Spintel Mobile Broadband

Spintel Mobile Broadband

Listing monitored by SpinTel

Rachel B.
Rachel B.

Company was good, speed was very slow

I would say give them a go as this could be a solution that might work if you get better coverage in your area. My speeds were extremely slow- like download speeds of 0.02 at times so completely unusable and the fastest I clocked was 6.6 mbps - yes, seriously. But the shipping was fast, request to cancel was handled nicely and I know I'm in a hard area- even though it's outskirts of Melbourne!?!! So maybe try for yourself, but don't buy the modem just rent for a month as I did so you don't waste too much money if it's not good coverage.

Boon
BoonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Download speed not more than 0.6Mbps

[Name Removed] was patient, helpful and friendly. Mobile internet was slow, after trouble shooting, it did improve a bit but not stable. I end up go with NBN. Waiting for installation.

• Incentivised Review No
Boganslayer
BoganslayerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Activating new account and number transfer

My activation email had expired and sought to get a new one as my sim card arrived. Tried this on a Sunday. No joy there. . Got a call back in the morning from a man who was able to activate my account. Unfortunately I was at work and had not bought details to activate sim card, so he could not proceed. I then tried phoning the call centre but kept on hold without resolution. Online attempts were a complete dud as no security codes were being sent back. However online chat by Carol, picked up my issues and was able to complete sim card activation and number transfer. Great job Carol!

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Boganslayer, Thanks so much for your valuable feedback. We are grateful to read about your experience with our support team.

Regards,
SpinTel Team

Eastie
EastieNorthern Region, NSW

Fine for when we are at home, but very poor when travelling

We have good internet connection when at home, but have had little or no internet connection while travelling. And we have only been travelling along the north coast of nsw and south east qld,
I could understand if were in the outback. Friends travelling with us who have Optus have had no connection problems!

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Spintel Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

HMK
HMK

You get what you pay for

vista totally suck
vista totally sucksomewhere

the company is crap

as an idea of what crap this company is, I haven't contacted them for months. they sent me an email saying {thanks for contacting us recently}. They cant speak english properly and dont listen

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

I dont usually respond to who cant even speak English properly. Learn to speak properly and then contact me. Any further comments will be ignored,

Kholoud bahnas
Kholoud bahnasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Spintel offers convenient plans but they take the money they need back without even alerting you

- connection is better than other companies - customer services is 0 out of 10 , basically they are never willing to help your frustration - reliability 0 out of 10 most of the times you get charges for things you dont know about it or has not been notified about it

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Kholoud, Thanks for writing a review on our service and you found that our mobile connection is better than the other companies.

Thanks & Regards,
SpinTel Team

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Slow speeds

Worked fine for a few months but have been experiencing speeds of 5 mbs for several months. Video constantly buffering; have resorted to tethering off my phone's network. Multiple calls to Spintel over the last four weeks, no solutions, now passed on to the carrier. Several faults have been logged and some have just not been followed up, I'm calling every few days to try and get a solution happening. Modem often dropping out - live in inner-city neighbourhood, don't know why it was working and now isn't. Feel like I'm babysitting Spintel to get it fixed. No offer of discount on compromised service.

napes
napesMelbourne

Started ok... then got increasingly slower and today I'm using my phone as a hotspot...

It was initially faster than my old ADSL with iiNet, but over 6 months it has become slower and slower until it is now actually unusable. Customer service is OK, but have had multiple issues with account - exact same issue several times now that has been on their side, and has meant no internet our side. Even though will be stung with a $88 'cancelling within contract' fee, I've already started provisioning with another supplier.

Patrick Jon A.SpinTelSend a private message

Hi Napes, we strive to provide the best service to each and every customer. Clearly something went wrong here, leading to poor experience for you, can you private message me your account detail so we can investigate?

Buyer beware. Bye bye.

• Incentivised Review No
Reche m.SpinTelSend a private message

Hi A bit doughy, I'd like to apologise for the negative experience. I’d like to help resolve the issue. Can you private message me your account detail so we can investigate?

A bit doughy

my account is 147708. I will post a follow up comment to inform readers of the outcome.

Reche m.SpinTelSend a private message

Thank you for that information. I have forwarded this to the right team.

Illusions !

Nimisha S.SpinTelSend a private message

Hi Jan Mitchell, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue.

SteinSydney

Poor customer service

Con G.SpinTelSend a private message
Stein

I believe the last comment has proved my point.

Mobile Broadband Providers

Cheap, but you get what you pay for. Rubbish service, passable data and voice.

Mobile phone.
Fairly quick to connect, expect to be without data and phone for at least a day.
Support is very poor.
Communications via the company are poor.
Data is passable but noticeably slower than other major Telco's.
Voicemail works fine.
Slightly predatory in their outlook.

Linda S
Linda SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't hold your breath waiting for Spintel.

As some others have already said, spintel cusomter service is non-existent. Have been on hold for 90 mins for a query that should be on their website. I have emailed with the same query about a week ago and no response yet. Thinking I should cancel - all I want is a new SIM card for an iphone 6 which only they can provide.

Patrick
PatrickSydney

Spintel Mobile Phone - Sign Up if you want to be insane

I switch from Amaysim to Spintel due to Amaysim price increase. I like their plan that charges what I use only.

I think you should sign up only if you have big heart.
I activate the card on Monday 8AM, and have it ported by Wednesday 3PM. That's more than 48 hours.
I found out that my card is activated because my Amaysim has been deactivated, however the new Spintel is not capable or making calls or sms and has no data connection! I only able to receive calls.
Then I call the support, and being waited over 30 mins for them to investigate what's wrong.
Price inexpensive
Slow to activate, Slow customer service, terrible service

Emmie K.
Emmie K.asked

I'm currently with another provider for my landline, which has Priority Assist due to my heart issues. Can I keep my landline? ( ie not wanting VOIP phone). Also, I get variable speeds where I am - seems to be a bit of a black spot for mobile signals. It's not unusual for my download speeds to be around 1 Mbps, yet upload speed can be 14 to 15Mbps. My current provider has not been able to offer a reason for this. Obviously the speeds are worse (pages time out, server can't be found, etc etc) during peak usage times.

Mike R.
Mike R.asked

We've been with Spintel for a while now and generally speaking, have had no issues and are quite happy.

We did note that Spintel reported data usage and our device reported usage always seemed to vary by approx. 10-15GB each month. Whilst I'm fully aware that the device is not going to be 100% accurate, it was always spot on with the previous providers reported usage - Optus. The device is an Optus Mobile Broadband modem and approved by Spintel for use on their network.

I painstakingly downloaded three months of data usage reports from Spintel's website and noted an alarming issue - nearly 57 hours overlap of recording periods. It also roughly matches the discrepancy we noted in the device usage (which could be a coincidence).

I've approached Spintel on several occasions, who tell me that their records are correct. Concerned, I raised the issue with the TIO, who passed the concerns on to Spintel and again was met with an "our records are correct" response and an abundance of passive-aggressive replies from "Travis".

I've requested an explanation for the nearly 57 hours of overlaps for the reporting periods, however, they have not and appear to not want to acknowledge that it even occurs or provide an explanation.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Mike, The question you have raised is concerning us. Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account details so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case and will try to provide a resolution.

Regards,
Anoop

Geoffrey
Geoffreyasked

5g home

See all Spintel Mobile Broadband questions

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives