Spintel Internet NBN 25/5 (Standard 25)

Spintel Internet NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by SpinTel

• Adequate Speeds Yes (44) · No (2)

samboy_molly
samboy_mollyCentral West, NSW

Pretty Good!

I’ve been with Spintel for a bit over 5 years now. They have great prices and also they are always helpful if you need assistance. I’m proud to say I back Spintel and definitely recommend them.

For internet on a budget this is a great choice!

Official RepSpinTel

Long-term user of Spintel finds it OK in terms of reliability and cost

I've been with Spintel for almost three years (had ADSL before and then NBN now) and haven't had many issues with their service. I'm usually patient with their customer service team and usually everything gets sorted if you're patient and call them. Today, I tried to upgrade my NBN plan and Mercy was the 3rd person I had to speak to to simply put a simple upgrade through. She was very clear and sorted out my order. I'm happy to recommend Spintel, but won't hesitate to say that there are hiccups. At the end of the day, it's OK.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Desmond
DesmondPerth, WA

Works as advertised, service is prompt

- I switched to Spintel fairly recently and haven't had any issues thus far. The connection was activated fairly quickly (3 days), and so far the speeds have been as advertised.
- I chatted with Xyra & Jenny (on two separate occassions), they were prompt to answer my questions, and were kind enough to facilitate a quick resolution.
- However, I do believe that they don't give you a static IP, there's an extra charge per month for it, so you might want to check up on this before you subscribe.

Great value

Great value, easy set up, steady and fast connection. Getting through on the phone was hard, opted for a call back and got called back and placed in cue again.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Spintel Internet NBN 25/5 (Standard 25) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Early days services activated only today

Can't make any comment as the service just started for the first time.
Not much to say, Service appears to be OK but can only give any helpful feed back in 2 to 3 weeks time

Official RepSpinTel

Thanks so much, Ashok! We really appreciate your review. Customer feedbacks are always welcome and this will help us in improving anything related to our service.

Regards,
SpinTel Team

Helen
Helen

Bell was great helping me get connected. Thank you.

It was hard to get connected because I have an Iinet modem but all good now thanks to Bell.
I think I will be happy.
I have just got connected so don't really know yet.

Anon
AnonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Few drop outs but otherwise great.

Had some issues with the technician getting it up and running but worked it out for me. Laura in the defaults department was super helpful and consistent in checking up on the status of my internet. I have had a few drop outs but can be rectified by just turning the modem off and on again

Official RepSpinTel

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Michael D.
Michael D.Hunter Region, NSW

Customer service is good!

Rob was very helpful in providing assistance on my VOIP issue. There was no actual issue with the SpinTel service, it was just a router setting but he was quite happy to help and eager. Thanks Rob.

Official RepSpinTel

Download and upload speeds are good, ping varies in quality.

I noticed a few weeks ago that my ping was higher. Not the median ping, but actually the minimum ping went from around 20 to around 40, even when there was no jitter. This was happening throughout the entire day. I talked to 3 people but they all somehow thought it was a local problem, even though this behaviour began after a dropout at spintel's end. They suggested nonsense such as obtaining a new modem. Rob called me, and we discussed the matter. He realised that it was not a local problem, and talked to the NBN team about it. A week later the problem appears to have been resolved. It is really rare to see someone care so much about the customer.

Scott P.
Scott P.Sydney, NSW

So far, so good. No complaints.

Upgraded from ADSL, to NBN. Speed is much better so far. Carol from customer service was very helpful. And even fixed a billing issue, once I realized I was double billed for ADSL and NBN.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Abin C.
Abin C.Sydney, NSW

Good customer service and excellent value for the price.

Overall experience with Spintel is good. I had issue with the Modem. Mercy , belle and team helped us to fix this and have replaced with a new one with no extra cost. Mercy was patient and kind enough to explain over phone. Spintel valued their customers and provided excellent service so far.

Official RepSpinTel

Good service. Cheapest deal until Epic Broadband came along!

Speed is as advertised, customer/technical service reliable. Started off with hiccups but it was dealt with as best as they knew how (although I think they should try to win customers' confidence better) To be fair, it wasn't entirely their fault, it was NBN's but a bit more effort to care for customers' dilemma would have been nice. Overall, I'm happy with Spintel.

