Spintel NBN 12 (Basic 12)

Spintel NBN 12 (Basic 12)

3.9

• Adequate Speeds Yes (80%) · No (20%)

Julieto has upgraded it to 25..thanks mate

Julito was very helpful...a true professional...he sorted out our wireless problem...and offered us an upgrade....with so extra charges.
Yes yes yes yes I would recommend him.......absolutely...he has been great. Made my day...

Start DateJanuary 2010
Anika

AnikaPerth

Still with Spintel after almost a decade

I have always found Spintel customer service team to be polite, friendly, patient and helpful and take the time to sort the problem out on the spot. Recently I've been frustrated with not getting call backs regarding moving my service to a new location where my phone number was moved prematurely. But i finally got hold of the right person today to sort it out - thank you so much Michelle! As to my old Basic/200GB plan - has been good enough for regular internet and streaming, but since we started working and schooling from home have upgraded to 25/unlimited GB.

travmc

travmcGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good service

connection dropping out and completely stopping sometimes. So I spoke with Hazel today and she was very helpful and patient in trying to fix the problems for me it looks like my dsl cord maybe has some issue but is still working sometimes.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Spintel NBN 12 (Basic 12) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fine for normal use -

Watching live sport has frustrating spots ,otherwise reasonable
Problem solving today was 100% on a matter that to me was a complete unknown. A a a a a a a a

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateJuly 2018
Neil

NeilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Modem Failure

I was speaking to a lady by the name of Flora or something similiar. It was at about 15:45 (AEST) today, Tuesday, Feb. 18. Her phone manner was excellent and she got my problem sorted after days and days of trying to get in contact when my modem failed. My account No. is 046366

Anoop M.SpinTel

Wonderful to hear, Neil. Thanks so much for your review, we're grateful to read about your experience with our service and our support team. We've passed your feedback on to the support team manager.

Bruce

BrucePerth, WA

Spintel support is horrible

Start DateMarch 2019
Contract Type24-month contract
Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Bruce, Kindly request you to respond via private message with your SpinTel account number so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case.

Regards!

Nara

NaraVictoria

Good value

Start DateAugust 2017
Contract Type18-month contract

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Since the upgrade hopefully better, we will see

lots of dropouts
great service to rectify, great staff, very polite and helpful.
I have upgraded to a faster speed and hopefully that will help as well as the modem software upgrade Spintel did.

Chris

#095892 it is still dropping out and will not connect to secure websites. My son talked to a representative today but I and he think that the modem is faulty.
regards Christine Martin

Better than expected

The connection was really easy to set up. After hearing about many bad experiences with NBN I was very happy with this service. Spintel service was excellent, call backs on time, and no long waits.

Start DateSeptember 2019
Contract Type6-month contract
Anoop M.SpinTel

We love having you onboard too! Thanks so much for the review, Suzanne, we are glad that you are enjoying both our service and our support.

Review collected in partnership with SpinTel

it provides what I need

I have no problems with the service. When I did have a problem with my service, SpinTel fixed it up straight away without wasting my time. One of SpinTel support team even told me how I could improve my service with no extra cost. I am very happy. Thank you SpinTel.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateSeptember 2019
Anoop M.SpinTel

Thanks so much, CharlieV! We really appreciate your review. We are glad that you are enjoying both our service and our support. We have passed your feedback on to the support team.

Review collected in partnership with SpinTel

Pretty good

I have had a few problems with the internet connection but the issues have always been solved through their customer service over the phone. Long waiting time unfortunately so I have used the call-back system which has worked ok.

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Peter, Thanks for your review. We are glad that you are happy with our call-back system for contacting the support team.

Vikki

VikkiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Should have changed to NBN sooner

I cannot believe how good our WIFI is now, since changing from ADSL 2 to NBN. It's 10 times as fast as it used to be. Everything was up & running on the scheduled day of connection before lunch time. After listening to so much negative reviews about the NBN, I was so pleasantly surprised & wished I had done this months ago. Thank you so much. :-)

Anoop M.SpinTel

Thanks so much, Vikki! We really appreciate your review.

Joyce Newell

Joyce NewellSouth East Queensland, QLD

good value

the service is faster and more reliable than previously if there is an issue it has been dealt with very professionally it is excellent value and I would recommend spintel to anyone

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Joyce, Thanks for your time in posting the valuable review. We're glad you're enjoying both our service and our support.

Sam

SamSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Unreliable, slow, rude.

The connection speed is WAY below what is promised, but Spintel denies all responsibility. Customer service is rude and unprofessional. I had to change to a different provider to get proper connection speed and service.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Slow, slow, slow.

The typical speed for the basic plan is 3-4mb/sec at anytime of day, and never higher than 6 mb/sec. Spintel could increase the bandwidth, but they refuse, saying their only obligation is to provide data, not connection speed. I highly recommend that you find another company even if it costs a few $ more.

July 30th 2019 Update: Ignore the fake positive reviews. Stay away.

This cheapskate company cannot deliver on its promises. The connection speeds are a fraction of what they advertise. They make you wait forever on the phone, nothing gets fixed, and you must start all over again. Avoid.

Start DateApril 2016
Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Architect, Kindly request you to provide your SpinTel account number as a private message to investigate further.

Regards!

kate

kateWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I never have problems with this service great value for money.

Great reliable service, never experience drop outs, it's the best company ive ever used. Price is great too. I would definitely recommend them. If I need to contact them its usually a 5 minute wait or they ring you back.

Start DateApril 2017
Anoop M.SpinTel

Thanks so much, Kate! We really appreciate your review. We're glad that you're enjoying both our service and our support.

Good value for money

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateSeptember 2015
Anoop M.SpinTel

Great products at an acceptable price point

I’ve used Spintel for about two years , first with ADSL and now the NBN . I’ve found their service to be reliable and the products priced reasonably. Customer service has been relatively prompt and clear with the next steps.

NBN speeds have been close to what’s advertised - though this really depends on the contention in your area and time of day- I expect this will be the case with any provider though

I live in Wavell Heights , Qld and haven’t had any noticeable outages with my service from Spintel.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateFebruary 2017
Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Raymond, Thanks so much for the review. We're glad that you find our plans reasonable and enjoying both our service and our support.

Lungby

LungbyMelbourne

Good internet speed

The speed I've experienced from Spintel nbn is as advertised (12mbs) even at peak times in the evenings. They helped me set up my existing modem and I recieved a discount for being referred by a friend. My only criticism is it can take a long time for their customer service to answer the phone, but they do have a callback option.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateApril 2019

Great product

Since i've been on Spintel the service has been faultless, no buffering when watching Netflix or catchup TV. When i contacted Spintel to ask about my account they were polite and helpful and resolved any issue i had.

Anoop M.SpinTel

Thanks so much, Vern! We really appreciate your review. We are glad to hear that our customer service team has been friendly and easy to communicate with.