St George Global Currency Card

St George Global Currency Card Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Maryasked

Why does it takes 10 working days to transfer it back to my st George saving account it was instant the other way around ?

peter s
peter s

the card is a service, something that like sub bank of st George & visa. it only worked for me in paypal and never in any overseas atm / epos.

C Reilly

GOOD QUESTION. Exactly what I put to St George. Unfortunately, no one from St George here, the only response you’ll get are from other customers who are also annoyed.

Maryasked

Can I transfer the unused money back to my saving account

C Reilly

In theory yes, but apparently even though transferring from your regular St George to your GCC is instant, transferring back takes 10 business days. And with how often things go wrong with this card, I wouldn’t want to rely on even that happening.

C Reilly

I just saw your other question. If you’ve already loaded Australian dollars to the card, and are still in Australia, you should be able to withdraw it from an ATM. This may be the fastest way to get it back into your account. If you have changed the money to foreign currency, you will loose too much concerting it back to Australia dollars only to convert it again through some other institution. It’s nit ideal, but I recommend withdrawing what you can when you get to your destination and work at emptying it out over the first few days (you can only withdraw a max of $2000 AU per day).

Mary

Thank you every one I am still in Australia so I think I will withdraw it and deposit it back to my saving account and just use my normal debit card while overseas

Maryasked

After reading all this negative comments I am very worried to use it overseas I was hoping that I can use it for e.g. paying for hotels and transport overseas otherwise I will just have to keep withdrawing cash

C Reilly

I highly advise against this card. Firstly, it’s not operated by St George. Here is the information you’ll receive only once you’ve made a complaint (copy and pasted from email):

St.George Global Currency Card Dispute Team

St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714, is the distributor of this product. Rv Australia Pty Ltd ACN 117 378 953 AFSL 401610 manages the St.George Bank Global Currency Card product for Cuscal Limited ACN 087 822 455 AFSL 244116, an authorised deposit-taking institution. Cuscal Limited is the issuer of the product but does not take deposits from you. Westpac is not responsible for and does not guarantee this product or card or your ability to access any prepaid value or the use of this product or card.

Frank B.

Frank B.asked

Why are there so many negative reviews?

mc35
mc35

Have USD & AUD left on card which I cannot transfer back into my bank account. Can do a reverse transfer with Qantas Global Card!

Frank B.

Frank B.asked

We have just received two Global Currency Cards - But after reading so many negative reviews are reluctant to use it - Do we have to return them or can we just tear them up?
Frank and Rosemary Baines

Nikya

Nikyaasked

How do I exchange my US dollars back to AUS dollars on my global currency card?

David
David

It's the opposite of when you changed from AU to US
I normally wait when the exchange rate is good then change back to Aussie dollars

maryannep

maryannepasked

hi have a global currency card that has expired 6 months ago. I Wish to transfer the money from the old account to the new global currency card. How do I Do this?

Lauren C.

Lauren C.asked

How can i use my GCC for online purchases? Trying to get tickets and its telling me to contact my credit card merchant.

maureen masked

how do I transfer left over money from my global currency card back to my normal visa account

maureen m

how can I transfer money from my global currency card back to my visa account

BettyBoop51

Sorry, I haven't needed to do that, so I can't answer your question. I suggest you contact St George direct.

Hill K

Hill Kasked

What internet site do I go into and cancel global currency cards and transfer existing balances into another St. George account/
Kim Hill

BettyBoop51

Can't answer your question as I have never had the need to do this. However, I did call the St George Customer Services number recently (1300 277 103) on another matter related to currency cards. I got through fairly quickly (to an Australian call centre!) and they were able to help me with my query.

Barbara S

Barbara Sasked

Why am I being required to sign for transactions in the UK instead of using my PIN?

Anthony
Anthony

It just seems to be the way it is in the UK. It was fine for me. Just need to keep your card secure.

Julian S
Julian S

Sorry Barbara S I can't help you as I paid for everything in cash. I withdrew 500 pounds from ATM's and never used my card to pay for purchases outright. Using you card to pay for everything in the UK is OK but the bank will charge you currency conversion fees on every purchase you make using your card. It isn't much but it mounts up.
Any cash left over can be changed to Australian dollars at on the cash places at Heathrow Airport.

Jim1
Jim1

Hi, we just got back from 5 weeks in Europe, visiting 8 countries (including the UK). We had to sign when using our St George Global Currency Cards, even for a coffee at Starbucks.... However, when using our normal/non travel type Visa cards we could use both payWave and our PIN’s. We were not asked to sign when we used our normal Visa cards. Cheers