Spotlight Retail Stores

Spotlight Retail Stores

See the Best Home Decor Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Made to measure curtains at sale price!!!

I visited spotlight during sale. Supposedly 40% off made to measure curtains and blinds. What a joke this was. Made arrangements for quote. Rep came and quoted $2400 for 3 scrim curtains and tracks. Needed 22 metres of material at 28.95 per metre. He then then took 40% of this to bring it to $1500. Had another quote for same and received lower quote which Was $300 less. Be careful of spotlight for supposed sales as they start at a very inflated figure. There is no way 3 curtains and tracks would cost this much.

Store LocationAlbert park sa

Lack of stock in store

I am sick of travelling almost 2 hours return trip to the spotlight store at Rutherford just to find they are out of stock of the most basic of things, not the first time...e.g mod podge dishwasher safe - rose gold, red and green fine glitter. It’s disrespectful to your customers, basically saying your time travelling here and using fuel for nothing means nothing to us. Fill your shelves, keep them stocked or sack who is in charge of this. I will only go back to your store as a last resort. Will buy online from someone else in future and save my fuel and time.

Store LocationRutherford NSW

Never buy machine here.

Don't buy machine from them, even broken they won't let you return it. And the service was very bad, I'll never recommend it to anyone.Careful.千萬別在這家店買機器,我買兩天就壞了還不給退。nunca compra máquinas aquí. Tan cuidado.

Store LocationInnaloo

Excellent customer care

I phoned Townsvile Spotlight and spoke with Riley in Manchester requesting 8 Koo Home Evita Velvet Cushion covers 45 x 45 in Orange. She did not have 8, but she suggested ways she could maybe aquire them for me. These cushion covers are exactly what I would love.....I was struck with how acomodating and pleasant Riley handled my request. Riley made my afternoon.

No toilet in Mandurah store!

They actually suggest you leave the store, drive to a servo and then come back to finish your search for patterns and fabrics.
I don't think so!
Farewell Mandurah Spotlight!

Store LocationMandurah

Not happy Jan with custom made curtains

Because I couldn’t find the colour I wanted in store bought curtains for a bedroom anywhere, I had them custom made which cost me $374
Unfortunately when I went to hang them up there was way too much material width ways which made them not hang well @ all & didn’t look good
Staff instore actually agreed with me that they were too full...I’d taken a photo
I was asking to have 50cm cut off from each side so they would hang much better & being a 203cm drop, that’s a hefty 2 metres excess material that I’d paid for that was being wasted, but NO they totally refused to do that so I’ve had to cut & sew them myself @ home I wanted eyelet curtains which of course I can’t make myself @ home hence the custom made
Whatever happened to never mind “The customer is always right” but “The customer SHOULD be happy with the finished product” Their motto is “ Take the money & run! “
I will say a couple of the instore staff were sympathetic & trying to be helpful....the manager of custom made NOT so!
I will endeavour to never go into Spotlight stores again if I can help it as I’m quite disgusted @ the way this has been handled Not happy Jan!!
FOOTNOTE...Have spent ALL weekend reworking/cutting/sewing curtains myself & am very happy with how I’VE finished them...no thanks to Spotlight!!

Store LocationSpotlight Cairns

Ripped off

Took my 6 year old to the local spotlight to get some new curtains for her room 4/7/2019. They had sheer tab top curtains for $10 a pair (that was what the sign said). Get to the checkout to be told that sorry the sparkly ones that she chose from that pile would not be $10 but $40 and the rest were $10. I was greeted with that comment even before the cashier scanned them so obviously they knew that the curtain was incorrectly in the $10 section and had not rectified the issue. So I had to pay 4 times the marked price to save disappointing my child.

Store Locationtoowoomba

Customer service feedback

I was served by Connie at Gepps Cross store. The service was excellent and she was very helpful quick and efficient. Well done Connie I was very impressed and I will go back.

Store LocationGepps Cross

Very Good Service.

Spotlight, Penrith is an extremely busy store but the staff ensure waiting time is kept as low as practical by having as many staff operating the checkouts as they can. Staff on the floor are particularly helpful and will go out of their way and to other departments to help if necessary. Specials are always proper specials!

Store LocationPenrith NSW

Very poor quality = rubbish

Extremely poor quality and workmanship of curtain fitting.
Promise curtains will not work after a short while. Never ever in your lifetime have curtains where you pull strings to open and close. They are screwall.

Poor customer service skill in hoppers crossing stores

They don't care about customers if they need help to find something in store.all the time free to do chatting instead of serving customer specially the old lady and another healthy fatty lady who handle front cashier... trust me never go to this store again.lot of my people told me same thing i couldn't believe it happened with everyone..