Good service

The phone customer service was very helpful, Rob went the extra mile to make sure our NBN connection was running and up to speed. NBN box came a little later than expected, but mostly very helpful team.

Phil
Phil

Good basic service well supported

Connection of FTTC is generally sound and using the basic 25/5 services suits my needs. I regularly test the speed and it is rarely below the expectations of 22/4 MBS.
I rate their support service very highly and recommend them above many of the larger corporate ISPs.

Official RepSpinTel

Patient advice for new NBN client

The NBN installation at my mother-in-law's retirement home was delayed several weeks because the NBN didn't have her address on file. When it was finally installed, she was already stressed out and struggling to make her emergency medical phone work. I called Michelle at Spintel, who could see what was happening from her side and who patiently talked my mother-in-law and me through the setup.

Customer sevice

Spoke to Joe then Tim regarding the sudden loss of service.
Joe identified the problem in a very professional and timely manner.
Tim assisted in solving the problem to my complete satisfaction..

Waiting for the connection at this time

Raphael
RaphaelSydney, NSW

Great service and reliable so far

Spintel was communicating with me from the day I ordered their 25/5 NBN plan till my NBN was installed. Luckily I had Optus cable before and the installers could pull the new cable in via the old cable and thus minimise any drilling mess etc. Overall satisfied with the NBN however their evening speed can be lower than their advertised 21 Mbps at times.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Raphael, Thanks so much for writing a review on our service, we really appreciate it.

Cheers!
SpinTel Team

MrVal1
MrVal1South East Queensland, QLD

Great NBN so far, and hassle free to order and sign up.

I have only had this service a short time, but so far it is working very well and has proven reliable and consistent.

The SpinTel Customer Service chap (Julieto) was very efficient and knew his stuff, he helped make placing the order very easy.
Now I do not know if this is, or is not an offshore call centre, I really could not tell, it all went very smoothly, and Julieto was very easy to understand.

The final physical nbn connection at my place was on time and also went smoothly.

Regular testing of the connection speed both down and up have proven to be very close to the 25/5 plan speed so far.

So far I am one happy chappy.

dont understand
dont understandGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I am happy with what I have. I am not using internet very often now. I am also happy that phone is now working.

Marjorie my helper at Spintel Technical Support was really good. Thank you Majorie for getting my e-mails. You were so patient and helpful. Sandra Brunton happy client. I had Carol help me this week. Very helpful. Thankyou

enjeti
enjetiSydney

Persistent Follow Up With NBN Co

Though it took four days for service activation by NBN, Spintel persistently followed up with NBN to get to the end goal. Now the hope is it performs at the speeds it has been advertised to operate at, namely 25 mbps / 5 mbps.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Albert
Albert

Don't think any of the problems are Spin-problems. Both NBN and both Mobiles.

1. Last week discovered together with Spin Technical (very good) support that a NBN password was not upgraded after a house relocation 2 weeks ago. Now 100% rectified.
2.Don't know yet if this prior to the total breakdown caused the many outings I suffered. Nearly cancelled Netflix.
3. The many mobile phone outages, I would say are Optus problems.Transmitter goes of the air, zero bars on the phones. From a few minutes to hours.
4. In few of the above issues, maybe 5G is the answer?
Cheers
Albert Voorthuis

Works really well!

Reliable connection. We are very pleased with our Spintel experience and their technical support team are fantastic! Michelle assisted me to set up relocation of my NBN - she was great

David M.
David M.South-East, TAS

A bit slow, but I'm happy with it

I have only had it for one week. speeds never reached 5mps. I contacted the tech team and they phoned me 3 times and did adjustments their end. now I get 8 - 9mps and even one at 10. This is still a long way from their claimed 21mps. I have tried 3 different speed test sites....Spintel 10.1mps Fast.com 10mps Ookla 22.08mps!!!!! Cheap monthly payments and free phone calls......I wont change.

GEE-SHOCK
GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

Initial connection was a pain.

Hak
HakSydney, NSW

Responsive problem solving.

NBN dropped out on evening of Monday 8th Sep 2020, came back after 2hrs. Then I notice voip phone not working. Tried to report problem by email to Spintel, but it bounced. Then sent WhatsApp. Got reply Tuesday, with instructions to try. Now all working.

Other Internet Service Providers