Lacking in performance

I signed up with Spintel 2 years ago, with a 25/5 fixed wireless NBN plan. Speedtest results were initially close to plan. Some months ago I noticed a degradation in download speed, and embarked on a fact-finding exercise. Speedtest results morning, afternoon and night yielded download readings from 3 to 12 Mbps, averaging 8.5, through the Spintel modem/router, via both wifi and ethernet cable. I don't do much uploading, but got an average close to 3 Mbps up.
I got similar results with another laptop (both wifi and ethernet) and with a tablet and phone (wifi only).

Direct connection of the Speedtest measuring device (laptop) to the NBN NTD via ethernet cable yielded 21 to 24 Mbps, indicating the arrival at my house of a strong signal. Wifi uses no cabling, so cabling faults can be ruled out. Similarly for wifi and ethernet adaptors, too many devices yielding similar results.
All tbe indicators pointed to the modem/router as the bottleneck, so I ordered a new one. Unfortunately, I got the same slow-speed results, and worse, I lost my local area network and was unable to access network devices like printers. A restoration of my original modem/router immediately rectified that, and the new device is on its way back.

During this, Spintel technical advice ranged from good to poor. Fault reports on slow speed were raised, and dismissed twice by Spintel. They ignored my record stored at their site, and kept asking me to repeat the same tests when they already had the results. The final straw was their statement "You're getting 6Mbps, and that's within bounds, case dismissed."

To compound customer problems, Spintel has now done away with email communication and hence the ability to upload data files such as Speedtest results. You've got to ring them each and every time you need to make contact, generally resulting in a callback and constraining your freedom of movement.

I've reached the conclusion that Spintel has not purchased enough wholesale bandwidth from NBNCo to service customer plans. All attempts at problem resolution with speeds way under what you're paying for are doomed to fail. I see no future with them.

Start DateSeptember 2017
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Frank, I want to inform you that you are connected to our nbn Fixed Wireless service as this is the only available nbn service in your area (https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/learn/network-technology/fixed-wireless-explained). As mentioned, you are receiving around 21 Mbps download speed when connected your laptop directly to the nbn box. It shows that there is no congestion issue on the nbn Fixed Wireless network tower/cell that your service is connected. Its also clearly point out that there is no utilisation issue in our network. To dig down your issue, we have sent a new WiFi modem. Once you received the modem, our support team will be in touch with you to troubleshoot your connection. Thanks & Regards, SpinTel TeamThank you. I don't know what this modem will achieve that the first replacement one could not. But I'll give it my best shot.

Good wireless broadband!

Spintel efficiently signed me up and helped me with upgrading and even helped me save money cos I had my own modem. They talk to you and they're real people, and you can call or online chat, which is very convenient. I couldn't be happier. Connection service is good too, I can stream videos and radio no issues.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
We love having you onboard too! Thanks so much for the review, Feng, we're glad that you're enjoying both our service and our support. Cheers! SpinTel Team

One call and everything was sorted

Following the Netgear instruction book to set up a service for my elderly father I came to a step where the option we were supposed to use wasn't there for a 'basic' set-up. There was only 'advanced'. I rang Spin Tel later (not being at the computer) and the technician was brilliant. She understood what to do immediately. She gave me step by step instructions to write out. A few days later I was at my father's computer and followed the instructions. It all worked first time. No follow-up help was needed. Really thankful, and a little surprised it went so well as I am technically really bad. Wish all services were as helpful as Spin Tel.

Start DateAugust 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Robert, Thanks for sharing your feedback and we are glad to hear that our customer service team have been friendly and easy to communicate. We've passed your feedback on to the support team. Cheers! SpinTel Team

False advertising - but was taken care of

I recently signed up for a wireless broadband package through SpinTel’s website for the no lock in contract (month-to-month) with a $99 month modem charge. It was shipped quickly and setup was easy. Unfortunately, due to poor Optus comms in the area, I was forced to cancel the contract in the first month. On attempting to do so I was informed that I had been locked into a 12 month contract and there was a $170 cancellation fee. Their system disregarded the online order and placed me onto an old 12 month contract they previously had. They were unwilling to release me from the contract, so i took it to the Telecommunications ombudsman.

Following thisa local Spintel rep contacted me and has resolved the matter providing a full refund upon return of the modem. Thank you - but it would be nice not to have to go through the process each time this sort of error is made by telcos.

Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Alex, We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our 4G Wireless Broadband service. As you are aware that wireless broadband service mainly depends on the 4G coverage. If the coverage in your area is not good, you will not get good internet speeds. So we have decided that if a customer is not satisfied with our wireless broadband and wish to cancel the service within 14 days of the activation of the service, we will proceed with the cancellation of service without any exit fee and 30 days notice. I do understand that our support representative has provided you with the wrong information, and this results in raising a complaint. We have cancelled the service immediately when you have reported the complaint via product review. Thanks for returning the modem. We have processed the refund of the modem charges to your card/account. We wish you all the best. Thanks & Regards, Anoop SpinTel Team

Not happy about wireless BB

I have been with Spintel for about 3 years. Initially used ADSL+2, NBN connections that were really OK.
I had to switch to wireless BB due to some reasons and I have to say DO NOT buy wireless BB from spintel. The service, signal strength are really bad..

