10SsangYong Rexton

71%12%17%

troydavis
troydavisCosta Rica
  Y200 II / Y285 II

Good

We really enjoy the vehicle except for the suspension issue, I am sure it can be corrected someway but I have not had any luck.
Very comfortable and roomy vehicle, Handles on the road very nicely. Air in the 3rd row is a plus
I am having rear suspension issues, I replaced all the shocks on the vehicle (front & rear) but when I am on the road and hit a bump or pothole the rear end bottoms out. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how was this issue corrected ? Show 2 replies
Edwin2001
Edwin2001AU4 posts
maxthecherryman
maxthecherrymanAU2 posts
  Rexton Y200 II / Y285 II RX270
christine
christineSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts
  Y200 II / Y285 II

I will in the future again buy a SssangYong Rexton as long as they are still around. I hope so.

Have driven a few other brands, styles, etc. and would not go past this car. Sensational. The colour blue is appealing as well.
Awesome Car. Drives like magic. Is the best car I have ever driven. Looks fantastic. Drives well. No problems.
Nothing. Love it all.

brilamb3 posts
brivo
brivo
  Y200 / Y220

Good

In the 114,000 klms it has done a lot of 4wd.

I put in Koni shockers and it handles dirt,corrugations very well.

As all mechanical parts can be obtained from non Ssangyong dealers servicing is cheap.I also can do it myself.

I changed tyres from 255/65 x 16 to 245/70 x16 as these as easier to obtain outback.
Very reliable

danmeltranz
deanecooper
deanecooper
  Y200 / Y220

liked car but experiencing mechanical problems very expensive to rectify, paid £26k new now worth £4k anyoneelse with diff faults
good comfortable car, easy to drive.
car is just over 3 yrs old front diff gone, servicing expensive and looses value quickly, cost of repair is more than value of car
Viktoria
ViktoriaNSW, 200774 posts

ddd

I have also experienced the same problems - after about 3-4 months it would not recognise blank discs - picture would freeze up - would not play certain brands of dual layer discs etc. Unit taken in for warranty repairs twice. First time didn't make any differance - it was suggested I clean the laser every month !!. On the second occasion the "loader" was replaced and so far -------- everything works ok - no problems yet !

rb51
rb51
  Rexton Y200 II / Y285 II RX270 Automatic
miketri
miketri
nelsongoh
nelsongoh38 posts
  Y200 / Y220

Good

The Engine is strong, powerful, and excellent for all kinds of weather through the pelting down of rain to the dry desert sand. Excellent vehicle if you are looking for a 4 wheel drive.
This is and extremely excellent car, it is built to full capacity to do all kinds of things like off road use and gives you one of the best experiences you could get. The quality and design is done so well that I would never want to sell it, no matter what the price. The interior is spacious and comfortable giving you a variety of components inside.
usontheroad
usontheroad
  Y200 / Y220

Bad

The fact that I paid so much for a service is a turnoff. $333.00 in Parts $222.55 for oil. Then on top of that Labour. I think next time I will go back to Toyota and save money
My Rexton has done 60,000 kms of service in just 2 years. Great wagon for both on and off road conditions
The fact diesel is so expensive in Australia detracts from its economy. And I have just had a 60,000 km service done. I don't know if all dealers charge the same but in Blackforest SA I paid a small fortune. I brought a Ssangyong not a Mercedes.
Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how SsangYong Rexton compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

min72-pr33622
min72-pr33622
  Y200 / Y220

Bad

I had my Rex written off by the insurance company recently because the cost of the replacement engine from Ssangyong was $54000! The water that destroyed my vehicle wasn't even above the sidesteps but the wake of a truck coming in the opposite direction caused the damage! BE AWARE!!!
WAS a nice car to drive.
Be careful - very careful! The air intake for this car is just above the bumper at the front of the vehicle - not good for going through water!
rexxiefan
rexxiefan3 posts
Raldup
Raldup
  Y200 / Y220

Good

Still very satisfied inspite of minor niggles as mention. Eventually got the Nudge bar and tow bar fitted this week, looks great.

To all of those who have Toyota and Nissan on their brains ( due to motoring mag indoctrination/brainwashing!) put your prejudice aside and take a Rexton for a drive, you surley will "smile"
No done 8000Kms, The vehicle is getting better all the time, In fact I got back into my Volvo S70 for a day and could not wait to back into the Rexton.
Still waiting for a rear bumper to be replaced, now over 5 weeks.

cannot get aftermarket headlamp and bonnet protectors, even though you can get them for the Kyron. Hopefully these will eventually come on to the market.

pcraig8100-pr8722