Store LocationHoppers crossing

The worst experience ever

We had a curtain consultant appointment on the 9/1/19, she was a lovely lady. She said that the curtains would b ready 3-5 weeks from deposit being made. So we made the deposit 2 weeks after consult. Curtains were not finished until recently and were installed yesterday day. It took 5 MONTHS not 5 weeks. And to top it off the awful chemical smell that’s coming from the curtains is nauseating. A word of caution if you have any sort of autoimmune condition or chronic illness or chemical sensitivity, DO NOT PURCHASE curtains from spotlight they are toxic. Spotlight may seem cheaper but you will still pay the price elsewhere with them. Like I said they’re the worst

Store LocationNewcastle

Need to improve PR skills

Had an unpleasant experience with a spotlight salesman recently who I found to be rather arrogant and patronising while dealing with our enquiry. Tried to get rid of him as quickly as possible in the end. You guys need to work on your customer relations ( very important part of a business ).

Curtain making-- ACT Canberra/Queenbeyan

Whatever you do DO NOT order M2M curtains thru this store. U N B E L I E V A B L E incompetence. - my order has been going on now for 23+ weeks (4 visits/3 different sets of curtains/I eventually banned entry x 2 to my home by both the original person who measured the curtains AND the incompetent and lazy sidekick who was the supposed installer).

Spotlight had to call-in a subcontractor from their Forbes region to come to my home to attempt to rectify the fiasco and who COULD NOT believe the "war zone" (his words) that he had inherited.

I am about to either escalate this to the CEO of Spotlight Group (NO guarantee that he is any better) OR take legal action against them. Consider yourself WARNED!

Store LocationQueenbeyan/Canberra ACT

This is a Spotlight review not product

Was told that floor stock material can not be custom made by spotlight. They had some material swatches to look at that could be custom made but the range was very limited and quite frankly not very nice. They had some really nice material in floor stock but was told every thing is now sent from Adelaide up to Brisbane to be custom made and they wouldn't accept spotlights floor stock materials because It's considered cheap (they must mean cheap and nasty). Looks like I'm spending my money on $120.00 a metre Warwick fabric from another curtain maker. I must add the customer service was good it's just such a silly policy don't think they really want to make curtains for anyone anymore

Horrible experience!

Was trying to order replacement blinds, originally made by Spotlight. It was just a matter of replacing what was already there with the same thing. Had the measure and received the quote which had some errors. Queried it, and was told they would check it that day. Finally got a response to calls and emails ten days later, and it was obvious they hadn’t even looked at it. Waited again and received a new quote. Told it would be 6 weeks and even though this was out of my time line, which I was very clear about from the beginning, I placed the order. Received an impersonal txt msg two weeks later to say the consultant had requested another measure on a date three weeks after my order! My order hadn’t even been placed, so after a month and a half I was back at the beginning with no blinds and out of time to get them made. My experience with Spotlight and the staff in general has been very negative, with very little empathy for the situation or care for customer service.

Browns plains QLD! Worst customer service!

I bought a brand new Singer sewing machine from this store and it didn’t work as soon as I got it out of the box! The woman I returned it to said that Singer will not refund or replace it and it will have to have it repaired! I’m like what?? After a month I got it back only for it not to work properly again! I rang Singer who advised that their policy IS to replace or refund straight away on ‘out of the box’ failures! Michelle from Singer rang Browns Plains and demanded they refund my money, after Pam from spotlight tried to argue with Singer about Singer’s own return policy!! I’ll shop elsewhere now. Thank you Singer for sorting that out.

Store LocationBrowns Plains

What a mess

Last week I went to the Spotlight store at Everton Park in Brisbane and then yesterday I went to Kawana Spotlight. Kawana is messy untidy and looks like they don’t have enough staff to control the stock in the store. Everton Park was a pleasure.

Store LocationKawana

No one picks up the phone!!!

Spotlight stores - Melville and Innalloo
Rang all the both stores of Melville, and innalloo on Saturday 1st and Wednesday 4th June 2019 as I was looking for some fabric. Person at reception very quick to pick up but when I asked for “fabric” section, I waited until I eventually had to hang up. Your Melville store was the worst. I hung up after trying and holding 3 times...each time for more than 10 minutes!
If I am your Customer Services Manager , I would be very very concerned to get a review from a frustrated customer like me who has taken the trouble to write this review

On a brighter note, I drove to your Cannington store and the lady who served me there was super helpful even though they didn’t have the fabric but took her time to tell me where I could get them

No customer service! No number to call and make a complaint!

Wow. The Newcastle store and Rutherford can’t even answer the phone! It simply rings out. Or you get placed on hold for 10 mins or more before being disconnected. Worst shopping experience ever! Even in store you can never find staff. Clearly a shortage of staff. Hence no customer service.

Store LocationNewcastle. Rutherford.