Spintel Mobile Broadband

Listing monitored by SpinTel

Shu
ShuSydney, NSW

Mobile broadband

It’s very handy you can take it anywhere with you. But it just didn’t work well in my house. It could be just my house gets really bad reception.
But the customer service was great. Quick response and very friendly staff. Thank you [Name Removed] for your help.

Patrick L.
Patrick L.North Western Region, NSW

From chaos, calm

Appreciate good customer service

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Very efficient sorting out a little glitch

Carol was able to sort out a little glitch which was making it difficult for me to change the mobile phone usage plan. A breath of fresh air after a little less than enthusiastic and responsive attempt from the first helper. It's so nice when someone understands the issue and fixes it, SIMPLE.

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Peta, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We are grateful to read about your experience with our support team.

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Spintel Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

Wayne
WayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Helpful

Was supposed to be able to activate my new sim card via the online portal.
This was not to be, no matter what I tried, it would keep coming up with 'SIM card not found, contact technical help (or similar).
Via the messenger window, I was contact with Elsa (No, not the Elsa from "Frozen") who was able to not only guide me through the setup, but also configure from where she was, the final activation of the SIM card.

Unfortunately, after activating the SIM card, it still would not work.
To cut a long story short, the mobile phone that I was using was "locked" to another network provider.

Luckily, via the network provider, I was able have the phone unlocked to use the SIM card, so all is working at the moment.

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Wayne, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We're really glad that your SpinTel service starts working after you have unlocked your phone which was locked to a different provider.
SpinTel Team

Plan increase not available until next month

John was incredibly helpful and great to chat with. I would've preferred if it was possible to change my plan now though, rather than having to wait until next month.

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Hollie, Thanks so much for writing a review of our service, we really appreciate it.
Cheers!
SpinTel Team

I've just activated my simcard so I can't really say yet.

I got helped by the customer service agent via WhatsApp and it was fantastic. It took time but it worked. I can't really say anything about the speed yet but hopefully it'll be good.

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Virginia, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We're grateful to read about your experience with our chat support team
Cheers!
SpinTel Team

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Ausinter
AusinterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Optus service does not work at my home but worked everywhere else.

After almost 9 years with Spintel for my home phone and NBN I changed my prepaid mobile with Telstra to Spintel post paid mobile plan. Unfortunately it worked everywhere else but in my home and the Optus server was not for me. The Customer Service Officers I dealt with on the phone were extremely helpful, knowledgeable and I especially want to thank Tim who went above and beyond when I had to go to another provider and they had trouble getting my phone number across to them. Thank you Tim for all your assistance.

Adam
AdamSydney, NSW

Good value for money

I've found Spintel mobile and mobile broadband plans to be generally among the best-value in Australia. No complaints with the quality of service - speed and uptime seem fine for me. Customer service has generally been good but a little slow. Only issue is that they do not keep existing customers informed of new plans becoming available. If they release a new plan with a better price for the same amount of data, they will happily keep you on your old (more expensive) plan unless you specifically request to change to the new one. Also, during my latest call I was repeatedly asked to leave a 5-star review, which I find to be unethical.

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Adam! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review.

Nima
NimaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Speed is not as good as expected and advertised.

The service is advertised as the speed up to 42Mbps, but I usually get less than 10Mbps and sometimes even 1Mbps. I rarely experience the speed of 14Mbps but not more than that. I wanted to upgrade my data allowance from 200GB to 500GB and I have to pay $10 shipping for a new SIM card which doesn't make sense. Another not so great thing about Spintel is the hours of the customer service which is 8 AM to 8 PM and if you have a problem after 8 PM there is no one can help.

ChathurangaM
ChathurangaMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New User

Cannot give an exact review as I just started using the sim. Will have to use it for some time to give a review with some honest opinions and suggestions

Patrick Jon A.SpinTelSend a private message

Hi ChathurangaM, I appreciate your comments. Once you've used the service, you can I revisit this site and post your review. Thanks.

Review collected in partnership with SpinTel

Clark
ClarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer service

Connection maximum download only 12mbps. It'll do. Compared to the competition of 80mbps. Big difference. Sent an email query and received an unacceptably rude email from Travis in the resolution team. Be warned, no empathy, compassion or basic customer service skills!

SpinTel
Reche m.SpinTelSend a private message

Hi Clark, I'd like to apologise for the negative experience. I’d like to help resolve the issue. Can you please email through your account details to social@spin.net.au. Thanks.

Vegemum
VegemumNSW, 2484

Average

• Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Spintel are Cheap but not for me

Middle of the road.

Dropouts, no reception in some areas with Optus, not Telstra. Unfair fee for declined autocharge of credit card - as you would not have expiry date and the 3 digits security number!!!

Review collected in partnership with SpinTel

Emmie K.
Emmie K.asked

I'm currently with another provider for my landline, which has Priority Assist due to my heart issues. Can I keep my landline? ( ie not wanting VOIP phone). Also, I get variable speeds where I am - seems to be a bit of a black spot for mobile signals. It's not unusual for my download speeds to be around 1 Mbps, yet upload speed can be 14 to 15Mbps. My current provider has not been able to offer a reason for this. Obviously the speeds are worse (pages time out, server can't be found, etc etc) during peak usage times.

Mike R.
Mike R.asked

We've been with Spintel for a while now and generally speaking, have had no issues and are quite happy.

We did note that Spintel reported data usage and our device reported usage always seemed to vary by approx. 10-15GB each month. Whilst I'm fully aware that the device is not going to be 100% accurate, it was always spot on with the previous providers reported usage - Optus. The device is an Optus Mobile Broadband modem and approved by Spintel for use on their network.

I painstakingly downloaded three months of data usage reports from Spintel's website and noted an alarming issue - nearly 57 hours overlap of recording periods. It also roughly matches the discrepancy we noted in the device usage (which could be a coincidence).

I've approached Spintel on several occasions, who tell me that their records are correct. Concerned, I raised the issue with the TIO, who passed the concerns on to Spintel and again was met with an "our records are correct" response and an abundance of passive-aggressive replies from "Travis".

I've requested an explanation for the nearly 57 hours of overlaps for the reporting periods, however, they have not and appear to not want to acknowledge that it even occurs or provide an explanation.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Mike, The question you have raised is concerning us. Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account details so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case and will try to provide a resolution.

Anoop

Geoffrey
Geoffreyasked

5g home

See all Spintel Mobile Broadband questions

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives