SsangYong Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV

SsangYong Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV (2005-2008)

(No Badge) (2008), SPR (2008), Sports (2007-2008), Limited (2005-2008) and Sports Plus (2005-2007)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

About to take ownership of #2

We bought a 2006 model in 2013, low kms, and it was a very tidy car, unfortunately Stavros was T-Boned, by what we suspect to be a speeding (cant be proven) driver, he ploughed his pulsar into the driver door. The door though caved in on the outside, had the safety bar in the door that was still straight and solid, the door still opened and closed, it protected my wife perfectly... unfortunately the hit was so big though that the motor sheared off its mounts and the car was written off, so after a few months of waiting, next week we pick up our new Stavic! these things can take a BIG hit and keep you safe! (p.s. there was nothing left of the pulsar)

BadgeSports
TransmissionManual

maguyver

maguyver

great people mover

Was not sure about this car but I am so happy with it. It's quiet, spacious. Can fit 7 adults and still has a large boot. It feels modern and while not overly luxurious it doesn't feel like a budget car. I have the sports model. ( that's right - a sporty 7 seater ☺) it's ok with fuel. It's got power. Its damn good looking in black. I've had the car for over a year and it hasn't given me any problems. The only annoying thing about this car is the light in the boot area is manual so it doesn't go on and off with the rest of the car lights and I have forgotten to turn it off many times when getting the groceries.

BadgeSports
Transmission0
Brendan K

Brendan KForestville, New South Wales

2006 Stavic 3.5L Petrol still going strong

Michele

MicheleCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

Awesome Car we love our Stavic

We brought our 2005 Stavic turbo diesel as new, 9 years on and still going strong has travelled over 310,000 km and never missed a beat, great family car,good on long haul trips
Excellent value for money!!!!!!!

a fish Blk 2005 awd 2.7 xdi 5* rating

Ken

KenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be warned

Frank
Frank

What about the warranty cover. Does it not apply in this case. Since you have said 2 years. I assume the normal warranty is 3 years so you would have been within the warranty and Km period!!!!

Darren505

Darren505Melbourne

How it performs in an accident

PTM
PTM

SsangYong Korando Stavic(Turismo)

Musso-rific

Just as an FYI the Stavic is rated 4 star by KNCAP - Korea's NCAP safety testing programme. So people can buy with the confidence that they have pretty reasonable safety.

Wilbert
Wilbert

We have the actyon suv.. its great and it feels safe! :)

Musso-rific

Parts availability has improved massively since the Ateco takeover of Ssangyong distributorship. We had a little bingle in our Korando and the parts were in Adelaide within 2 weeks.

The best people mover!

Tony Melbourne

It might be a good people mover BUT it is the ugliest vehicle i have ever seen what were they thinking when they designed it?

Zullgoldberg
Zullgoldberg

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't find it ugly at all.

Tony Melbourne

You don't find it ugly? Even the Top Gear Guys said it is one of the ugliest car ever made

I have owned my Stavic for 8 months and am extremely happy with it. It fits two child seats with access between them to the rear seats and has more space behind the back seats than any other people mover that I have seen. It has also proved to be a very capable tow vehicle. After owning a wide variety of other vehicle, another impressive feature is the build quality.
Excellent economy and very comfortable
Some people have suggested that she is ugly, obviously they need their eyes checked.

Sheep

Sheep

Terrible

Jan
Jan

tyconcheyle

tyconcheyle

Good

I love the car, it drives smooth and has not trouble handling the road and hills with cruise control on, the features are great and placed well in the car. The service centre in Bundoora is awesome and helpful and friendly - DO NOT USE BAYSWATER they do not do what they promise.
beautiful to drive, has everything you need, cup holders, cassette, cd, radio, under seat storage, glasses case, tray in the rear, plenty of charging outlets, spacious, carpet comes out to be washed in machine, has a mercedes engine without the proce tag
the back seats have to be taken out and they are very heavy, Can not remove the middle seats, did not come with tinted windows

overall i love this vehicle i would buy another one tommorow lots of power huge fuel economy very comfortable i drove from SA to WA 2200kms in 2 days and loved every second of it wasnt aching as you would in most cars good to go four wheel driving in could be a little higher though but to rap it up well done to ssangyong
excellent people mover i bought the sv270 sports plus 12 months ago loved it that much i have just bought the 2.7 4x4 limited love it even more and as for peoples comments on the styling have another look
8 seater would of been nice blind spot for drivers looking to the left of windscreen (rear view mirror) and not much sight out of the back window

spacy250

spacy250Perth, WA

The best is value for money, you can buy a new Stavic for the same price as a 2006 Tarago with 40000 kms on the clock and it is diesel. The fuel economy is great, 8.7ltrs/100kms and there is plenty of room and comes with all the fruit. My family loves it. We had a Tarago previously and this vehicle beats it hands down.
Great car. people say it is ugly but I think that this people mover isnt as daggy as what the Tarago looks and is a lot nicer to drive. Took one test drive of the new Stavic and was sold there and then. Bought it the next day.
An option of a 8 seater would be good and easy rear folding seats. The seats are way to heavy for my wife to pull out if you want the extra space in the rear.