Fortunately, Spintel is not like that - plans are simple and easy to understand without confusing bells and whistles, plan can also be stripped right back to "service only" so I can use my own much better equipment.

My questions were answered within minutes and my NBN application was processed in days, getting me back online after a big telco cut off my internet when I ported my telephone.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateAugust 2020

Avoid like the plague

Regularly drops out for up to 1-2 hours during the day every 2 weeks on average.
4-6 hour wait to get service to reset after drop out. No explanation, no apology.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Superb customer service!

The technician was patient, competent and efficient in assisting me to set up my voip phone. I couldn't have asked for better support! She got my service up and running much faster than I had anticipated.

Johnny M.

Johnny M.Sydney, NSW

Fraudulent Billing

Spintel will bill you incorrectly and when you dispute it, they will send a disconnection notice and late payment fees. I have disputed on multiple occasion providing evidence of my payments for monthly bills, and rather than resolve they "waive" it and then add an additional month the next billing cycle. Fraudulent behavior with intent to mislead. Do not join, you will invite below average service, long waiting times, hidden costs and long periods of time without internet.

Start DateMarch 2018
Dan B

Dan BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic customer service

Got NBN 50 connected which unfortunately is not very fast, max 20 mbps but this isn't Spintel's fault, it's because I'm on FTTN and far from the node with poor quality copper wiring etc. I know this as I had problems with it years ago when I had ADSL which is why I switched to Optus cable which I now had to disconnect to join the NBN.

However, there was an additional problem which is that Webex appeared to be blocked on my NBN connection. I assumed it was the wireless router. I submitted a support ticket to Spintel on a Saturday and got a response from a technical person within half an hour and the problems was fixed by the Sunday! Amazing.

Start DateJune 2020
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great cheap service plan

Calls, network connection, data speed perfect. No issues experienced. Only downside would be long wait times for call center help, but I didnt need the service for duration of my plan.

Start DateDecember 2017
Taner Dede

Taner Dede

Absolute waste of money! Avoid at all costs!

Spintel unlimited internet plan can't even stream a simple netflix movie due to the disgraceful internet speeds. Do yourself a favour and dont bother. My dial up connection back in 1995 was faster!

Start DateOctober 2019
dave

davePerth, WA

LEFT SPINTEL SO MUCH BETTER

Had trouble with Spintel from day 1 dropping out up to 10-15 times a day speeds .5 to20 mbps on a 50 plan changed provider and in 6 months no drop outs and speed 48-52mbps Spintel would be the worst provider in Australia for service and connect-ability

Start DateOctober 2019

Find out how SpinTel compares to other Internet Service Providers

Excellent customer service. Love the way she deal the issue

Very convenient. Loving use this service. Speed is good and other service from this provider excellent. Price i will say also reasonable. Initially had issue with connection but customer service team looked after very well.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateAugust 2020

Great customer service!

Spintel's connection is quite reliable and they are still one of Australia's cheapest plans. Whenever I have had issues, the team always resolves it completely. Thanks most recently to Hazel!

Start DateJanuary 2009
Sean M.

Sean M.

Brilliant customer service

Our new service works at least as well as our previous provider's but costs substantially less for the same quantity of internet traffic. It's worth noting that SpinTel do not advise the previous provider of the change in provider but leave it to the customer to do. If you're with Telstra this can be a problem as they absolutely no way for a customer to contact them other than submitting a Complaint Form. (True story!) Aside from that, my transition was seamless, helped along by very efficient customer service from Marigold.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateApril 2020
KEI

KEISouth East Queensland, QLD

Spintel have a good mobile service with excellent customer service when you need help. Plans are very reasonable. Their phone or text/email help services are very speedy and responsive. Thanks!

Gordon.

Gordon.South East Queensland, QLD

Good service and great speed.

After the initial set up where there were a few hick ups my nbn has worked well with consistent speeds, i had one drop out, but it was corrected without my need to make a call, i just put that down to work somewhere along the nbn network. I recently lost my phone connection which i did have to make a call and was very surprised at how quick i got through to the help centre, the lady that took my call was very clear to understand and was able to fix my issue with a good positive manner. I am very pleased with my choice of nbn provider.

amm

ammGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great staff

My wife & I are in our 70's and we've been with Spintel for over 10 years . Whenever we encounter problems (no fault of Spintel) the service & help we receive from the technicians is friendly , helpful and issues are always resolved .
Alan M

Ross W.

Ross W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Service and Communication.

After having some initial hesitation going with this company I had not heard of, I'm glad I took the chance as the communications from the company have been A1. This includes from my initial inquiries about the products and all the way through to the completion of the connection. The product itself is offering the stated speeds right from the beginning and all working perfectly. I have no hesitation in recommending Spintel service and product.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateJuly 2020
George Z

George ZGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Spintel try very hard to satisfy customers.

Spintel have always tried hard to provide great service. Recently they have been giving me as much help as possible to deal with NBN issues which are beyond Spintel's control.
It's a shame that the $55 billion NBN is such a disaster.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateNovember 2019

Possible the worst

We have used Spintel I our business for a few months now - our internet drops out over 10 times a day and our upload and download speed is 0.37MBS. Tech support offers no help but happily takes our money.
do not use

Start DateMarch 2020
Ron

RonDarling Downs, QLD

Sim card activation

Tim was very helpful and patient as I have poor knowledge of mobile phones. Tim explained very clearly each step and I thank Tim for making the process very easy.

Start DateJuly 2020

Works good

Always very helpful and patient. The speed of the internet is great have been with Spintel for three years now and am happy with their service and I have no complaints