Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25)

Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) (page 2 of 2)

Listing monitored by SpinTel

1.8
  • Adequate Speeds Yes · No (36)
Unhappy Spintel Customer
Unhappy Spintel Customer

Internet service doesn't work and their own status page never updates to inform of an outage.

Internet outage last night and seems to occur every month an internet outage that also causes telephone system outage and spintels own status page sees no problem and customers are left with no internet services. Lousy Internet service provider with no updates and misinformation. Poor service provider spintel.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Mitch
MitchGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless

Don’t even know what to say anymore. Absolutely useless. Internet still going in and out of connection all evening everyday.
I thought nbn was the future....3rd world countries have better internet than this. I’m sick of being on the phone to you guys it’s a waste of my days and time and no one on the other end knows what to bloody do anyway. Ridiculous

Start DateJanuary 2018

Terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Our household upgraded to the NBN plan, and it has been an absolute headache. The connection is so poor that it can barely handle an Instragram feed, not to mention Netflix or a video conference. Myself and my housemates are using mobile data more often than not, which has caused our bills to skyrocket. Above all else, the customer service team has not been willing to provide real support, and are insisting that I purchase additional equipment to run tests on their behalf (at my own expense). We have been held to random by a provider who fails to provide a basic internet connection during a global pandemic.
Really disappointing, Spintel. Really, really disappointing.

Start DateApril 2020
alto
altoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

don't deliver what they presume

Usually I spend 80 gb a month, signed up for 200 gb, somehow got out of allowance in 20 days, my router Archer MR200 showed that only spend 38 gb. called customer service lots of time with no luck! stay away from this nbn service if you don't wanna have headaches

Start DateMarch 2020
Internet Service Providers

Find out how Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) compares to other Internet Service Providers

nugget34
nugget34

Terrible

Was a spintel customer for numerous years, always with terrible speeds of around 3 to 4 mbs but spintel compensated this with a cheaper price, come March 2020 without any notification was charged full price plan with no further discounts for the future with the same poor speed on a 25mbs plan, incompetent technical support who told me service was perfect, less than 25% of plan speed is far from perfect, customer service is and has always been poor, wouldnt recommend spintel at full price.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Start DateOctober 2012
Contract Type12-month contract
KINGSFORD 2032
KINGSFORD 2032

Poor Customer Service

6/4/2020 waiting for tech to arrive 8am to 12pm to finish NBN connection. 1pm NO SHOW! Been on the telephone from 11am and am sick to death of hold music. Also left number for a call back over 2hrs ago.

Pbk
PbkSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst customer care experiment I ever experienced

I have e been trying to get connected to spintel technical team to resolve e my speed issues, but it didn't happen despite me being on phone waiting in the queue for about 6 hours over 3 times. I also left both me and my partner mobiles to call back for a couple of times. We did receive calls back and was told that we have a wait time of 65 mins once, 37 mins once and the call got disconnexted after waiting on the line for 1.20hrs. Still no luck to get in touch with the technical team. Worst customer service I would say.

Start DateOctober 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Ten h
Ten hCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Awful company

Had so much trouble with this company continuously. Was supposed to have nbn connected and they kept cancelling the order and said the house was under construction when I had been living in the house for 4 weeks decided to go with another company after continuously phone calls and been told the house is still under construction they where still send out emails and text messages informing me the next appointment for nbn was booked for another 3 weeks time. The company is terrible to deal with when calling you can be put on hold for 40 minutes at any time. Stay away pay the extra money and go with another company

Start DateJanuary 2020
Kqm1234
Kqm1234

Not working for over 24 hours, no response from Spintel.

My internet randomly stopped working yesterday. I’ve reset it and left it for a few hours to sort itself out. That was now over 24 hours ago. I’ve been on hold with Spintel for the past 2.5 hours, been hung up on twice after being told I’m first in line, and received no missed calls from them, yet somehow they leave blank audio messages in my voicemail. I’ve tried all other available avenues for communication with no success. I now have to pay extra because I had to work using my phone internet over the weekend, and I know they won’t compensate for that!

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateNovember 2019
Internet Service Providers

MelbourneGalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrific service - AVOID

I am in the middle of attempting to connect NBN FTTP - literally all they need to do to connect my service is flick a switch.

Connection should take 2 hours max. It's been 48 hours, I've called several times, each time I've been spoken to like a moron, given excuse after excuse and stories about "provisioning team" and 5 business day connection timeframe.

If this is how to do business, it's a wonder you're still IN business.

Start DateDecember 2019
SpinTel
Official RepSpinTel
Unhappy
Unhappy

Worst service ever!

was promised a connection date. Days after still no internet. Keep being told it's with provision team. I would hate to see what they are like if there were actual internet problems, but they can't actually even manage my connection.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
SpinTel