Spintel Mobile Broadband

Spintel Mobile Broadband Questions & Answers

Verifiedspintel.net.au🏆 2024 Award
Emmie K.
Emmie K.

I'm currently with another provider for my landline, which has Priority Assist due to my heart issues. Can I keep my landline? ( ie not wanting VOIP phone). Also, I get variable speeds where I am - seems to be a bit of a black spot for mobile signals. It's not unusual for my download speeds to be around 1 Mbps, yet upload speed can be 14 to 15Mbps. My current provider has not been able to offer a reason for this. Obviously the speeds are worse (pages time out, server can't be found, etc etc) during peak usage times.

SpinTel   DM

Hi Emmie, I believe that you are currently having a Mobile broadband service with a different provider and you want to change that mobile broadband to SpinTel. If so could you please tell me which is your current provider/carrier so that I can assist you better with your queries?

Mike R.
Mike R.

We've been with Spintel for a while now and generally speaking, have had no issues and are quite happy.

We did note that Spintel reported data usage and our device reported usage always seemed to vary by approx. 10-15GB each month. Whilst I'm fully aware that the device is not going to be 100% accurate, it was always spot on with the previous providers reported usage - Optus. The device is an Optus Mobile Broadband modem and approved by Spintel for use on their network.

I painstakingly downloaded three months of data usage reports from Spintel's website and noted an alarming issue - nearly 57 hours overlap of recording periods. It also roughly matches the discrepancy we noted in the device usage (which could be a coincidence).

I've approached Spintel on several occasions, who tell me that their records are correct. Concerned, I raised the issue with the TIO, who passed the concerns on to Spintel and again was met with an "our records are correct" response and an abundance of passive-aggressive replies from "Travis".

I've requested an explanation for the nearly 57 hours of overlaps for the reporting periods, however, they have not and appear to not want to acknowledge that it even occurs or provide an explanation.

Has anyone else had this issue?

SpinTel   DM

Hi Mike, The question you have raised is concerning us. Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account details so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case and will try to provide a resolution.

Geoffrey
Geoffrey

5g home

SpinTel   DM

Hi Geoffrey, If you looking for product 5G home Broadband, then please use the link below to check the availability of the 5G home broadband service in your area and signup.

external link

Karebear3

Hello, I have been with Telstra for years and am quite frankly fed up with them. Would I get better service by going with Spintel. I am looking at a dongle, no contract, 5Gb+and live in Cunningham Qld. Thank you for any info I can get. C Coles

SpinTel   DM

Hi Karebear, Kindly request you to provide the full address so that we can check our coverage for the Mobile Broadband service.
external link

Regards!

Evadne
Evadne

Hello, Of course I cannot promise anything, but I was with Tellstra a long time and found their service to be very bad. I had Spintel when I lived in Tweed Heads, now in Victoria, I have found that they are pretty good at fixing any of my crashes, not that I have many. It is fairly safe to say that Spintel will give you better and quicker service than Telstra and, at a lower cost. Good Luck!

Thank you. Very Helpful.

SpinTel   DM

Hi Karebear3, Kindly request you to provide the full address so that we can check our coverage for the Mobile Broadband service.

SpinTel Team

Lee Daniels
Lee Daniels

If you are looking for mobile broadband than I suggest you will get the same speed as Telstra at a much lower price and a much better service desk. The service desk is amazing. They will not let you go until your wifi is working. They are also very patient.

Karebear3

Thank you for your reply. I have heard many good things so far and I am prepared to give them a go. I have been talking to one of the Spintel Team.

Brian P
Brian P

Are you Optus or Telstra?

Arthur R.
Arthur R.

Spintel is on the Optus system

SpinTel   DM

Hi Brian, we use the Optus 4G Plus network for our mobile broadband service. Thanks CG

John
John

Hello..I am still waiting for my $100 you took from my credit card.

Still no return phone call, call back or email from anyone at Spintel.

Fast too charge me, then knock me back due too Credit Rating but still my money is in your pockets. any help?

john

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

Account Number: NA
Ticket ID: 1694468
Subject: Re: SpinTel Customer Reference #152552 - Credit check fail
Department: Orders
Type: Issue
Status: Open
Priority: Normal

You can check the status of or update this ticket online at: https://service.spintel.net.au/index.php?/Autologin/TicketLogin/ViewTicket/040vcydqahktq43eas/

Kind regards,

SpinTel   DM

Hi John, We checked your account with the SpinTel and we couldn't find any Payments received from your account/card.

Could you please send your account/card statement which shows the money has been debited from your account to complaints@spintel.net.au so that we can action further.

Regards
SpinTel Complaints Team

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Spintel Mobile Broadband is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023. Learn more