Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25)

Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by SpinTel

• Adequate Speeds Yes (49) · No (3)

Wayne Chan
Wayne Chan

Spintel support

Just start with Spintel, Bring My Modem (ZTE from Exetel) NBN internet connection is okay, but VoiP is not working. Spintel support, especially Amy, provided professional advice and is enthusiastically helpful, appreciated. But still the VoiP issues cannot be solved and have to use the Netcomm modem from Spintel at last.
The speedtest to all Australian servers are excellent but to overseas servers are very slow, some US servers can only archived 4-6Mb download speed.

Official RepSpinTel

Wonderful to hear, Wayne. Thanks so much for your review, we are grateful to read about your experience with our service and our support team. We have passed your feedback on to the support team manager.

Neville MADDEN
Neville MADDENDarling Downs, QLD

Works OK in the field, away from civilisation

I only use it to download satellite images in the field. Never had any problems. So why do you need more than 30 words for something the customer is happy with!

Connection TypeWireless
Official RepSpinTel

Hi Neville, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We're really glad that you're enjoying the service.

oldguy
oldguySydney, NSW

Fixed after a few days

Jenny was good once we got around to addressing the problem. Our internet worked all the time but the home NBN phone had stopped.Jenny advised it was no longer synchronised - whatever that means. She was able to get it going quickly.

Jibz
JibzSydney, NSW

Service support

My NBN wasn't working. I contacted Spintel on whatsapp and sent pictures of my modem and NBN connection box. Joie was able to figure out the problem just from my text message and solved it in a minute. I have always found Spintel very responsive whenever I have contacted them via Whatsapp.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Jibz, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Chat Support experience with us in a review. We're really glad that you're enjoying the service.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Spintel NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Excellent Service

Spintel connected the NBN on the same day it was ordered with no issues or setup problems. With their month to month plans it suits my needs perfectly. Connection is stable and very close to advertised speed.

gpython61
gpython61South East Queensland, QLD

Was excellent value for money at 200gb (I still have this data limit), less so now new customers are limited to 100gb.

The speed of my 25/5 connection is more than adequate for my quite limited usage of the internet.

As I am on a Hybrid Fibre Coaxial connection, it is and always has been very reliable. On the few occasions I have had any problems, SpinTel quickly worked to have them corrected.

Official RepSpinTel

Still waiting on connection but great service from Rob!!

Waiting for a technician to investigate my DSL line but Rob has been super helpful and responsive helping me troubleshoot the problem on my end. Great customer service, much appreciated.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Official RepSpinTel

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
samboy_molly
samboy_mollyCentral West, NSW

Pretty Good!

I’ve been with Spintel for a bit over 5 years now. They have great prices and also they are always helpful if you need assistance. I’m proud to say I back Spintel and definitely recommend them.

For internet on a budget this is a great choice!

Official RepSpinTel

Long-term user of Spintel finds it OK in terms of reliability and cost

I've been with Spintel for almost three years (had ADSL before and then NBN now) and haven't had many issues with their service. I'm usually patient with their customer service team and usually everything gets sorted if you're patient and call them. Today, I tried to upgrade my NBN plan and Mercy was the 3rd person I had to speak to to simply put a simple upgrade through. She was very clear and sorted out my order. I'm happy to recommend Spintel, but won't hesitate to say that there are hiccups. At the end of the day, it's OK.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Desmond
DesmondPerth, WA

Works as advertised, service is prompt

- I switched to Spintel fairly recently and haven't had any issues thus far. The connection was activated fairly quickly (3 days), and so far the speeds have been as advertised.
- I chatted with Xyra & Jenny (on two separate occassions), they were prompt to answer my questions, and were kind enough to facilitate a quick resolution.
- However, I do believe that they don't give you a static IP, there's an extra charge per month for it, so you might want to check up on this before you subscribe.

Great value

Great value, easy set up, steady and fast connection. Getting through on the phone was hard, opted for a call back and got called back and placed in cue again.

Official RepSpinTel

Early days services activated only today

Can't make any comment as the service just started for the first time.
Not much to say, Service appears to be OK but can only give any helpful feed back in 2 to 3 weeks time

Official RepSpinTel

Thanks so much, Ashok! We really appreciate your review. Customer feedbacks are always welcome and this will help us in improving anything related to our service.

Regards,

Helen
Helen

Bell was great helping me get connected. Thank you.

It was hard to get connected because I have an Iinet modem but all good now thanks to Bell.
I think I will be happy.
I have just got connected so don't really know yet.

Anon
AnonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Few drop outs but otherwise great.

Had some issues with the technician getting it up and running but worked it out for me. Laura in the defaults department was super helpful and consistent in checking up on the status of my internet. I have had a few drop outs but can be rectified by just turning the modem off and on again

Michael D.
Michael D.Hunter Region, NSW

Customer service is good!

Rob was very helpful in providing assistance on my VOIP issue. There was no actual issue with the SpinTel service, it was just a router setting but he was quite happy to help and eager. Thanks Rob.

Official RepSpinTel

Download and upload speeds are good, ping varies in quality.

I noticed a few weeks ago that my ping was higher. Not the median ping, but actually the minimum ping went from around 20 to around 40, even when there was no jitter. This was happening throughout the entire day. I talked to 3 people but they all somehow thought it was a local problem, even though this behaviour began after a dropout at spintel's end. They suggested nonsense such as obtaining a new modem. Rob called me, and we discussed the matter. He realised that it was not a local problem, and talked to the NBN team about it. A week later the problem appears to have been resolved. It is really rare to see someone care so much about the customer.

Scott P.
Scott P.Sydney, NSW

So far, so good. No complaints.

Upgraded from ADSL, to NBN. Speed is much better so far. Carol from customer service was very helpful. And even fixed a billing issue, once I realized I was double billed for ADSL and NBN.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Abin C.
Abin C.Sydney, NSW

Good customer service and excellent value for the price.

Overall experience with Spintel is good. I had issue with the Modem. Mercy , belle and team helped us to fix this and have replaced with a new one with no extra cost. Mercy was patient and kind enough to explain over phone. Spintel valued their customers and provided excellent service so far.

Fork in an outlet
Fork in an outletSouth East Queensland, QLD

Frequent outages, but dedicated customer support

The connection itself is incredibly unreliable, we're having issues weekly at minimum. But despite the issues with the service itself, I can only sing the praises of the customer support team that always goes above and beyond to resolve our problems. Thanks Joie!

Official RepSpinTel

Good service. Cheapest deal until Epic Broadband came along!

Speed is as advertised, customer/technical service reliable. Started off with hiccups but it was dealt with as best as they knew how (although I think they should try to win customers' confidence better) To be fair, it wasn't entirely their fault, it was NBN's but a bit more effort to care for customers' dilemma would have been nice. Overall, I'm happy with Spintel.

Good service

The phone customer service was very helpful, Rob went the extra mile to make sure our NBN connection was running and up to speed. NBN box came a little later than expected, but mostly very helpful team.

Phil
Phil

Good basic service well supported

Connection of FTTC is generally sound and using the basic 25/5 services suits my needs. I regularly test the speed and it is rarely below the expectations of 22/4 MBS.
I rate their support service very highly and recommend them above many of the larger corporate ISPs.

Official RepSpinTel

Patient advice for new NBN client

The NBN installation at my mother-in-law's retirement home was delayed several weeks because the NBN didn't have her address on file. When it was finally installed, she was already stressed out and struggling to make her emergency medical phone work. I called Michelle at Spintel, who could see what was happening from her side and who patiently talked my mother-in-law and me through the setup.

Customer sevice

Spoke to Joe then Tim regarding the sudden loss of service.
Joe identified the problem in a very professional and timely manner.
Tim assisted in solving the problem to my complete satisfaction..

Waiting for the connection at this time

Raphael
RaphaelSydney, NSW

Great service and reliable so far

Spintel was communicating with me from the day I ordered their 25/5 NBN plan till my NBN was installed. Luckily I had Optus cable before and the installers could pull the new cable in via the old cable and thus minimise any drilling mess etc. Overall satisfied with the NBN however their evening speed can be lower than their advertised 21 Mbps at times.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Raphael, Thanks so much for writing a review on our service, we really appreciate it.