Spotify

Spotify (page 3 of 4)

Team G.

Team G.North Queensland, QLD

Good selections, shuffle sometimes repeats

Good program, has updates, good selection of genres and playlists. Cheap enough per month for a subscription (annoying ads if you have the free version). Sometimes the shuffle mode repeats songs.

Don't bother if you have young kids (even with Family Premium)

If you have young kids, the terms and conditions actually state they cant use it. Must be of legal age which i 13+....because kids under 13 don't listen to music.

nturnerphoto

nturnerphotoPerth, WA

Love it

I have been using Spotify since it launched in Australia and switched to premium not long after. The app keeps getting better and better now that it is getting all the desktop features. The catalog keeps expanding and it is the best way to find new music. The personalized functions like the Discovery and the New Release Radar playlists are the best features.

Find out how Spotify compares to other Online Streaming Services

My Account was easily broken into

Kel

KelSouth Australia

Get charged for a product you don’t receive.

Started out great, premium for months. Then didn’t use it for a couple of weeks and Premium was gone. Though they were happy to take my money. And no account is not pending. Did the change passwords, tried to sign in with and without Facebook and was told that an account isn’t connected to Facebook. Then On my Facebook page it is. Seems to be a problem with Spotify. As I followed to the letter all suggestions on Spotify support page. Even more frustrating is there seems to be no way to retrieve my playlists etc. Just chasing my tail. A total rip off.

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Music Streaming App, With Minor Flaws

Badunky

BadunkyHunter Region, NSW

The Kmart of music streaming

Spotify is like the K-Mart of music streaming - from the outside it looks like it’s got everything and at bargain prices. But once you’ve spent more than 10 minutes with it, you’ll realise there’s a lot of things missing, and what they do have is kind of crappy. For me, the gaps in its music library are what killed my premium subscription. Apple Music has less gaps in its library. Which says it all...

Katx

KatxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Account got hacked & was resolved within 5 minutes

My account got hacked awhile ago & I didn't realise that it did as I thought it was just my dad using it. My playlist got deleted one by one, and my friendlist got replaced over time. I didn't really realise it as it was done very very slowly & I am not a frequent Spotify user. Anyways, I contacted them via the online customer service. I thought it would take days but it got resolved in the matter of minutes. I am very impressed with their service!

Farshad Moradi

Farshad MoradiMelba 2615, ACT

Google home mini Offer was a scam!

Courier no please

Courier no please

Crappy customer service

Signed up for a family account with a free Google Home mini... too good to be true, cause the link doesn’t work and both Google Store and Spotify are not willing to send me a new link or provide me with a code to get the 79 dollar discount. I’ll go back to Apple Music because I don’t like to pay for a company telling me lies.

Natural striker

Natural strikerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst customer service ever

signed up for the family account, was promised a free google home mini. but instead got charged it. called up to open a dispute they said it was not their problem and have to chase it up with the third party. so they failed to promise their promotion and i have wasted 3 days of my life trying to solve this issue

testdriver

testdriverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Done buy a car head unit for Spotify compatibility

Bought a Pioneer MVH-S405BT head unit because of Spotify connectivity. Of course it didn't connect, everything updated to latest versions. Pioneer wipe their hands of it and blame Spotify. Hopeless.

Matty

Matty

Inability to view or edit account details in App or switch off settings?!

Being able to view your account its details or the debit set up is extremely hard to find an unfriendly and personally I feel the telecommunication ombudsman of Australia or New South Wales should be finding this company and they should be correcting this instantly so one can see your account details re money & after switching it off, you are continuing to bill me!

What a load of crap

I bought Spotify premium to download music on my mobile phone to play it back when I’m offline. First it can’t download anything because it’s too slow. After hours of searching, i fount I had to log out and then log back into my account. Now i can’t play any of the music that I’ve downloaded. The app is lousy, and I want my money back.

Shona

ShonaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Spotify charged me despite cancelling my free trial before the end date and won't refund my money

I canceled my premium trial before end date and was charged anyway,was then told I had to pay it first then Id be refunded but they didnt. Cant contact anyone to do anything about it and to make it worse, I didnt even get to enjoy the premium features during my apparent 'free' trial.

BECK

BECK

Can't cancel subscription no phone customer service

Can't sign in to account, tried to recover account by reset password by receiving an email with the steps - no email i've tried over 30 times. They keep taking money out can't stop this unless I cancel my card utter nonsense.

Nathan L

Nathan LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it but with one exception

This is a fantastic streaming service but with one glaring issue in my opinion, and that is due to the fact that we cannot pay an extra $5 or so to gain access to lossless streaming which should be a given nowadays considering how cheap data is. In saying that though its not for everyone but it would convince me to give up my CD collection if I could stream in the same quality without compromises

Flawed

Frances Craig

Frances CraigNorthern Region, NSW

Keeping the whole family happy with a family account

We have a family account, which allows us to all have music and playlists downloaded on our phones. The music selection is good, and rarely are there albums I'm looking for but can't find. Definitely worth the paid account for ability to download onto device for when offline and lack of ads.

Dissatisfied

Have listened for an hour and not one of my Favourite Songs got played! Tried My Playlist and same. What is the point of having playlists if Spotify are just going to keep playing the songs it deems I should listen to. When I first downloaded the app it was excellent and did play all my selected songs. But somehow with subsequent updates this is no longer happening. Have therefore removed the app. And am glad I didn't try the Premium option after having read some of the other reviews.

tliang

tliangasked

I need to suspend my account for 5weeks, is it possible? And if suspended will I have to start my playlist again?
I am enjoying spotify, it's just what i need at present.

Hi TLiang,

Sorry, I can not speak to Spotify's policies and procedures. I suggest you ask Spotify.

I did look on the Frequently Asked Questions page and could not find an article pertaining to your question. So I suggest you go to this page;

and contact Spotify directly about this.

Good Luck.

Tray
Tray

If you close you’re Spotify account you will lose all your playlist. Don’t think it should affect your playlist if it’s only a temporary thing.

Gemma Shoardasked

Signed up for 'free' Spotify and now I've been charged 9.99 Pound. Did I miss something, is this an ongoing cost?

Anna
Anna

My understanding is you get one month free then it's a cost month by month from a certain day. You can unsubscribe easily enough.

Gemma Shoard

Thanks, I couldn’t find anything in the terms and conditions about it.

Adam663

Adam663asked

When listening to spotify on your mobile is it charged as premium services?

Andrei Railean
Andrei Railean

Yes. You can only listen to spotify on mobile devices if you have a premium (paid) account.

Other Online Streaming Services