Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25)

Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) (page 4 of 6)

Listing monitored by SpinTel

• Adequate Speeds Yes (60) · No (40)

Ruby B.Sydney, NSW

Ignored and ridiculous cancellation fee

Ruby B.

Hi Anoop, thank you for your reply. Yes I would like to cancel.
Thanks for your help

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Ruby, I have processed your cancellation request and you will receive a notification once it's completed.

Good service. Cheapest deal until Epic Broadband came along!

Speed is as advertised, customer/technical service reliable. Started off with hiccups but it was dealt with as best as they knew how (although I think they should try to win customers' confidence better) To be fair, it wasn't entirely their fault, it was NBN's but a bit more effort to care for customers' dilemma would have been nice. Overall, I'm happy with Spintel.

Good service

The phone customer service was very helpful, Rob went the extra mile to make sure our NBN connection was running and up to speed. NBN box came a little later than expected, but mostly very helpful team.

LazSydney, NSW

Can live without it

Laz

You keep talking but there's no private message that I can see

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Joe
JoeSydney, NSW

Bureaucratic clap-trap, same as always

RodNew South Wales

Caution

Cheap but caused more loss when the internet went down. I couldn't work from home for days. Also quality is bad, had to dial in from my own phone when having meetings online.
Support is rediculous. They do everything to deny the issue. And they are very slow.
They blamed my router, asked me to reset it, then I connected the laptop directly, still didn't work. Then asked me to purchase a new router which I did. Then they proposed that I buy their own router and wait till it ships.
I reverted back to my old Mate communicate subscription and life went back to normal.

Official RepSpinTel

Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account number so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case.

Regards,
Anoop

Phil
Phil

Good basic service well supported

Connection of FTTC is generally sound and using the basic 25/5 services suits my needs. I regularly test the speed and it is rarely below the expectations of 22/4 MBS.
I rate their support service very highly and recommend them above many of the larger corporate ISPs.

Official RepSpinTel

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Patient advice for new NBN client

The NBN installation at my mother-in-law's retirement home was delayed several weeks because the NBN didn't have her address on file. When it was finally installed, she was already stressed out and struggling to make her emergency medical phone work. I called Michelle at Spintel, who could see what was happening from her side and who patiently talked my mother-in-law and me through the setup.

Customer sevice

Spoke to Joe then Tim regarding the sudden loss of service.
Joe identified the problem in a very professional and timely manner.
Tim assisted in solving the problem to my complete satisfaction..

Waiting for the connection at this time

Raphael
RaphaelSydney, NSW

Great service and reliable so far

Spintel was communicating with me from the day I ordered their 25/5 NBN plan till my NBN was installed. Luckily I had Optus cable before and the installers could pull the new cable in via the old cable and thus minimise any drilling mess etc. Overall satisfied with the NBN however their evening speed can be lower than their advertised 21 Mbps at times.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Raphael, Thanks so much for writing a review on our service, we really appreciate it.

Cheers!
SpinTel Team

DenSydney

Wasted a lot of my time

Connection is ok so far, though it's only been about 2 weeks.
But the staff don't know what they are doing or can't use their own system properly. They keep fixing and screwing up the same billing issues all over again. And then again. And again. And when you think it must be finally over they do it again. No other company wasted so much of my time in such a short period of time ever before. And they start in advance, long before the connection is activated. Annoy your customer must be a core company value.

Hi Anoop,
As of now there's nothing to resolve, but no one can give me back the wasted time and nerves.

Internet down for 10 days no assistance from staff even when I have my mobile with them.

Been with Spintel for a few years now both with my mobile phone & NBN. Mostly no problems until recently. Now, no NBN internet for 10 days and counting. Spintel wont assist with extra phone data while their service is down. Also, no update as to what the problem is or when it may be fixed.

MrVal1
MrVal1South East Queensland, QLD

Great NBN so far, and hassle free to order and sign up.

I have only had this service a short time, but so far it is working very well and has proven reliable and consistent.

The SpinTel Customer Service chap (Julieto) was very efficient and knew his stuff, he helped make placing the order very easy.
Now I do not know if this is, or is not an offshore call centre, I really could not tell, it all went very smoothly, and Julieto was very easy to understand.

The final physical nbn connection at my place was on time and also went smoothly.

Regular testing of the connection speed both down and up have proven to be very close to the 25/5 plan speed so far.

So far I am one happy chappy.

Larry
Larry

Nice help desk staff, Dodgy company

Okay it's not the speed that was sub standard. It's that they hide options and buttons on the modems you purchased outright from them. Then deny it. I work in I.T. and unlocked the modem they said wasn't locked.

dont understand
dont understandGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I am happy with what I have. I am not using internet very often now. I am also happy that phone is now working.

Marjorie my helper at Spintel Technical Support was really good. Thank you Majorie for getting my e-mails. You were so patient and helpful. Sandra Brunton happy client. I had Carol help me this week. Very helpful. Thankyou

Tejas Mistry
Tejas MistrySydney, NSW

Don't trapped on law price. One of slowest Nbn in Australia

I have chosen spintel due to cheapest price I get trapped initially i have chosen 50mbps speed with extra costs but speed never go beyond 25mbps almost half and in pick hours even lots worse. Last month I have changed speed to 25mbps and I m getting speed around 4 Mbps when I have contact customers service only options is to chat from overseas and always say your cable speed are good but never took interest to short out problems.
I have also faced no internet some day when I have compliant and requested for refund for not service day they simply ignore.
Very Very cheap customers service.
Please avoid overseas really customers service fraudulent nbn service providers

enjeti
enjetiSydney

Persistent Follow Up With NBN Co

Though it took four days for service activation by NBN, Spintel persistently followed up with NBN to get to the end goal. Now the hope is it performs at the speeds it has been advertised to operate at, namely 25 mbps / 5 mbps.

Loko
LokoSydney, NSW

Garbage service STAY away!!!

Rubbish company, have been with them for a year nothing but drop outs and just a nightmare asked to leave to a different provider but spinrubish have done anything possible to make it impossible to port my service. Very very poor. Stay away and take your business elsewhere.

Albert
Albert

Don't think any of the problems are Spin-problems. Both NBN and both Mobiles.

1. Last week discovered together with Spin Technical (very good) support that a NBN password was not upgraded after a house relocation 2 weeks ago. Now 100% rectified.
2.Don't know yet if this prior to the total breakdown caused the many outings I suffered. Nearly cancelled Netflix.
3. The many mobile phone outages, I would say are Optus problems.Transmitter goes of the air, zero bars on the phones. From a few minutes to hours.
4. In few of the above issues, maybe 5G is the answer?
Cheers
Albert Voorthuis

Works really well!

Reliable connection. We are very pleased with our Spintel experience and their technical support team are fantastic! Michelle assisted me to set up relocation of my NBN - she was great

JJC
JJCSydney, NSW

A company has no common sense! A simple issue that has not been resolved since being identified for three months.

David M.
David M.South-East, TAS

A bit slow, but I'm happy with it

I have only had it for one week. speeds never reached 5mps. I contacted the tech team and they phoned me 3 times and did adjustments their end. now I get 8 - 9mps and even one at 10. This is still a long way from their claimed 21mps. I have tried 3 different speed test sites....Spintel 10.1mps Fast.com 10mps Ookla 22.08mps!!!!! Cheap monthly payments and free phone calls......I wont change.

Adrian G.
Adrian G.

NBN 25 drops all the time and they cannot fix it

GEE-SHOCK
GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

Initial connection was a pain.

Hak
HakSydney, NSW

Responsive problem solving.

NBN dropped out on evening of Monday 8th Sep 2020, came back after 2hrs. Then I notice voip phone not working. Tried to report problem by email to Spintel, but it bounced. Then sent WhatsApp. Got reply Tuesday, with instructions to try. Now all working.