Spintel NBN 50 (Plus 50)

Spintel NBN 50 (Plus 50)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (70%) · No (30%)

Some issues with initial connection but was sorted. Thanks

So far connection is good. I had issue with initial connection and VOIP, it's sorted by a customer service personnel. The customer service was very helpful though it took awhile to be sorted.

Excellent customer support

Spoke with Hazel from the customer service team about a billing issue which she solved on the spot. Very happy with the service and quality of my connection from Spintel.

Start DateFebruary 2017
Contract Type18-month contract

Such helpful customer support

Accidentally unplugged my nbn connection box and internet dropped out mysteriously after resetting the SSID and password. It was a long wait but understandable given the time and My technician Fred was incredibly patient, knowledgeable and helpful and I had the best service from him!

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Spintel NBN 50 (Plus 50) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Disappointed

Disappointed

Quick to take your money, fails on service provision

From day 1 there have been problems. First the phone did not work, and it took over 10 days after installation for Spintel to bother to respond to my urgent pleas to fix the problem. That was eventually fixed, but whew!
We have had internet dropouts 3-4 times a day every day. Have spent literally hours on the phone while they make me fiddle with various things. They never called back when they promised.

Buy Well

Buy WellNewcastle

Exemplary experience for 2 years

Start DateJanuary 2018
Data TypeCapped Data

Speeds not up to what they offer or I’m paying for

Paying extra for 50/25 speeds but since connecting haven’t seen anywhere near that.

Have been in touch with tech support and they suggested doing a speed test, have done one every 3 hours for the last 3 days (with all other devices switched off) and my best result has been 22.5Mbps, have had periods were it seemed overly slow and 3 tests over 30mins showed ~8Mbps.. very disappointing.

Trying to get onto tech support is usually met with very long wait times (1hr +, unless you opt for the call back which claims you don’t lose your position, but will result in a call back anywhere from 3 hrs to next day in my experience.) if that return call drops out you better get back in the queue; they’re not calling back again!!

Start DateFebruary 2020
Liliana

LilianaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent customer service, issue solved in minutes

Had an issue setting up a modem, easily solved with the assistance of the customer support
Only concern is about the time for the call to be attended but that is perfectly understandable

Data TypeCapped Data

Great Network speeds coupled with fast Customer service.

So far my 50Mbps connection is great and very fast maxing out the entire line sync bandwidth at around 46.5mbps constant and haven't seen any drop outs.

Had a setup issue where the IP address dhcp lease given by the Spintel wasn't authenticating with my router but after a new IP lease this fixed the issue.

Great product.

Start DateMarch 2019
Muhammad Shakir

Muhammad ShakirGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service and good internet speed

The lady over the phone was very helpful, knowledgeable and patient when she was helping me configure my BYO modem. When connected the download speed at night was reasonable st 38 Mbps and upload speed was around 16Mbps. And plan prices are competitive. I'm happy with it,

Internet Service Providers

absolutely no service - they have no idea what they are doing

Great customer service

I needed help connecting my new modem. The lady who assisted me worked tirelessly in getting me connected. Very happy with the service. Lets hope the connection is good too!

Grant

GrantSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service Activation

Support person very courteous, knowledgeable and patient. Switched from another provider to Spintel and have found nothing but praise for the telephone support staff I have encountered up till now.

Glenn L.

Glenn L.South East Queensland, QLD

No ability to represent the customer to the wholesaler

For all their great call centre staff, when the issues really occur with the NBN , Spintel were not able to get them to do anything. Back and forth over and over and even though it was clearly a network issue, Spintel could not do anything. After 3 weeks of chasing Spintel over my NBN connection, I have now cancelled the service and am going 4G wireless broadband.

Connection TypeI don't know

Good product & Great customer support

Excellent customer service I was having problem not enough data and also with my connection getting slow, so I called them for assistance several time but no one understands and did not try to help us and I called again and the person who spoke to me is really nice he tried best way to help me and very happy with how he handled my complaints. Friendly staff, very patient in trying to understand the difficulties I was experiencing. I really happy now we all can work from home. Thank you again.

Start DateFebruary 2020

RoyS

RoySPerth, WA

Good product, Superb customer assistance

I was having problem with my connection getting slow, and so I called them for assistance. Their line was busy so I have to wait a bit, but later I was connected with Marjorie and very happy with how she handled my complaints. Friendly staff, very patient in trying to understand the difficulties I was experiencing.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateAugust 2019
Internet Service Providers

Great pricing, service and support

Have been with Spintel for many years (10?), mainly due to their competitive pricing, but no complaints about service and support either. Recently upgraded to NBN with them and have had no issues, modem arrived next day and was very competitively priced, customer service was excellent.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateApril 2010
Kerry

KerrySydney, NSW

Good Service

While I did have a connection problem your technical agent Jo was very patient and walked me through the fix. Best operator so far and I would recommend him to anyone.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateJune 2005

Excellent Service

Worked tirelessly to get NBN up and running after dropouts. Also fixed phone connection as well. Customer service is excellent, return calls for technical support has been excellent. Recommend Spintel for internet service.

Anoop M.SpinTel

Wonderful to hear, Peter. Thanks so much for your review, we're grateful to read about your experience with our service and our support team.

SpinTel Team

Rang your service , left my number for callback. Callback was when I was advised. Spoke with Fred and he was most helpful and made it easy to sort out my cancellation . As we are moving to rental premises and no longer require . We have been very happy with spintel and will renew our acct as soon as possible

Connection TypeI don't know
Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Grace, Thanks so much for writing a review on our service, we really appreciate it. We're glad that you have enjoyed our service and support. We've passed your feedback on to the support team manager.

Gazz

GazzHunter Region, NSW

Loss of Internet

When i rang to report no internet, they were busy. but left a call back, which they did. and quickly decided to send a technichion out. Most messages where done via email. i received quick replies. unfortunatly, it was my moden that died. once i replaced it, all was good. though the speed is only 24 mbs. not a lot can be done with the node system. it still is quite quick. I've been with this Spintel for a long time. and have always been happy with them.

Anoop M.SpinTel

That's really wonderful to hear, Gazz. Thanks so much for writing a review on our service, we really appreciate it. We're glad that you are enjoying both our service and our support.