Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25)

Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) (page 3 of 6)

Listing monitored by SpinTel

• Adequate Speeds Yes (60) · No (40)

Neville MADDEN
Neville MADDENDarling Downs, QLD

Works OK in the field, away from civilisation

I only use it to download satellite images in the field. Never had any problems. So why do you need more than 30 words for something the customer is happy with!

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Neville, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We're really glad that you're enjoying the service.

Cheers!

oldguy
oldguySydney, NSW

Fixed after a few days

Jenny was good once we got around to addressing the problem. Our internet worked all the time but the home NBN phone had stopped.Jenny advised it was no longer synchronised - whatever that means. She was able to get it going quickly.

Bad service

Constant issues that take days to fix. Unable to speak to technical support apart from through chat function. This is then very frustrating as they ask a basic question, you respond straight away, then you have to wait over 10 minutes for them to get back to your conversation. Then they ask another basic question where you respond and wait another 10 minutes. For them to return to the conversation. After 2 hours which I generally don’t have I give up without a fix. I am moving to a provider that I can talk to on the phone to help.

Jibz
JibzSydney, NSW

Service support

My NBN wasn't working. I contacted Spintel on whatsapp and sent pictures of my modem and NBN connection box. Joie was able to figure out the problem just from my text message and solved it in a minute. I have always found Spintel very responsive whenever I have contacted them via Whatsapp.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Jibz, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Chat Support experience with us in a review. We're really glad that you're enjoying the service.

Cheers!

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Jamie
Jamie

Spintel - slow speeds, poor customer service

Excellent Service

Spintel connected the NBN on the same day it was ordered with no issues or setup problems. With their month to month plans it suits my needs perfectly. Connection is stable and very close to advertised speed.

Dan KSouth East Queensland, QLD

terrible - get what you pay for

They completely stuff me around and didn't know how to configure my modem and gave me the wrong info when I called them. After 48 hours later my internet finally was connected. I should have stuck with Aussie Broadband for $10 a month more.

Dan K

Another substandard response from a substandard nbn provider. Your own ‘technical reps’ couldn’t even help configure anything. I will be closing my accounts with spintel. Thanks for nothing.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
gpython61
gpython61South East Queensland, QLD

Was excellent value for money at 200gb (I still have this data limit), less so now new customers are limited to 100gb.

The speed of my 25/5 connection is more than adequate for my quite limited usage of the internet.

As I am on a Hybrid Fibre Coaxial connection, it is and always has been very reliable. On the few occasions I have had any problems, SpinTel quickly worked to have them corrected.

Official RepSpinTel

Still waiting on connection but great service from Rob!!

Waiting for a technician to investigate my DSL line but Rob has been super helpful and responsive helping me troubleshoot the problem on my end. Great customer service, much appreciated.

samboy_molly
samboy_mollyCentral West, NSW

Pretty Good!

I’ve been with Spintel for a bit over 5 years now. They have great prices and also they are always helpful if you need assistance. I’m proud to say I back Spintel and definitely recommend them.

For internet on a budget this is a great choice!

Official RepSpinTel

Long-term user of Spintel finds it OK in terms of reliability and cost

I've been with Spintel for almost three years (had ADSL before and then NBN now) and haven't had many issues with their service. I'm usually patient with their customer service team and usually everything gets sorted if you're patient and call them. Today, I tried to upgrade my NBN plan and Mercy was the 3rd person I had to speak to to simply put a simple upgrade through. She was very clear and sorted out my order. I'm happy to recommend Spintel, but won't hesitate to say that there are hiccups. At the end of the day, it's OK.

Desmond
DesmondPerth, WA

Works as advertised, service is prompt

- I switched to Spintel fairly recently and haven't had any issues thus far. The connection was activated fairly quickly (3 days), and so far the speeds have been as advertised.
- I chatted with Xyra & Jenny (on two separate occassions), they were prompt to answer my questions, and were kind enough to facilitate a quick resolution.
- However, I do believe that they don't give you a static IP, there's an extra charge per month for it, so you might want to check up on this before you subscribe.