Connection TypeWireless
Hi Priyantha, We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our 4G wireless broadband service. I have gone through your SpinTel account, and it seems that the Network coverage in your new address is not very good. The 2300 MHz frequency coverage at your location is not very good for the wireless broadband to work faster (12/1 Mbps). If you move the modem near to the window, you might get a good signal. Also, you can try below settings in the Huawei modem. When you login to the Huawei 4G modem and select 'Network settings', you can see the below options: 4G (Auto) 4G (No 2300 MHz band) 4G (2300 MHz band only) After moving the modem near to a window try selecting '4G (2300 MHz band only) and then reboot the modem and then check your internet speed. If there is an improvement, please keep using the service. If you are not satisfied with the connection, please call our customer support team and proceed to cancel the service and also return the modem, we will refund you the modem cost and waive the 30 days notice. Regards! SpinTel Team

Great value and excellent customer service team!

I'm getting reliable connection and good customer service support at the call centre. There is little waiting time when ringing up for tech support which I really appreciate too. The Wi-Fi speed is great for Netflix viewing.

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Hi travsz, Thanks for sharing your feedback and we are glad to hear that our customer service team have been friendly and easy to communicate with. Cheers! SpinTel Team

Unstable Netcomm modem

My Netcomm NL1901ACV On Home Wireless Broadband stops transmitting data after an hour even though it is connected to optus antenna with perfect signal.
There is a fault with the firmware or hardware as discussed on the Whirlpool forum under Exetel.
This is a known problem.
Please send me the new firmware to fix or better modem!

Edit:
I can report back that since being Updated the performance of the device and service has been excellent, getting the full advertised speed any time of the day.
The only problem is that the data is capped and there is no upgrade on the wireless. 500gb of data would be better.

When you reach your quota it doesn't just get throttled like the good old days, it gets switched off!

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Ben, we're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our Wireless Broadband. We are aware that there are some issues with the Netcomm NL1901ACV modem and have already raised these issues to Netcomm. The Netcomm is about to release new firmware on before 13th August, and hopefully, the issues get fixed once we send the new modem with new firmware next week. Regards! SpinTel TeamHi Ben, We are glad to hear that the internet is stable after the Firmware is upgraded in our Netcomm Nl1901ACV modem. Currently, we don't have any 500Gb data plans for the 4G wireless broadband service. We will keep you posted if a new plan is introduced. Cheers! SpinTel Team

It’s great I problems and the price is fantastic

Did not have any dropouts but my modem played up twice and with your help it was fixed I Frim your side immediately.
The service I have received always was quick and proper

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Pnina, Thanks for sharing your feedback and we are glad to hear that our customer service team is friendly and easy to communicate with. Cheers! SpinTel Team

Wireless Broadband with HUAWEI B525-FD05 Modem

This unit works very well as long as you have average coverage with Optus network. You must order the optional antennas. Spintel should supply them with modem for optimum performance. Again network coverage must be good.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Bryce, Thanks for your review and suggestion. The antenna is not required for everyone; this is only needed for those who face the coverage issue. Cheers! SpinTel Team

Cant get NBN and this has been very good

No problems what so ever, no drop outs or interrupted cover so far. Great option for Adelaide Hills residents. Bought the best modern from them when on sale.. very cheap.

Data TypeCapped Data
Thanks so much, Roger! We really appreciate your review. We're glad that you're enjoying our service. Cheers! SpinTel Team

you have to pay a fee to pay your bill

Very easy to set up, and amazingly fast shipping - had my modem in Perth the very next business day. This is miraculous.
I have no complaints about the product - it beats the woefully inadequate Telstra Velocity (monopoly in my area) hollow.
What I am whinging about is the fee tacked on to the bill, to pay the bill. Either credit card or Paypal, there's a fee. And you can only set up a direct debit for payment.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi BC, We really appreciate your review. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our product. Regarding the 'Card Processing Fee' please refer to the Terms and Conditions (Section 2.0) on our website (https://www.spintel.net.au/terms). Cheers! SpinTel Team

It's so awesome!

Awesome!It's surprisingly better.It's unbelievable that this internet signal is great. The speed until now is fast enough to watch or stream movies. No problem with the connection. The signal is very strong. The signal is always very good. I can't believe in my experience that this wireless internet is a lot stronger than all internet providers companies combined.. now I can stream movies even when I'm camping. Then I will find a working elect ricity outlets. So then I can work on my internet even in the middle of woop woop Since the Adsl exchange ilocation is vital, all connections no matter what company it is will give me a weak signAl. Can't stream movies at all. With wireless broadband I always have enough speed for movies streaming. I like to take internet with me. A WiFi internet. Always have it handy like in camping as long as you got a good electricity socket to connect the modem which is small enough for your handbags. Very practical . A brilliant invention.

