4SsangYong Stavic A100.II SPR
Part of SsangYong Stavic  4.5 (51)

SsangYong Stavic A100.II SPR (2009-2015)

4.5

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

SsangYong Stavic › A100.II › SPR12 reviews
Simon in 't Hout.Lovely banks. 32137 posts
GARDZO
GARDZO

Good Car

Have owned my stavic since new(2013), best value for my money. I love this car. Good space and my big family travels in comfort ( not squished) whilst there is respectable boot space. Very good car to run.

Ssangyong should keep improving the interior (plastics) ,incl the sound system (more powerful speakers)

adisa
adisa3 posts

Excellent car

The car is excellent and runs well. It is also quite economical on fuel - does Canberra to Melbourne (650km) with three-quarter tank. And for sub 30K price, you can't go wrong.

Got to be careful with dealers though. The one in Canberra quoted more than twice the normal price to replace brake pad and rotor during service at odometer reading of 55000. Protested and called Ssangyong directly and was told to seek a second opinion. I ended up paying less than half the dealer's price.

Dave P
Dave PAU7 posts

Ssangyong Stavic

Performance great for 2.0L engine.

Handling comfortable on long trips, minimal engine noise.

Interior practical, can remove rear bench seat for more space.

Climate control air con works well for heating and cooling.

Plenty of legroom but wife finds the leather seats too firm.

Reliability excellent, servicing expensive, fuel 9.0-9.5l/100kms.

Gwondana Photography Pty
Gwondana Photography PtyNSWSydney, NSW13 posts

Ssangyong Stavic

Used for touring in my photography business. Used on tour in National Parks on dirt, on long runs through the mountains and along the coast. Great vehicle, hasn't missed a beat. 30 thousand on the clock. So impressed my wife is looking at a Korando. Lots of space, large cargo area, removable back seat. Fuel around 9 L/100km. Easy access for all. Comfortable on 1000 km tours.

Rajan
RajanMelbourne2 posts

Great Value For Your Money

My car have done 71k on the clock in just over 2 years.....Running as new.Its very smooth and quite..we love our car..we even have a lexus rx450h but still we use our ssangyong for all the longer trips because it has so much room and kids love it.. In my personal opinion its an excellent family car for the price and surely its an under rated car.. so if you really after a good family car then go for it you will be pleased with your decision.. Because this car offers a lot more than what we pay it..We love our car.

Jt28
Jt2811 posts
David Ronnfeldt
David RonnfeldtAU4 posts
  Stavic A100.II SPR

Could you imagine how many of these you could sell if it had a different badge

These are a great value for money vehicle. Very roomy, great economy for a vehicle this size, very comfortable. Our kids (x5) are now getting older (hey 2 are now adults), and we needed a new car after our 1995 Tarago finally wore out. Looked around at all of the 7/8 seater vans around, and only stumbled onto the Stavic by accident. We didn't even know they existed. Ended up with the vehicle that meets our needs for nearly 1/2 the price. If this thing had a badge from a better known company in Australia, they would not be able to keep up with demand.

I would recommend to anyone to go and have a look, if your anything like us you will drive it away.

Nyan
Nyan2 posts
Matt
MattVICThe Mallee, VIC2 posts
  Stavic A100.II SPR

Absolutely unreal value for money!

Was looking for some space for kids, this is unreal, roomy, leather seats, massive seating options, auto and rear a/c, trip computer, folding mirrors, auto wipers/headlights, big storage, big fuel capacity, quite, honestly amazing for its money. I have had a lot of vehicles and never thought I would try one, but we have done 15000 kms in 5 months and it is great. also with the real wheel drive and long wheelbase it is great on dirt/gravel, I can drive it just as hard as an SUV and it responds very well. well worth considering.

seats a bit rattley, needs another gear to kick back to for highway overtaking. Show details

ExpeditionsandEvents
ExpeditionsandEvents45 posts

Great solid car

Just seen the SPR in the flesh for the first time today. The leather seats make a big difference to the overall ambiance of the car. Also one of the problems is that on the base model there the speedo is in the middle and difficult to see is solved - the SPR puts a digital odometer behind the steering wheel.

I have created a Facebook group for people who own a Ssangyong Stavic, or are thinking about buying one.