Great value

Great value, easy set up, steady and fast connection. Getting through on the phone was hard, opted for a call back and got called back and placed in cue again.

Frequent disconnections

The service provided was poor, and frequently experiences disconnections. When tech support is questioned, they tried to push the issue to NBN. A quick check on the NBN website and SpinTel's website clearly shows that the issue is with SpinTel rather than NBN. Furthermore, they disconnected my service 4 hours before it was supposed to (end March). Disappointing.

Official RepSpinTel

Early days services activated only today

Can't make any comment as the service just started for the first time.
Not much to say, Service appears to be OK but can only give any helpful feed back in 2 to 3 weeks time

Official RepSpinTel

Thanks so much, Ashok! We really appreciate your review. Customer feedbacks are always welcome and this will help us in improving anything related to our service.

Regards,

Helen
Helen

Bell was great helping me get connected. Thank you.

It was hard to get connected because I have an Iinet modem but all good now thanks to Bell.
I think I will be happy.
I have just got connected so don't really know yet.

Anon
AnonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Few drop outs but otherwise great.

Had some issues with the technician getting it up and running but worked it out for me. Laura in the defaults department was super helpful and consistent in checking up on the status of my internet. I have had a few drop outs but can be rectified by just turning the modem off and on again

Michael D.
Michael D.Hunter Region, NSW

Customer service is good!

Rob was very helpful in providing assistance on my VOIP issue. There was no actual issue with the SpinTel service, it was just a router setting but he was quite happy to help and eager. Thanks Rob.

Waste of time

Terrible experience, they postponed my nbn installation 4 weeks for no reason and the costumer service doesn't give any explanation. I cancelled the plan for obvious reason and the give up to 48 hours to make this, guess who didn't. They didn't cancelled the plan and for that I can't get another appointment for installation with other company.
Thanks Spintel for wasting my time

Pablo A.
Pablo A.

I already cancelled the account and got other company for the service.

jr

Worst internet provider I've dealt with in decades as an IT professional

Paul F.Perth, WA

Shocking service so far!!!

Paul F.

I've gone to iinet & the internet hasn't faulted me once so blaming the NBN is a cop out! You're a terrible internet provider & not providing me a refund is totally wrong considering I wasn't able to use the internet!

Download and upload speeds are good, ping varies in quality.

I noticed a few weeks ago that my ping was higher. Not the median ping, but actually the minimum ping went from around 20 to around 40, even when there was no jitter. This was happening throughout the entire day. I talked to 3 people but they all somehow thought it was a local problem, even though this behaviour began after a dropout at spintel's end. They suggested nonsense such as obtaining a new modem. Rob called me, and we discussed the matter. He realised that it was not a local problem, and talked to the NBN team about it. A week later the problem appears to have been resolved. It is really rare to see someone care so much about the customer.

Scott P.
Scott P.Sydney, NSW

So far, so good. No complaints.

Upgraded from ADSL, to NBN. Speed is much better so far. Carol from customer service was very helpful. And even fixed a billing issue, once I realized I was double billed for ADSL and NBN.

Abin C.
Abin C.Sydney, NSW

Good customer service and excellent value for the price.

Overall experience with Spintel is good. I had issue with the Modem. Mercy , belle and team helped us to fix this and have replaced with a new one with no extra cost. Mercy was patient and kind enough to explain over phone. Spintel valued their customers and provided excellent service so far.

No.. Having Referred over 100 plus new customers And No Service for US

I find it very hard to believe after all the 100 plus We have referred to Spintel and Never accepting the Bonus of $50. I am now an in the situation of our additional new premises and service in Rowville... Its still not working... at this stage i would like to thank you Rob for your time..With your Back House. And Having been on the phone today 25/02/2021 for over 90 mins.. thats really Poor.. no one answered just a recording.... and when you press 1.. no one called me back.. its now 9pm