Spring Flat Plastic

Spring Flat Plastic (page 2 of 3)

3.5

hengeo

hengeoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

For what I paid for it, it's actually worth the price

I purchased this for a new house, looks half decent, coverage is definitely better than others. As a comparison i used Taubmans with microban for the ensuite and bathrooms and need to do at least 3 coats in total. For Spring I got away with 1 undercoat and 1 with the flat plastic. Happy with my spend and happy with the finish and happier for what I paid price wise!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Jayjay

JayjayMelbourne

Great as a ceiling paint

We purchased Taubmans ceiling paint and it was terrible, no coverage. Purchased this product for the ceiling and its great. Cornice needs 3 coats but otherwise it has been great. We also painted the entire garage in it. Better than top brands.
Would definitely recommend. Worth a try for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jackee

JackeeNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Almost translucent and took 4 coats.

KevCol

KevColPerth, WA

Not much different to paint 6x the price

Josie

JosieAdelaide

Great paint

Good quality ceiling paint for my room. Put another coat after 1st coat dried and it looks perfect. Cheap n does the job. Dries fast and smell is bit strong but goes away in 2nd day. So far so good. Easy to apply.I will purchase more..im happy. Thanks alot great

Stan M

Stan MSydney

Best value paint on the market

After doing some research i took a punt on this paint.

Found it to be good, with better than average coverage, and workability.

I used it to paint and spray a 600sqm building and it did the job well.

Worth noting this product is made for Bunnings by Dulux, has the same colour range as the Dukux colours, and as long as you can use a white base, and was only reduced to this price to fend off Masters.

The 4litre can was $11.90, but just moved up 5%. This product was $33.90 before Masters opened. I think it is on the way back up.

Bunnings staff do a good job of trying to convince you not to buy it.

excellent!

I'm am so happy with this paint! I was apprehensive at first because of how cheap it is, I got 15L of the low sheen acrylic to do my whole flat, and all I can say is WOW. It glides on easily, the smell isn't at all strong and 2 coats gave my walls an even and near perfect finish. I feel like getting another 15L to put away for the next 6 or so years for when my walls need doing again. I'm scared they will take this wonderful cheap paint off the market.

slee

sleebrisbane

Terrible

I bought the spring low sheen acrylic, it dried flat, no sheen whatsoever. If i want flat finish, I would buy the flat. The paint is very runny and thin, can easily gets paint runs. Will never use this again. Took it back to bunnings and got refund. A lady behind me was also returning this brand of paint. I think bunnings should get rid of this brand, it's giving you guys a real bad name.

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing 30 years painting very good paint

I was shocked with how good this paint was at $11 from Bunnings for 4l I thought I would give it a go and after reading other reviews I did not know how it would go. But I went on with ease and no spatter and covered very well. There was no smell like some say all paint smells and this was nothing unmoral. And it covered well 1 coat when painting take its easy and recharge your roller often don’t try and do too big a area before re charging your roller thats why people have a problem they and to do it to quick. As I said I have been painting a long time I am retired now and I have used may expensive paints but this one I was shocked very good highly recommended

WazzaGJ

WazzaGJAU

Great paint at an even greater price

I had a similar experience with the paint looking like aquadhere, however I realised that I hadn't stirred it sufficiently. Once it was thoroughly stirred I found that it actually covered better than two other brands I had previously used costing over $60. I will definitely be reccommending this product to my friends.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
morrie

morrieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Made by Dulux to compete with Masters As good as others

After painting 2 coats of American paint Sherwin-Williams which was supposed to be good lucky i bought it cheap when masters closed The finish was still streaky and blotchy it was very disappointing so i looked at paint reviews for the expensive brands and was amazed to see lots of negative comments then i saw the reviews on Spring flat plastic and thought why not I bought a 10 Liter can 28 bucks i was really happy with the ease it rolled on and the coverage was fantastic. I would use it again for sure.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Enzomelbourne

Fantastic

I am a fully qualified tradesman painter & decorator and have been in the trade for over 30 years. Spring ceiling paint is absolutely fantastic. You only need 1 coat over White existing ceilings or you could get it tinted to any color you like. The low-sheen paint is great value and it's a reasonable quality. Spring enamel is a great product also.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Enzo

Bunnings is the supplier.

Nat

Nat

Amazing for the price!

I recently used the spring flat interior to paint the ceiling in my bedroom white. It cost me $11.90 for 4L. I also used the spring enamel to paint the trim, windows and door white and it looks amazing. For the price, I'll be going to burnings! I used a more expensive paint on the walls and i found it no different to the cheaper one. Next room I paint I will use spring on the walls and save more money!
The only downfall was that I couldn't get black in the spring enamel.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Geoff B

Geoff Bmelbourne

did the job well

I have just finished repairing a room where angry teenagers. punched holes in the plaster. I asked the paint department in Bunnings for the cheapest paint available. Spring was only $18.60 for 4 litres. They told me that its not good quality and seemed surprised that I wanted this paint. It was tinted to a computer colour match and away I went in hope. The job is done and it looks great. It took two coats but I usually use two coats anyway. I just wonder why any one would pay three times the price for top name paints when there are cheaper alternatives.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
bubbles

bubbles

Fantastic!

I am a 71 year old female with no experience in painting cupboards/closets.window frames/etc. I purchased Spring high gloss enamel paint from Bunnings hardware and painted all the kitchen cupboards and the pantry from a yucky green to a brilliant white and the result is absolutely fantastic. I now have a bright, shiny white modern looking kitchen and my family, when visiting, could not believe how great a job I did. All this for less than a 4 litre can of Spring paint which cost far less than other well known brand paints. I could not be happier with the result and will recommend Spring paint to all my family and friends.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Stacy

StacyBrisbane

No issues

Have used this paint several times for commercial interiors. Painted a photography studio flat white over off white?yellow walls, 1 light coat to prime, 2 coats to cover, no show through, nice and flat. Another occasion I have had this paint tinted neutral/off white for repaint over non matching walls white and off white, 2 coats gave full coverage, no show through. Just prepare surface in a professional manner and mix paint well.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
shootingstar

shootingstarWOULDN'T U LIKE 2KNOW, Nsw

Great for the price

I've used the ceiling flat plastic, acrylic & enamel & I'm happy with the result.
Takes two hours to dry the enamel takes longer of course.
Yes it does stick to the wall... No it doesn't turn streaky...
Might be a good idea to make sure the wall is clean & stir the paint properly to eliminate any potential issues ;)
Great price if your on a budget, I recommend this paint!
If it wasn't for Spring I couldn't have done a thing!! :):)

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Worst paint ever!!!

This is the worst paint I've ever bought. It looks like Aquadere glue, paints on like that glue and takes ages to dry. I put the first coat on and it was all gluey and streaky. When I put the second coat on, the wet brush took the first cost off. I'm totally disgusted.
If I wanted glue, I would have bought it..oh hang on, wait...glue sticks better than this paint.

The worst paint I've ever used!!

When I first opened the paint, it looked very yellow and glue like. It didn't only look like glue, but it felt like glue too! Doesn't stick to the wall very well and the coverage is terrible!! It runs down the wall like water!! And the smell!!! Thought I might save some money but I ended up using the whole 4L bucket to paint one wall 3x3 with a big window and a door! Never ever again!!

Spring paint, a nice surprise!

I purchased some Spring paint recently and was glad I did.
The rooms I painted using 'Spring'
look great.
A nice texture and consistency on the brush and the colour is wonderful.
It was a mistint but I am calling it 'Soft Vanilla'.
I would use this brand again.
Stronger odour (while applying it I noticed) and you do need good ventilation in my opinion as you paint but it is still worth a try. Check it out.

Marty

Martyasked

Can Spring Flat Plastic be used to paint New Born Baby Crib.

Helen D.

Helen D.asked

I would like an honest answer from an experienced tradesman comparing Spring paint with Dulux or Taubmans paint.
What is the benefit of Spring Flat Plastic compared to Dulux etc.
I have been told Spring is made up of chalk and talcum powder !!!
I want a quality paint that will stand up to grandchildren fingers etc and I don't want to be painting again for many years.
Please advise as existing painter insists on Spring Paint saying to trust him it is the best though we asked for Dulux brand
Julia

Zed R.

Spring is made by Dulux for Bunnings (just as British Paints is also made by Dulux) and had its price reduced to make life hard for Masters. I have had other painters tell me all sorts of things about Spring but when asked if they have tried it, the answer is usually ‘no, but this guy I know said.....’
So I tried it and used the enamel to spray paint my own kitchen cabinets. Guess how many comments I got on the beautiful finish and which paint I used. I just answer them with, ‘you would faint if I told you how much this specialty paint costs and you can only buy it from one supplier’
All I can suggest is for such a cheap price try it at least for the first coat. If you don’t like it use another brand for the final coat. It’s already saved you money using it as an intermediate coat.
Please don’t forget shortcuts have no place in finishing. If the product says prime/undercoat and 2 coats of paint, do what it says. Listen to the manufactures advice, not ‘this guy I know’
Remember Australian standards for paint is a 3 coat system.

Benson

Bensonasked

How long will the Spring Interior / Exterior Acrylic Semi Gloss paint last?

Tarielle
Tarielle

I have used it to paint doors and have had no problems. I expect it to last as long as any other gloss paint.

Zed R.

Depends on the situation. Outdoors lasts less than indoors. In the sun lasts less than in the shade, exposed to moisture last less than dry.
Key point is, repaint before the paint turns chalky or blisters and peels.
Rule of thumb is repaint every 5 to 7 years but keep in mind those points made above.

Gordon

In my opinion it would come down to the quality and types of binders, pigments, additives and Biocides used. So due to its price range, I would suspect not a long lasting product and also an unhealthy choice.