Splendid Kitchens

Splendid Kitchens

Not so splendid kitchens

Avoid at all costs

Installed faulty stove. Had to go to vcat to rectify. They have replaced stove under vcat order but have still not complied with the second ruling. Kitchen is only three years old but the sink tap has already rusted out. Stay away

Tania
Taniamelb

Not so splendid

The guy who did the design was fantastic. Listened to what we wanted and designed a great kitchen. All downhill from there. installation took weeks not days...everyone shifted the blame and couldn't give us any dates for when installers would be back. We paid for Blume hinges to find they weren't all blume hinges. Lots of other errors. Had to chase installer out to the street as sliding bin wasn't screwed in...he said "oh did you want it screwed in?" Don't bother with this mob...

Kitchen Renovators

Find out how Splendid Kitchens compares to other Kitchen Renovators

Katherine123
Katherine123AU

Please avoid these people!

Don't waste your money!

They asked 50% of payment up front and then a further 40% of the payment when the cupboards were delivered but were not installed. I found out it was illegal what they did. They supplied the cupboards with the wrong colour and they did not want to fix the sharp edges. They said they are not responsible for safety. After 12months the kitchen was still not finished. I also found out they were not registered builders. Keep away from them , they do not tell you the truth!
Nothing! Only the receptionist who had sympathy for me
Everything! Including hidden costs

Don't go with splendid kitchens

The initial salesman was great, it was downhill fro there. Poor planning, execution and delivery, ongoing issues with plumbing, ended up costing us much more $, valuable time and patience. We had to chase these guys to finish the work, no warranties were ever given to us for the appliances, the craftsmanship was awful, they didn't clean up after themselves, they scratches the hardwood.
Good sales person and reasonable quote
All the service, the final prospects- wonky countertop, unfinished drawers, poor handles, ongoing plumbing issues

Alisonasked

I’m finding the project management of our ‘splendid’ kitchen quite unreliable. Long gaps with no work, then tradespeople expecting access at short notice, not turning up and not advising they aren’t coming. Is this a common experience or are we unlucky?

Nitin
Nitin

I am surprised. I had very smooth dealing with them. They finished my work in 3 days. I am pretty satisfied. I suggest you contact them and explain. I am sure they will do something to compensate.

Alison

Thanks Nitin - it’s 9 days since our old kitchen was demolished and no end in sight. For a small apartment kitchen with nothing fancy. Glad yours went well, maybe they’re inconsistent or you had a different project manager. I have had multiple conversations with pm but he seems unable/unwilling to properly organise our project. Have also contacted the designer, and accounts staff.