Start DateJanuary 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Thanks so much, ICYCOOL6565! We really appreciate your review. we're glad you're enjoying our wireless broadband service. Cheers! SpinTel Team

Once it was operative - very impressive

The first two times I tried to connect to my mobile broadband I had issues that presented problems due to what appeared to be a new modem type. the third time a representative took over remote control of my computer and solved all my issues.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi wrh1, We love having you onboard too! Thanks so much for the review and we're glad you're enjoying both our service and our support. Regards! SpinTel Team

4mb/sec

For months now, my connection speed with Spintel (NBN wireless) averages only 4mb/sec. Spintel have been unable and unwilling to fix it. Spintel service is next to useless and Spintel support is a waste of time.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Simon, I am really sorry to hear that your service is receiving slow internet speeds. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the bad experience. You are connected to our nbn Fixed Wireless service, as this is the only available nbn service in your area. After receiving your details, a fault ticket has been raised and we got an update from nbn that the Fixed Wireless network tower/cell that your service is connected is currently congested/highly utilized. The speeds may be impacted by network congestion on nbn’s Fixed Wireless network, including during busy periods. Unfortunately, as the issue is on the nbn network we do not get advised of cell tower congestion until a fault is logged. We have checked the configuration in the nbn network, Reference Signal Received Power (RSRP) and Carrier to Interference plus Noise Ratio (CINR) and all the parameters meet the required specifications. However, the performance of the cell and it’s backhaul link[s] has the potential to impact the service performance. In its Fixed Wireless capacity upgrade program, nbn aims to upgrade the backhaul links so that they are not a point of congestion on the network and gives the highest priority to those cells which fall under its design threshold of 6Mbps monthly busy hour cell performance. As per the Fixed Wireless Performance report of nbn, the backhaul link(s) which the cell that this service is connected through is scheduled for upgrade in the 3rd Quarter of 2019. In addition, an optimisation activity has been planned to improve the performance of the cell your service has connected. This activity can take up to 3 months to complete. Kind Regards! SpinTel TeamThese issues you raise are between Spintel and NBN Co. not me. This fault has existed for at least 2 months and you have repeatedly denied that any fault existed until now. The speeds are consistently slow at all times of day, not due to 'busy periods'. A 4mb connection speed is 33% of the quoted connection speed and virtually useless. No payment will be made until the quoted speed is provided. Thank you.

Perfect connections

I lost my internet connection.
I did try turning off the modem any everything thig in the house
Rang customer service. Isdues fixed in less than 5 mins. Highly recommend Spintel

Really happy

Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Deb, Thanks for your valuable time in posting this review. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the support team. Cheers! SpinTel Team

Excellent Service.

Very reliable connection excellent service.Your technician Jim was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable
also very polite. I telephoned the day before and was told to contact Apple to fix fault but Jim today was very effective. 5 Star rating.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Ian, Very glad to hear you had a good experience so far! We really appreciate your review and we've passed your feedback on to 'Jim' from the customer support team. Cheers! SpinTel Team

Great.

I had to contact technical support and received care and understanding from the tech support staff. My PC has issues with the Singtel modem so my internet connection never got going. Jim was especially helpful to me. Today was the first day of my connection with Singtel and with help I got my phone connection but not internet. Jim provided a suggestion to by-pass my PC hardware issues so I will try that solution soon.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Dynawit, We really appreciate your review and we've passed your feedback on to 'Jim' and the support team. If you have any issues with the internet connection please contact our friendly support team, so that they can guide you further to resolve the issue. Regards! SpinTel Team

I have expierenced landline dropping out often& internet sometimes.
The service I received this morning was excellent, it was fixed within minutes of me ringing. Friendly helpful service. Thankyou so much

Start DateMarch 2012
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thanks so much for your review, We've passed your feedback on to the team and also we're glad that you're enjoying both our service and our support. Cheers! SpinTel Team

The Good And The Bad

Have had some drop-out due to bad weather between mel/sydney . Dont do lots of download so most time all's well.

Had a few problems with the new modem when the last one failed,was replace by spin, the home phone was no longer connected, took about 5 day to get it fixed, spin left no stone unturned, a good team.
Follow up afterward have been good.

Start DateJanuary 2008
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi TBEAR, Thanks for your feedback and we are glad to hear that our customer service team has met your expectations. Cheers! SpinTel Team

So far so great (good)

Ordered wireless broadband on Wednesday evening and received it by Friday. Really quick delivery! I live in the inner city and the download speeds are more than adequate from a single home-office user (10-13mb/s). I did have trouble signing into my account initially but I called up and the query was addressed and resolved, however, the representative did seem to be blunt and in a rush. Nevertheless, once I was able to access my account, I was surprised how well the account dashboard was to use, seriously, really easy and user-friendly! The modem setup was a breeze and had even the sim card installed which was a nice touch. Overall, I can't believe I've been spending so much with the other telco's when there is a service such as this priced so competitively.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Alston J, Thanks so much, We really appreciate your review. We love having you onboard too! we're glad you're enjoying both our service and our support. Cheers! SpinTel Team