Spotlight Retail Stores

Spotlight Retail Stores

See the Best Home Decor Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (1%) · No (99%)

Maureen F.

Maureen F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rip off and terrible customer service

Wanting to purchase new blinds ordered a free measure and quote,had to wait till next day for the quote which was an outrageous amount 4 grand for 3 average rooms for fake timber blinds,it would of been 5grand but they had 30% off! I thought I would go instore to buy ready to hang blinds instead to save money but they refused to give me the measurements they had taken for me to choose! Avoid this place

Store LocationCranbourne

KathleenMurray Region, NSW

Very disappointing service

Store LocationAlbury - Store No: S102
Kathleen

Update:
Still no contact from Spotlight. I will be seeking a refund tomorrow

Customer service non-existent

I went to the Bayswater store today, ready to spend $500 on a Cricut machine, but left empty handed due to horrendous customer service. I initially approached 2 workers who were chatting together and received awkward looks of confusion when I asked them for help. They directed me to the Lay By desk where I was greeted by one worker who offered to call a person from the craft department to help me. One of the two ladies I had initially approached came to ‘help’ me. She could not tell me any information about the product, was very abrupt and bland with any brief response she gave. I tried to probe with questions for further information but she gave me as little response as possible. Very unimpressed.

Store LocationBayswater
Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unhelpful staff

I bought two of the same item that are $7 each on the Spotlight website. The cash register showed these as $12 each. I pointed this out to the cashier and she just said she'd have to charge me what the cash register computer showed. I showed her the online price on my phone but she was unmoved and only gave me the option of not buying them. I paid her price as I needed the items, but pointed out to her that any other large retailer would always honour the lower price showed on their own website. She made no comment to this as I know she knew their attitude to customers sucks.

David N

David NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointed with the customer service.

We had a bed sheet set given to us as a present (purchased from spotlight with obviously no receipt brand new still in plastic bag), The bed set was king size, we went there to change it to Queen size. The older lady at the counter (either manager or owner- WITHOUT A NAME TAG) said that they can't do a swap without a receipt. Love these franchisers giving Spotlight a very bad name. Do yourselves a favour, buy from K mart or Big W.

Store LocationMount Gravatt Queensland Australia

Gracie

Gracie

Extremely rude service

Literally every time I go to spotlight the more mature ladies there are so utterly rude. When they talk to you they turn their noses up and act as if your not worth their time. I’m terrified to go into the store sometimes because I can’t find what I need and the ladies will just be rude

Store LocationBelrose

Ros

RosSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero customer service

Have been waiting to be served at the curtains and blinds counter at Mt Gravatt store for 35mins now, have asked staff to find someone to help me, no luck

Store LocationMt Gravatt Qld

Angel

AngelAdelaide

Spotlight Noarlunga

Store LocationNoarlunga
David4023

David4023Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't people waffle !!

I've purchased many items from Spotlight stores, variety of stores. Read many reviews but the most annoying was from a so-called Christian Fanatic who claimed they had removed the Christian theme balloons.. Guess we may have to accept some people waffle for the sake of it. Nobody cares and the Kids couldn't care less, elephant theme or talking peanuts on the balloons.

Store LocationST MORRIS
verialav

verialav

Good shop and good service

I bought more staff. The customers sevice is nice and friendly. The stock for different products is available. The parking is good and easy for find the showroom. I will come back

Viper

ViperGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad service, curtains lasted 3 years

Store Locationspotlight cranbourne/fountain gate

Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very helpful staff & manager

I received great service from the staff at Bayswater, by far the best Spotlight store, they were very helpful & upon requiring assistance from the manager Paul, he went above & beyond to assist with my enquiry. Customer Care on the other hand gave me the runaround.

Store LocationBayswater

Melissa

MelissaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Extremely Unhappy

Store LocationSpotlight

Mireille

MireilleSydney, NSW

Catholic Decoration

I went to the store to organise balloons for christening then i found out you don't sell any Christians decoration. it is very disgusting that you pulled it off the shelves and we all know why. don't forget this is Christian country and who ever doesn't like it should feel free to leave. shame on you.

Store Locationwethrill park

Almost perfect experience!

I ordered roller blinds and verishades from spotlight made to measure. On three occasions there was no-one at the south Melbourne store to help me, but I received amazing service through the customer care phone number. The sales rep went out of her way to get a consultant in contact with me. From there, Leonie at the warrnambool store was great to deal with, my blinds were made within the expected timelines (4-6 weeks) and Bruce did a wonderful job installing them. Aside from the lack of service at the sth melb store, was so happy to have ordered my blinds from spotlight.

Store LocationWarrnambool

Awful Returns and Exchange Policy

On a couple of occasions, I have been extremely disappointed with Spotlights exchange policy. Today, I needed to exchange frames that were the same size, same brand but without a receipt, no exchange was allowed. Exchange and returns policies seem to be designed to purposefully make things difficult for customers.
DK, Lincraft and Bed Bath Table much friendlier.

Store LocationSpotlight Trinity Gardens

Feedback for Sofie Jacobs - Bayswater- VIC

I would like to provide positive feedback regarding SOFIE JACOBS .
I called to check on availability of a kids comforter ( Disney Frozen). Sofie went above and to assist me, and took my number and advised that she will call back the next day to see if one was available. Sofie did called back and advised she has located one. I cannot speak highly enough about the fantastic
customer service provided by Sofie, she was polite, courteous, helpful, and delivered on her promise. Sofie should be commend for her excellent customer service. Great work, and a great staff member to the store.
In fact the customer service from the Bayswater (vic) store is great always, and staff are delightful to deal with.

Store LocationBayswater, Victoria

Sabine

SabineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Why even bother

Mt barker store disability unfriendly

The isles are getting narrower with added signs and products jutting out. Very claustrophobic. Not a pleasant shopping experience. Oh and being close to Christmas and sales were on one staff member at the checkout.

Store LocationMt Barker

Deb

DebPeel, WA

Koo sheets - mega king

Mega king only in price! Do not fit king bed, have shrunk and after returning 1st pair due to splitting, 2nd pair are now splitting. Why advertise mega king when this is sooo false! Do not purchase.

Store LocationCannington