Star Kidz Amico Portacot

Star Kidz Amico Portacot Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Star Kidz

1 question from our users

Pete_Repeatasked

So after reading the choice report on portacots, I'm assuming the mattress is likely of question for safety and suffocation. Judging by one review saying it's "NOT thin and stiff like some of the more expensive ones", I suspect they have made it soft for comfort rather than safety. Also I suspect putting things under it to make it flat will also increase the chance of suffocation.

Star Kidz
Jess P.Star Kidz

The Star Kidz Amico mattress is a foam mattress with a thickness of 4.5cm, so it's a soft, comfy and yet sturdy mattress. It also has a board back support included at the bottom of the mattress.

The mattress is equipped with velcro straps to secure it to four bottom corners of the Portacot, making Amico travel cot a safe sleeping solution. We always recommend to position the Portacot on a flat surface and use the provided mattress provided for safety reasons.

Pete_Repeat

So does the mattress meet AS/NZS 2195:2010. Specifically the 2010 version, not the 1999 version.

Pete_Repeat

It seems it does. Do you have any comments on the choice report which showed a lot of concerns with nearly all these portacots? This has raised concerns for me. Happy to do that via email if you prefer.

Get an answer from our members and Star Kidz representatives