SsangYong Rexton Y200 / Y220

SsangYong Rexton Y200 / Y220 (2003-2006) (page 2 of 2)

3.8 from 40 reviews · View Details

• Boot Size
  • Features
  • Comfort

Good

In the 114,000 klms it has done a lot of 4wd.
I put in Koni shockers and it handles dirt,corrugations very well.
As all mechanical parts can be obtained from non Ssangyong dealers servicing is cheap.I also can do it myself.
I changed tyres from 255/65 x 16 to 245/70 x16 as these as easier to obtain outback.
Very reliable
The 290 diesel lacks a bit of power

HermannK

HermannK

BadgeSport

BadgeRX270
Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how SsangYong Rexton Y200 / Y220 compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

liked car but experiencing mechanical problems very expensive to rectify, paid £26k new now worth £4k anyoneelse with diff faults
good comfortable car, easy to drive.
car is just over 3 yrs old front diff gone, servicing expensive and looses value quickly, cost of repair is more than value of car

Viktoria

ViktoriaNSW, 2007

ddd

I have also experienced the same problems - after about 3-4 months it would not recognise blank discs - picture would freeze up - would not play certain brands of dual layer discs etc. Unit taken in for warranty repairs twice. First time didn't make any differance - it was suggested I clean the laser every month !!. On the second occasion the "loader" was replaced and so far -------- everything works ok - no problems yet !

OK

nelsongoh

nelsongoh

Good

The Engine is strong, powerful, and excellent for all kinds of weather through the pelting down of rain to the dry desert sand. Excellent vehicle if you are looking for a 4 wheel drive.
This is and extremely excellent car, it is built to full capacity to do all kinds of things like off road use and gives you one of the best experiences you could get. The quality and design is done so well that I would never want to sell it, no matter what the price. The interior is spacious and comfortable giving you a variety of components inside.

Bad

The fact that I paid so much for a service is a turnoff. $333.00 in Parts $222.55 for oil. Then on top of that Labour. I think next time I will go back to Toyota and save money
My Rexton has done 60,000 kms of service in just 2 years. Great wagon for both on and off road conditions
The fact diesel is so expensive in Australia detracts from its economy. And I have just had a 60,000 km service done. I don't know if all dealers charge the same but in Blackforest SA I paid a small fortune. I brought a Ssangyong not a Mercedes.

Bad

I had my Rex written off by the insurance company recently because the cost of the replacement engine from Ssangyong was $54000! The water that destroyed my vehicle wasn't even above the sidesteps but the wake of a truck coming in the opposite direction caused the damage! BE AWARE!!!
WAS a nice car to drive.
Be careful - very careful! The air intake for this car is just above the bumper at the front of the vehicle - not good for going through water!

Good

Still very satisfied inspite of minor niggles as mention. Eventually got the Nudge bar and tow bar fitted this week, looks great.

To all of those who have Toyota and Nissan on their brains ( due to motoring mag indoctrination/brainwashing!) put your prejudice aside and take a Rexton for a drive, you surley will "smile"
No done 8000Kms, The vehicle is getting better all the time, In fact I got back into my Volvo S70 for a day and could not wait to back into the Rexton.
Still waiting for a rear bumper to be replaced, now over 5 weeks.
cannot get aftermarket headlamp and bonnet protectors, even though you can get them for the Kyron. Hopefully these will eventually come on to the market.

BadgeLimited

BadgeLimited

Good Overall Performer

Purchased in February 2006 for A$100,000.00.

Noise Level

BadgeRX270 Limited

Lekan

Lekanasked

Rexton Y200 / Y220 (2003-2006)

Pls ,what can make SsangYong Rexton not to change at all from drive ,it doesn't change from D1 to D2 and same as D3.it only stand still ,instead it will only grip .

Mark

Markasked

Rexton Y200 / Y220 (2003-2006)

I have a Ssangyong Rexton 2.7 xdi 2006. The auto transmission seems as if it cant decide what gear to go in. Sometimes when I stop I have no gears at all and have to turn the ignition off and on then I get gears but it lacks power.
Any ideas on the problem?

Mark3232
Mark3232

It's probably low on oil. I just bought a car with this exact same issue for $1000 and after putting a couple of litres of transmission fluid in her, it runs like a dream. I would suggest you take it to a shop and get it checked for leaks as well if this has happened.

Laurance L.

Laurance L.asked

Rexton Y200 / Y220 (2003-2006)

Hello, I have a 2004 270XDI THE CAR HAS an erratic temp gauge when it will hear right up every now and then but car not hot

Anyway I've noticed I dont have any Parker lights on both sides front, not do I have tail lights on the passenger rear, all bulbs are good however 1 tail light bulb is missing,

What I do find strange is all the bulbs on the rear passenger will light up when the left indicator is on with the headlights and brake pedal, with all of the above on the left Indicator flashes fast like it is missing the rear bulb but is on solid with 1 other bulb on very dim and the rest working properly,

Anyone have any ideas on what may cause this, I find it very odd, could this have something to do with the temp gauge (read on a forum broken tail light can affect this also)

AaJjSs81
AaJjSs81

First change the thermostat and temp sensor. This also allows the connections to be "fiddled with" cause this car has terrible connections! About the lights, again fiddle with connections first.