Spintel Mobile Broadband

Spintel Mobile Broadband

Listing monitored by SpinTel

Lisa H

Not sure why they have so many positive reviews

BelleSpinTelSend a private message
Al C.
Al C.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible!

Nothing but trouble from the day I connected to their NBN. Support was next to non existent. Left them as soon as I could. I don't recommend to anyone. Don't waste your time.

BelleSpinTelSend a private message
Sunny
SunnyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Customer service

Every time I call there is nearly an hour wait. And sometimes after this wait it drops out. Spintel keeps charging me bills for account they fail to connect. This is frustrating.

Adds random additional charges and fights you about it.

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Spintel Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

Arnaud M.
Arnaud M.Sydney, NSW

They don't give the best price to existing customers

My current plan was 69.95, then i checked on the website a few months later and realise they were offering the same plan for 49.95 the first 6 months then 59.95. Which mean 10 less per month,
A good company will adjust your price with the new plan offered online, but Spintel doesnt give you the new plan unless you request it which is totally absurd. I dont have time to check online every month if the price is still the same.
Very disappointed by their policy, existing customers should benefit from new plan price.

SPINTEL UNRELIABLE

I wrote a review of SPINTEL (see here) https://www.productreview.com.au/reviews/d8aa7711-643e-55eb-b7b6-c9f7370c3e43 some weeks ago. Since then I got a phone call from a SPINTEL REPRESENTATIVE CALLED JOE who told me that Spintel were going to refund the money I had paid and requested my bank details which I gave him. He said it would be in my account within 5 days. 3 weeks later they have still not refunded it .

Marc_Marc
Marc_MarcGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

When is a refund not a refund.... when SPINTEL takes your money

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

DO NOT USE SPINTEL - INCOMPETENT

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi David, Kindly request you to provide your SpinTel account number or order number so that I can pull your records and will investigate what went wrong in your case.

My account number was 203089

Jayson D.
Jayson D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheap and nasty.

If you want cheap then it's certainly cheap. The customer service is terrible. Took over 4 weeks to activate my mobile service. Setup direct debit only to get overdue bills and be told I have to pay manually.

Kate
Kate

Madel was great, for cancelling our service! I rang over 20 times in two weeks with no answer. Do not recommend!

Terrible! Awfully slow. If you had one phone and the tv going, you had none working. I asked for the plan suitable to our usage and it didn’t help. The company doesn’t answer their phone.

peter
peterSydney, NSW

spintel - technically disasterous

nbn did not work on saturday and I called them. Only got through on the sales team that said call them on monday. I called on monday and went through some tests and told you need a new modem. after searching all day for a computer store,bought one and then called them as same issue only to go through extra tests to find nbn box is faulty. and they got the technician to come wednesday and then it was fixed. I had no internet at all as so far spintel refuses to replace my obvious faulty one and wants $10 for postage. As soon as their is issues stay away from this company.

Spb
Spb

Absolutely terrible! these cowboys should be fined by ACCC!!!

I joined them on 5G unlimited broadband. They started to charge me from the day I called, even though modem was delivered 5 days later and I started to use service 10 days later. My first bill arrived 2 days before I even started to use service and i was given 2!!!! days to pay, WTH?? After a fight with useless customer support they only refunded 5 days. Then they charged me invalid $10 connection fee and $15 late payment fee (their direct debit did not work)
overall i only started and they already charged me $45 in invalid and unlawful fees

Nothing but dodgy/unlawful charges and constant stress.
I am investigating on how I can report them to ACCC.

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi, Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account details so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case and will try to provide a resolution.

Lee
Lee

Terrible service

After calling several times and speaking to several people, I was still overcharged last month even though I was credited extra data. And even though the current plans have 3 times more data than the old plan they had me on. If you want to waste hours and hours dealing with an incompetent company, only to be charged extra each month, please sign up to Spintel.

Timothy T.
Timothy T.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible customer service

I’ve paid for the service, the modem has arrived but no connection. It’s been over 3 weeks now & when I call customer service I’m placed in a queue for over 1hr. Can’t wait to get connection & cancel service.

Ralph Human
Ralph HumanIllawarra, NSW

Stay clear if you need your mobile phone

Emmie K.
Emmie K.asked

I'm currently with another provider for my landline, which has Priority Assist due to my heart issues. Can I keep my landline? ( ie not wanting VOIP phone). Also, I get variable speeds where I am - seems to be a bit of a black spot for mobile signals. It's not unusual for my download speeds to be around 1 Mbps, yet upload speed can be 14 to 15Mbps. My current provider has not been able to offer a reason for this. Obviously the speeds are worse (pages time out, server can't be found, etc etc) during peak usage times.

Mike R.
Mike R.asked

We've been with Spintel for a while now and generally speaking, have had no issues and are quite happy.

We did note that Spintel reported data usage and our device reported usage always seemed to vary by approx. 10-15GB each month. Whilst I'm fully aware that the device is not going to be 100% accurate, it was always spot on with the previous providers reported usage - Optus. The device is an Optus Mobile Broadband modem and approved by Spintel for use on their network.

I painstakingly downloaded three months of data usage reports from Spintel's website and noted an alarming issue - nearly 57 hours overlap of recording periods. It also roughly matches the discrepancy we noted in the device usage (which could be a coincidence).

I've approached Spintel on several occasions, who tell me that their records are correct. Concerned, I raised the issue with the TIO, who passed the concerns on to Spintel and again was met with an "our records are correct" response and an abundance of passive-aggressive replies from "Travis".

I've requested an explanation for the nearly 57 hours of overlaps for the reporting periods, however, they have not and appear to not want to acknowledge that it even occurs or provide an explanation.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Mike, The question you have raised is concerning us. Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account details so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case and will try to provide a resolution.

Geoffrey
Geoffreyasked

5g home

See all Spintel Mobile Broadband questions

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives