Spintel Mobile Broadband

Spintel Mobile Broadband

Listing monitored by SpinTel

Consultant incorrectly advised high speeds

When enquiring about the expected speeds the consultant advised 100mbps. Upon receiving the modem and numerous recommendations by subsequent consultants was still only getting 20mbps, slower than my current connection. I used it for one day and returned and cancelled the plan after further attempts did not make a difference. No refund was offered and had to pay for return and the following month's bill. Will definitely take screenshots and record if this happens again. I did get a refund eventually and that process was very seamless just a shame it's not done up front, had to wait for billing period to lapse other than that service was great.

Y Lo
Y LoSydney, NSW

Great customer service Xyra

My monthly bill was confusing but Xyra was very helpful and patient every step of the way. Thank you Xyra, this was a great customer service experience from the Spintel team!

Solved my problem

Joie was helpful and was able to clearly respond to my queries about my service. I was unsure about some of the charges and has issues with the app showing the wrong amount of data in the first month. This confusion was quickly cleared up and I hadn’t been charged any extra.

Helpful & pleasant staff

Didn’t receive a call back after requesting early morning online. Rang in 4pm & eventually spoke to Francis who handled my 2 requests professionally & friendly & solved both issues. Thank you Francis

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Spintel Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

Service experience

Connection with this service is reliable though we cant avoid some drop outs but its understandable, staff are friendly and good communicators, which i believe were mostly filipinos like me.

Quick whatsapp service

Rhea did a fantastic job of sorting out my account troubles. Very quick and friendly service. Whatsapp was super easy to use and quicker than the call line - sorted out my issue while i was at work.

Great

Carol was very good in assisting with mobile sim issues. Reliable connection and they really did their best to help. However the speed of customer service on the phone call does need to be improved.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
john
johnSydney Surrounds, NSW

very good service

very good service, if a problem it is attended to speedly
reliable connection minimal drop outs
the speed at speed test is very good on the whole very good and would have no hesitation in recommend it to friends

Help changing plans

Carol helped me extensively with changing my plans within the spintel network, she really got me where I needed to be in a short amount of time. She was quick with responses and was kind. #legend

Nicho
NichoSydney, NSW

Spintel was good value.

Spintel service was great over the past few years. Was good value for money and didn’t have any issues with coverage. Kylie was very informative when closing my account. Thank you

Luke
LukeHunter Region, NSW

I have had two issues with connectivity since joining, both from optus maintenance work. i could not speak highly enough about the service i received. Leister had me back up and running within minutes. Great job mate. Thank you.

hopefull
hopefullIllawarra, NSW

More than helpful as l a

John was very helpful as l am not really computer literate so it tool some patients on his part . However the objective was achieved due to his patience. Well done John.

It was good

My internet connection was good and it did what I needed to. When I was cancelling my service Kylie was very helpful and she made sure all my questions were answered.

• Incentivised Review No

thanks for fixing my account

Kylie thanks for your help with getting my account back on line and I am happy that you have been able to correct banking detais and allow my phone to be back online

thanks

Thank you kylie for your very helpful, factual advice and spintel are a very good service and i will repeat this to fill the thirty word statement thanks you again

Emmie K.
Emmie K.asked

I'm currently with another provider for my landline, which has Priority Assist due to my heart issues. Can I keep my landline? ( ie not wanting VOIP phone). Also, I get variable speeds where I am - seems to be a bit of a black spot for mobile signals. It's not unusual for my download speeds to be around 1 Mbps, yet upload speed can be 14 to 15Mbps. My current provider has not been able to offer a reason for this. Obviously the speeds are worse (pages time out, server can't be found, etc etc) during peak usage times.

Mike R.
Mike R.asked

We've been with Spintel for a while now and generally speaking, have had no issues and are quite happy.

We did note that Spintel reported data usage and our device reported usage always seemed to vary by approx. 10-15GB each month. Whilst I'm fully aware that the device is not going to be 100% accurate, it was always spot on with the previous providers reported usage - Optus. The device is an Optus Mobile Broadband modem and approved by Spintel for use on their network.

I painstakingly downloaded three months of data usage reports from Spintel's website and noted an alarming issue - nearly 57 hours overlap of recording periods. It also roughly matches the discrepancy we noted in the device usage (which could be a coincidence).

I've approached Spintel on several occasions, who tell me that their records are correct. Concerned, I raised the issue with the TIO, who passed the concerns on to Spintel and again was met with an "our records are correct" response and an abundance of passive-aggressive replies from "Travis".

I've requested an explanation for the nearly 57 hours of overlaps for the reporting periods, however, they have not and appear to not want to acknowledge that it even occurs or provide an explanation.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Official RepSpinTelSend a private message

Hi Mike, The question you have raised is concerning us. Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account details so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case and will try to provide a resolution.

Regards,
Anoop

Geoffrey
Geoffreyasked

5g home

See all Spintel Mobile Broadband questions

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives